PDA

View Full Version : New Cat Litter Well chuffed!!!

Jac
11-01-2008, 04:07 PM
Yesterday I went for cat litter. I had recently started to use the paper stuff and really liked it. The only problem was they tracked it about the house.

I had been reading about the new Worlds Best cat litter a while ago. It got good reviews and yesterday p@h had it. I bought some. It is a bit dearer than what I normally pay BUT it's fantastic!!!!!

It will work out cheaper in the long run. There is no waste at all. Before I had to change the litter box completely every second day and give it a good wash. Because of the way this stuff clumps there is no need to do this. You just take the lumps out and top up. Even pee's clump totally!!! I no longer need litter box liners, so there is a saving there as well. Obviously I'll still disinfect the trays regularly but I'm amazed.

I think I have tried every litter on the market. I'm sticking with this it's fantastic, honestly.

Remember my cats don't go out. So the litter tray is in constant use. I would highly recommend it to anyone and it will work out cheaper.

babycakes
11-01-2008, 05:15 PM
Whats it called Jac

charliebubs
11-01-2008, 05:16 PM
I love Worlds Best too Jac :)

I know it's a bit more expensive - but I buy the massive bags on the internet and they last for ages and ages. It's so easy to remove the solids as it clumps so well too ;)

I also use Cat's Best Oko Plus and find that fantastic too :)

charliebubs
11-01-2008, 05:17 PM
http://www.worldsbestcatlitter.co.uk/

dinahsmum
11-01-2008, 05:21 PM
It's flushable too, isn't it?

babycakes
11-01-2008, 05:24 PM
I love Worlds Best too Jac :)

I know it's a bit more expensive - but I buy the massive bags on the internet and they last for ages and ages. It's so easy to remove the solids as it clumps so well too ;)

I also use Cat's Best Oko Plus and find that fantastic too :)

Duhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: I thought Jac said it was under worlds best ( ie naming different ones)

Jac
11-01-2008, 06:13 PM
Yeh it's flushable. I'm never going to buy anything else. Plus there is NO smell!! It does work out a lot cheaper. Just a bigger out lay to begin with.

Jac
12-01-2008, 11:28 AM
I just bought two bags from your link Charlie thanks. Even better as it gets delivered. How long does delivery normally take? It doesn't say.

JBalways2000
22-01-2008, 01:30 AM
I used to get worlds best and agree that it is great stuff, however i have been using cats best for nearly a year now. its £5.99 a bag at P@H and we have four indoor kitties and id say a bag lasts us a few weeks :shock: it is fantastic stuff and is flushable too so if you havent tried this one then i suggest you do so-its every bit as good as worlds best but cheaper;)

tilly
22-01-2008, 11:44 AM
Is it very dusty as buster has to have dust free cat litter and even the ones that say they are still give off dust. I use tescos premuim paper based cat litter which isn't at all dusty which is surprising.

Sally

Fran
22-01-2008, 11:48 AM
Is it very dusty as buster has to have dust free cat litter and even the ones that say they are still give off dust. I use tescos premuim paper based cat litter which isn't at all dusty which is surprising.

Sally

Sally, I use 'Yesterday's News' (made by Purina I think) which is a recycled newspaper pellet cat litter. There is absolutely no dust at all as I found the meezers to be sensitive to the dust in the wood based litter I used to use. For anyone that has a cat senstive to dust from litter, I can highly recommend this litter.

dandysmom
22-01-2008, 05:25 PM
This sounded interesting. I checked my supermarket and they don't carry it.. :( Could get it on line for $7.95 a 7 lb, bag, but the shipping costs are horrendous, would be over $15.00, so reluctantly will stick with my clay-based litter...

Jac
22-01-2008, 06:12 PM
That's a shame Eileen as it is really good. No dust, no tracking, great. I found the paper stuff good but my two tracked it through the house and the wood pellet very dusty.

dandysmom
22-01-2008, 10:08 PM
Leia doesn't track much; I have an old car mat in front of the litter tray and it's mostly there; easy to get rid of. I would like to try the World's best, but not at $15.00 a bag!

Soupie
22-01-2008, 11:14 PM
I use Oko plus - again a clumping litter and biodegradable but I don't flush because of the environmental problems that can cause, I dispose of in special biodegradable bags.

Only £21 for a 40l bag which lasts me ages even with 3 :D

diskinc
23-08-2008, 12:12 PM
A question for those that have used both World Best and Oko Plus - which is better for odour absorption?

I use the Oko Plus at the moment and although it is very good I don't think it's brilliant at odour control. So if worlds best is better at that I might give it a go.

Thanks.

random
26-08-2008, 08:32 PM
Is the green one the new one then Jac?

I used the blue one a few times but preferred Oko Plus but the tracking from Oko is dreadful, a few of mine get really over zealous with the scratting too. It's double what i'm paying for Oko Plus mind if it didn't track would be worth it. May try a wee bag.