PDA

View Full Version : House Move Update

yola
06-01-2008, 06:27 PM
Well, thought I'd just post a quickie as a couple of people have asked. We haven't had masses of interest due to it being Christmas, but all estate agents are now saying that people are looking, and also putting their houses on the market too. I'm a bit worried coz our neighbour who's in Amsterdam and who has been letting his house for the last 3 years is making noises about selling.

If he does, his house is in such a state that it will sell for far, far less than ours (+ he's sacrificed a bedroom in order to have an upstair bathroom). This will drag the price of ours down. So, if and when he does put his on, we'll probably take ours off until he sells.

Also, the house we were strongly interested in has come off the market for a few months until interest levels pick up again. So although we can't have it, nobody else can either!!!

babycakes
06-01-2008, 06:34 PM
I was thinking of your move the other day Yola and was meaning to ask. We had our last house on the market for a year and it turned out the estate agent wasn't doing enough to sell it (after all they have to come through the door to for you to do your bit don't they). Anyway I sent my mum in the shop to ask about houses in our area and that's how I found out, they didn't even give her our spec on the house to consider it so we changed estage agents. In the end our house sold through word of mouth. (have you thought to advertise as much as you can yourself? maybe somewhere you are local to hospitals are good.
Good news about the house your interrested in though not being available for others to view. Things will pick up in a few weeks.

Kazz
06-01-2008, 06:35 PM
Thats kinda a handful of good news and a handful of okay news nothing bad in it though :)

I don't know much about selling houses but imagine December?January are not the "main players" month wise in buying and selling. But imagine Spring brings about more people at least looking.

Best of luck Yola. When its the right time it will be the right time and fall into place.

charliebubs
06-01-2008, 07:32 PM
I hope it picks up for you Yola.

If you take your house off the market though - I think you would have to provide a HIP when you put it back on - which is an extra expense. :roll:

I think the property market is extra slow at the moment with all that has been going on with HIPs and interest rates etc. Spring does normally bring a "boom" so fingers crossed for you. :) :)

yola
06-01-2008, 08:09 PM
Charlie - we have already had a HIP done. I know you're 'in the business' so do you know how long a HIP is valid for? Is it only for a single sale?

The HIP is independently done rather that bound to the agent.

Being a listed house it's a bit of a waste of time (IMO) . . . they can't really suggest UPVC door and window replacement in our house (thankfully)!!

Jac
06-01-2008, 08:13 PM
Ive been wondering as well Yola. About your move that is. I'm glad the house you really liked hasn't been sold. At least you still stand a chance.

As for the house thats being rented out at the moment. When I sold my last house there was one about 4 doors up for sale as well. They only had 2 bedrooms and no loft conversion but I worried about it as the price was similar. The upshot was when people saw there house and mine they wanted mine and I got a fantastic price.

charliebubs
06-01-2008, 08:42 PM
Charlie - we have already had a HIP done. I know you're 'in the business' so do you know how long a HIP is valid for? Is it only for a single sale?

The HIP is independently done rather that bound to the agent.

Being a listed house it's a bit of a waste of time (IMO) . . . they can't really suggest UPVC door and window replacement in our house (thankfully)!!

Some aspects of the HIP - like the local search only have a life of 6 months, but there is no obligation to renew them so far as I know. The pack itself is valid for 12 months.

Unless they change the law.................again :roll: :roll: