PDA

View Full Version : Flea bombs

RRR
06-01-2008, 06:56 PM
Hi all :D

We are still having problems with the dreaded fleas, they just wont go away. We have used the tablets that kill the fleas straight away (I cant remember the name of them now!) alongside frontline spot on and used Acclaim on the house but still they persist. This is the third time we've done the house and we've been using the frontline for a while now.

Someone before mentioned about flea bombs but I dont know anything about then, can anyone shed more light? Or share any tips to get rid of the horrid things!!

Thanks for any help :D and happy new year :D

Mags
06-01-2008, 07:53 PM
I've never had any occasion to use flea bombs but here's a link to them that may give you more information.....

http://www.petplanet.co.uk/product.asp?pf_id=6261&dept_id=302

smudgley
06-01-2008, 09:28 PM
Never used flea bombs, I don't know what they are, but I'll have a look at the link now.

I prefer frontline spray to the spot on personally.

Also do you comb the cats with a flea comb? you can comb the little blighters out, it's quite theraputic! I've seen some pretty gross flea infestations with some of the strays I have in, but with a good spray with frontline, then a comb... Bobs your uncle, so not sure why you can't get rid. Are we talking the odd flea, or do you have a huge problem? I think the odd flea is to be expected, but if there are several. I'm not sure what the answer is.

RRR
07-01-2008, 01:44 PM
Its not the odd flea but its not a huge infestation. We've seen a couple bouncing around the house. I do pick through and kill any I find on the cats but only with my hands, I shall buy a flea comb today and give that a go though.

smudgley
07-01-2008, 06:49 PM
Its not the odd flea but its not a huge infestation. We've seen a couple bouncing around the house. I do pick through and kill any I find on the cats but only with my hands, I shall buy a flea comb today and give that a go though.

Yes, get a flea comb & some frontline spray (take care not to use frontline spray too soon after you have treated them already) then spray them (I wouldn't advice you to do more sprays than advised by the manufacturer, but I do! ;) ) this will kill the fleas, or at least make them drousy, then you comb & comb & comb...sections at a time all over the cats. Make sure you pay particulartly attention around the base of the tail & the abdomen & especially the chest & the chin! You get all the little bighters!