PDA

View Full Version : Kay why a siamese?

Kazz
07-01-2008, 06:55 PM
Come on then Kay spill the beans how come you're moving into Siamese then?

Moli
07-01-2008, 07:21 PM
Simply because they are fantastic cats, full of character and very loving, Oh! and gorgeous...

charliebubs
07-01-2008, 09:12 PM
...and so entertaining and amusing.........oh, and vocal - I can have a whole conversation with mine ;)

Kay
09-01-2008, 09:58 PM
I wanted a cat I can show all year round. Persians will always be my first love but because of there coats there are times in the year that they are not at their best and so can't be shown, and of course the girls drop their coats when they have had kittens. aving been to Fran's several times I have come to love the Siamese as well. Fran then offered me a kitten to show and the rest is history.

Jac
09-01-2008, 10:10 PM
Kay be honest, you want looks and brains:smt044 :smt044 :smt044

Kay
09-01-2008, 10:34 PM
Kay be honest, you want looks and brains:smt044 :smt044 :smt044

Well with my 11 it's about time I had a brainy one. Hopefully Thai will teach them a thing or two, but as Tate is busy talking to his poo at this very moment:roll: :roll: , I doubt it will happen.

Jac
09-01-2008, 10:36 PM
Sound like mine:shock: . There new trick is to chill out so much they fall off the window ledge:lol:

Kay
09-01-2008, 10:48 PM
Sound like mine:shock: . There new trick is to chill out so much they fall off the window ledge:lol:

Tate does that as well and doesn't even land on his feet :roll: .

Moli
09-01-2008, 10:50 PM
You have the best of both worlds Kay, gorgeous fluffy cats with the points too.....I love colour points and Persians...

Kay
09-01-2008, 11:01 PM
You have the best of both worlds Kay, gorgeous fluffy cats with the points too.....I love colour points and Persians...

Thanks.

The Colourpoints are truely the bimbo's of the cat world but I adore them.

Grete
10-01-2008, 07:37 AM
but as Tate is busy talking to his poo at this very moment:roll: :roll: , I doubt it will happen.

Lol thanks Kay, that made me choke on my coffee :-D :shock: :-D

Kay
10-01-2008, 09:58 PM
Lol thanks Kay, that made me choke on my coffee :-D :shock: :-D

Sorry, hope you didn't spill any but Tate has that effect on people :lol: :lol: :lol: .

random
10-01-2008, 10:06 PM
Oh, are meezers ment to be brainy then? Can someone tell Kiara as I think she missed out in that department! :cat32

dandysmom
10-01-2008, 10:27 PM
Oh, are meezers ment to be brainy then? Can someone tell Kiara as I think she missed out in that department! :cat32

LOL, poor Kiara, one short of a sixpack? My Siamese boy was smarter than some people I knew.....

random
10-01-2008, 11:32 PM
LOL, poor Kiara, one short of a sixpack? My Siamese boy was smarter than some people I knew.....

She is by no means stupid but definately not the sharpest tool in the box, Vitaani seems to be the 'cleverest' out of my lot by means of problem solving and quickest at figuring out how things work e.t.c.

dandysmom
10-01-2008, 11:42 PM
All your cats are lovely, Random, but you know that Vitaani is my very favorite! Give her a cuddle from across the Pond! :D

random
10-01-2008, 11:55 PM
All your cats are lovely, Random, but you know that Vitaani is my very favorite! Give her a cuddle from across the Pond! :D

Will do that for you just now, it is her turn to sleep on my bed tonight! :lol: :-D

angieh
11-01-2008, 12:49 AM
Is it true then that Siamese are clever cats? Reminds me to ask whether anyone likes "The Cat Who ...." series of books by Lilian Jackson Braun featuring the 2 Siamese Koko and Yum-Yum! I really like the look of Siamese but someone told me that they are unable to retract their claws. Is that true? Signed .... (ignoramus)!

dandysmom
11-01-2008, 02:41 AM
Is it true then that Siamese are clever cats? Reminds me to ask whether anyone likes "The Cat Who ...." series of books by Lilian Jackson Braun featuring the 2 Siamese Koko and Yum-Yum! I really like the look of Siamese but someone told me that they are unable to retract their claws. Is that true? Signed .... (ignoramus)!

??? Not true! Perfectly normal claws just like any other cat.What an odd observation. I've had moggies and pedigreed all my life, and my Siamese was definitely the smartest cat, with my Aby very closely behind him.
I like the Braun books too; have you read the Cats of Punchbowl Farm series?

Fran
11-01-2008, 08:40 AM
Is it true then that Siamese are clever cats? I really like the look of Siamese but someone told me that they are unable to retract their claws. Is that true? Signed .... (ignoramus)!

They are able to retract their claws just like any other cats and yes, there are exception to every rule of course but they are extremely intelligent and trainable cats. The kittens I have here at the minute are so very clever and can problem solve situations, it's quite bizarre really :shock:

charliebubs
11-01-2008, 05:01 PM
They definitely are an intelligent breed, but as has been said.....there are always exceptions!! My two can't work out how the cat flap works and so I have to keep it sellotaped open :roll: They were out there the other day and the weather must have caused the sellotape to snap and they were stuck outside - only for a few minutes - as I sat inside laughing at them not being able to work out the concept of pushing the cat flap open :roll: :roll:

dandysmom
11-01-2008, 05:08 PM
But you can get a really bright moggy too! When I was little we had an old refrigerator that had a foot treadle, so you could open it if your hands were full. My old ginger tom used to watch mom; one night she heard a noise in the kitchen and there was Scamper with his hind foot on the treadle and his head inside investigating the contents!!

angieh
11-01-2008, 05:38 PM
??? Not true! Perfectly normal claws just like any other cat.What an odd observation. I've had moggies and pedigreed all my life, and my Siamese was definitely the smartest cat, with my Aby very closely behind him.
I like the Braun books too; have you read the Cats of Punchbowl Farm series?

They are able to retract their claws just like any other cats and yes, there are exception to every rule of course but they are extremely intelligent and trainable cats. The kittens I have here at the minute are so very clever and can problem solve situations, it's quite bizarre really :shock:

I am so glad to hear that they can retract their claws - it may be the person who told me had Siamese that were exceptions and it did put me off thinking too much about (perhaps) getting one!

Dandysmom - no, I had not heard about the Cats of Punchbowl Farm - but I'll look out for them! :D :D :D

Fran - I'd love to hear more about your problem-solving kittens - please !!!! :D :D :D

Grete
12-01-2008, 06:16 AM
Sorry, I am STILL laughing about Kay's Tate being busy talking to his poo ;) Just tickled me :)

Fran
12-01-2008, 08:58 AM
Fran - I'd love to hear more about your problem-solving kittens - please !!!! :D :D :D

Well one example is - the kittens are in a spare bedroom which we have converted to a kitten room. They have supervised outings out of the room and the door to the kitten room is always open with a big board to stop them getting out unsupervised. Well it didn't take them long to work out how to climb over the board, so hubby constructed a higher barrier using stiff cardboard to deter them. The cardboard sits on top of the board and it is high. So the kittens having realised it is now far too high for them to brave climbing over, worked out that if you jump on the original bit of board and push the edge of the cardboard in a certain place it moves and they can escape :roll: We were stumped as to how they were still getting out, so we sat and watched them and were really amazed that they had worked this out as it really was the very slightest weakness in the edge of the cardboard and the tiniest hole that they were squeezing through :shock: :-D

Jac
12-01-2008, 11:09 AM
:smt044 :smt044 :smt044 :smt044 Sorry Fran but that really tickled me. I can see the kittens in a huddle working out how to get out! So funny.

Kazz
12-01-2008, 11:24 AM
The great catscape.....:)

dandysmom
12-01-2008, 05:01 PM
Fran, I'm still laughing at that story! If there's a way, they will find it...:-D

angieh
12-01-2008, 05:11 PM
Clever kitties! Thanks Fran, a great story of ingenuity in the face of cardboard!!! Don't suppose you have just happened to get a picture???? How old are the kitties?

Fran
12-01-2008, 06:10 PM
Clever kitties! Thanks Fran, a great story of ingenuity in the face of cardboard!!! Don't suppose you have just happened to get a picture???? How old are the kitties?

I didn't get any photos, never thought :roll: I really wish I had though now! One litter of kittens are 10 weeks old today, the other litter will be 9 weeks old on Tuesday :D

angieh
13-01-2008, 01:11 AM
Goodness me! HOW MANY are there? Guess they'll be moving on to new homes soon???????

Fran
13-01-2008, 08:38 AM
Goodness me! HOW MANY are there? Guess they'll be moving on to new homes soon???????

There are 11 kittens in total. They'll be off to their new homes once they are fully vaccinated. The older litter have had their first vaccs and the younger litter will go for their first vaccs this coming week. It's certainly lively in our house right now!! :-D

Jac
13-01-2008, 11:14 AM
Fran, I'm glad it's you and not me. I'd be breaking my heart when they left:oops: