PDA

View Full Version : Yippeeeeee

Jac
09-01-2008, 08:13 PM
My Central heating is fixed!!!!! that's been since Christmas morning.

The guy is coming back tomorrow as I need a new timer switch and he had to replace some wires.
I'm so glad I don't have to wear my wooly hat to bed tonight.

babycakes
09-01-2008, 11:46 PM
Great news Jac. I understand what that is like as we have had our heating off over the last couple of months and have electric heaters everywhere that are eating the electricity

dandysmom
09-01-2008, 11:59 PM
My Central heating is fixed!!!!! that's been since Christmas morning.

The guy is coming back tomorrow as I need a new timer switch and he had to replace some wires.
I'm so glad I don't have to wear my wooly hat to bed tonight.

LOl, that brings back memories of when my boiler died a few years back and I did wear a wooly hat in bed!!

Jac
10-01-2008, 01:19 AM
I remember years ago I did the same. It was so cold I had to scrape the ice off the inside of the windows:shock:

yola
10-01-2008, 10:37 AM
Excellent news Jac - not nice when there's no heating :(

We had night storage heaters as a kid (no central heating) and we DID on a couple of occasions have ice on the inside of the windows . . . I remember tracing the pretty patterns they had made with my finger. Nightmare :shock:

smudgley
10-01-2008, 10:59 AM
Glad your heating is sorted.

They are coming to replace our boiler this weekend at last. It's bloomin' freezing here & has been all over Christmas. :cry:

dandysmom
10-01-2008, 05:39 PM
Excellent news Jac - not nice when there's no heating :(

We had night storage heaters as a kid (no central heating) and we DID on a couple of occasions have ice on the inside of the windows . . . I remember tracing the pretty patterns they had made with my finger. Nightmare :shock:

I remember that too, Yola: my grandma didn't have central heating . When we were visiting in Winter when I was a child I loved to look at the "frost flowers" on the windows!