PDA

View Full Version : Is this odd?

Soupie
07-01-2008, 10:23 PM
I know the advice is one litter tray per cat and a spare BUT Portia and Quando always insisted on using the same one so I just put one down after a bit as the other wasn't being used at all.

Obviously new boy has his litter tray and food in another room still but he has started using "theirs" and they have for the last couple of days all been using the same one and the one in the other room is redundant :?

I do keep the trays very clean but is this odd? and if it continues for a few weeks would you get rid of the "spare" tray? anyone elses cats do this? I haven't had indoor only cats before this lot so not sure if this is usual or not ;)

Soupie x

Moli
07-01-2008, 10:28 PM
I have 3 trays, 2 hooded and one open, and they all share them..

dandysmom
07-01-2008, 10:31 PM
Mine are/were indoor only, and when I had three they all used the same box with no problems. I had an upstairs one also but no one ever used it, so put it away. Just needs cleaning a bit more...if they are sharing, I'd not worry at all...

EmmaG
07-01-2008, 11:53 PM
Two cats (mainly indoor cats) one litter tray, they don't mind sharing as long as it is clean.

Moofster
08-01-2008, 08:58 AM
I have 4 kitties, all indoor/outdoor - but one will only use the tray, he can be out all day and come in for a wee :roll: the others will use it when they are in, so they are happy to share. As mentioned above just needs cleaning more, but I guess if you had 2/3 you'd still be cleaning those out, so no more extra work anyway !

pleasehelp
08-01-2008, 10:04 AM
I only have one tray - right by the back door. Frankie either uses it during the night or go outside. A funny thing happened this morning tho - I was in the bathroom getting ready for work - he noses in the door behind me and looks down the toilet. Then he jumps up on the toiled and squats and makes a pee. Except his ass was pointed in the wrong direction - so the floor took the pee. I was standing there with my mouth open.

How do they get so smart.
:shock:

has anyone else have this experience - that their cat wants to use the actual toilet.

dinahsmum
08-01-2008, 10:36 AM
It's simple to get your cats to use the toilet.
Frankie seems half way there, so if you want him to continue it should be easy
Look at this
http://www.catsey.com/showthread.php?t=15234&highlight=toilet+training+the+kittens

babycakes
08-01-2008, 01:03 PM
Another cat I had used to use the toilet (couldn't flush it though) :lol: :lol:
And if the seat was down he went over the plug hole in the bath (only for wee's though)

Kim
08-01-2008, 01:59 PM
I have 4 cats and 1 litter tray, never had any problems with them sharing. They will often use the garden though, particularly in the summer. I just make sure I clean the tray out very regularly.

tilly
08-01-2008, 03:25 PM
I have two cats and they share happliy

Tilly

Leo's Mummy !
09-01-2008, 12:35 PM
This is an interesting topic as I was thinking of getting another kitty & havent the space for another litter try in the bathroom.. but thewn I suppose you have to give them the chioce dont u

angieh
09-01-2008, 02:32 PM
My garden is visited by several local cats and I noticed that Smudge (RIP) and Merlin (when he used to go out) always went around sniffing at where the other cats had peed or scented. I used to say there were going to read their peemails! I think that it is usual for animals to toilet in the same place, outside or inside.