PDA

View Full Version : Big Kitty

Phil
07-01-2008, 01:46 AM
Just sorting through some old snaps and came accross this one of a white lion.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2320/2173786906_c0f4dacb70_o.jpg

dandysmom
07-01-2008, 03:00 AM
What a beauty she is! Lovely pic, Phil.

Phil
07-01-2008, 03:02 AM
The male was there too (sorry no picture) who was magnificent. At the time (not sure about the facts) they were 2 of 27 in the world.

dandysmom
07-01-2008, 03:14 AM
We had a white tiger, Mohini, here in our Zoo when I was in college; often used to take my bag lunch down there (only a few blocks away) and watch her...the most stunning pale blue eyes! White tigers are a lot commoner than lions; never seen one!

Phil
07-01-2008, 03:21 AM
I've seen a white tiger. Stunning animals - Tigers are my favourite animals although there's something special about leopards.

dandysmom
07-01-2008, 03:49 AM
We had a black leopard there too; if the light was right you could see the markings in her coat; otherwise she was just jet black. I love all the big cats........

Phil
07-01-2008, 04:05 AM
We (my wife, daughter and I) had a 'big cat sighting about 4 years ago at our local park.

Large balck cat walking through long grass about 25m from us.

It was behind a post and wire fence and the head and tail 'spanned' the distance between the posts which are 6 feet apart.

It just walked (shoulder blades rising and falling) before slinking off into the wheat field.

There's been numerous sightings before and since.

dandysmom
07-01-2008, 04:17 AM
Wow, weird! What could it have been? Too big to be a melanistic wildcat..

Phil
07-01-2008, 04:24 AM
Wow, weird! What could it have been? Too big to be a melanistic wildcat..

Here in Scotland we have the wildcat. It's a giant tabby but not not much more.

This was huge !

Other sightings (and ours) lean towards panther.

A lot of people used to keep these kind of cats in captivity and when the cost of keeping registered 'dangerous' animals rose, they turned them free.

There's a UK website which has loads of evidence - sighting accounts and kill pictures. A few from around our area.

I'll find the link...............

Animagus
07-01-2008, 04:33 AM
cool pic Phil.... i have never been lucky enuff to see a wildcat sight tho.... am in scotland too

Phil
07-01-2008, 04:41 AM
I wish I could remember the website that we sent our sighting to. It was a few years ago and I can't find it.

I remember it so well. It was our village Gala day and we were one of the last to leave the park.

Karen (my wife) just said "look at that" and i I did. The cat was just their - bold as brass.

Prior to that day i was very sceptical about these 'Big Cat' sightings. They seemed like the yeti or the Loch Ness monster.

Whan I saw this cat there was nothing spooky about it. It was quite simply a big cat. No spookier than one you would see in a zoo but just there - right in front of us.

I never felt spooked or scared - it just glanced at us and sloped off.

I told the tale in the pub that night. Despite most people thinking i was mad - a few local farmers just said "that bloody cat again"

Mags
07-01-2008, 02:01 PM
She's lovely Phil.....a real beauty! :D

Leo's Mummy !
09-01-2008, 05:38 PM
Just amazing.. beautiful :cat21