PDA

View Full Version : Poop query!!!

charliebubs
09-01-2008, 02:17 PM
Well, it's been a while since I posted a question, so thought I should/would!!!

I'm not sure there is any definitive answer, but opinions would be welcome!!! :cool:

Red seems to have gone off pooping in the litter tray :shock: He wees in it quite happily (there are a few trays, but he has one that he seems to prefer and always wees in that one!) but when he wants a poo he goes outside and does it in the garden :?

Why do you think this is??

I don't have a problem with it really - particularly at the moment - but I have noticed that in the recent cold weather (presumably when the soil was too hard to dig) he has been pooping on the lawn. This won't be so great in the spring/summer when I want to sit in the garden with my Pimms and lemonade!!! Surrounded by Red poop :roll: :-D

Do you think I should try and deter him from using the lawn?? If so, how??

Thank you,
Charlie
xx

dinahsmum
09-01-2008, 02:24 PM
It's supposed to be a territory marking thing isn't it - so maybe that's what he's doing?
Summer? Well, the soil should be soft, so he may abandon the lawn. If he persists you'll have to get those 'Scoot' jelly-granule things, which puts them off. Donna had success with them, i think.

charliebubs
09-01-2008, 02:26 PM
Oooooooo - I've never heard of those Hilary - I'll have a Google - thanks ;)

Jac
09-01-2008, 04:25 PM
They also say if you go to the Zoo and ask for lion poop or bear poop put it in your garden then the cats dont "go" there.
A bit extreme I think but the "cat off" stuff works:lol: sprinkle some on your grass and no more poo.

Elaine
09-01-2008, 08:23 PM
Why is his poop red?:lol:
I have no answers but can you tell Red to pop up and let Eva know its ok to poop in the garden, infact its better than the carpet:lol:

pleasehelp
10-01-2008, 10:07 AM
my little fella has kind of stopped pooping in the litter tray too - he still does wees. Althought most of the time he goes to cover the pee or poo with his paws but ends up just scratching the side of teh kitty litter box and not the actuall litter. Also sometimes he misses the litter box in that he has his ass stuck outside it. Any suggestions?