PDA

View Full Version : bubbles pregnent ?

trudge1978
06-01-2008, 01:35 AM
hi there

took bubbles to the vet the other day to have her spayed only for her to be sent home again because guess what she's pregnent vet reckon she is due end of feb so watch this place

Phil
06-01-2008, 01:50 AM
Oops/ congrats ?

First and foremost - best wishes to Bubbles

kado
06-01-2008, 01:51 AM
Congradulations. Just seen a picture of her and she is realy cute. Let us all know how she gets on.

jane

Grete
06-01-2008, 08:42 AM
Awww sneaky girl :)

Hope everything goes well for her :)

babycakes
06-01-2008, 11:18 AM
Hope all goes ok with her

Elaine
06-01-2008, 11:22 AM
Could the vet not have still speyed her or did you want to let her have the kittens?

trudge1978
06-01-2008, 12:20 PM
i'm gonna let her have the kittens then hopefully get her spayed

smudgley
06-01-2008, 12:38 PM
How old is she?

trudge1978
06-01-2008, 01:02 PM
she is 4 years old she will be 5 in april

smudgley
06-01-2008, 01:34 PM
OK & how did the vet diagniose the pregnancy?

It is 8 weeks until the end of Feb. :?

trudge1978
06-01-2008, 02:23 PM
don't know they just told me she was

smudgley
06-01-2008, 03:52 PM
[quote=trudge1978;450664]don't know they just told me she was[/quote

Well they must be phychic then, as she's only one week into gestation according to my workings out & the best vet in the world isn't that clever. :roll:

Jac
06-01-2008, 04:13 PM

Well they must be phychic then, as she's only one week into gestation according to my workings out & the best vet in the world isn't that clever. :roll:

:smt044 :smt044 :smt044 Is this thread for real????

Elaine
06-01-2008, 04:31 PM
i'm gonna let her have the kittens then hopefully get her spayed

Can I ask why you'd want to let her have the kittens? Have you had her long and is there any reason why she hasnt been speyed before now?
I ask these questions because I feel so sorry for all the dear kitties that end up in rescues or living in colonies for what ever the reason but largly the reason is because people breed their cats indiscriminately and we are over populated by cats. There simply aren't enough homes for them all and rescues are over flowing.

dandysmom
06-01-2008, 05:21 PM

That does seem very odd, to say the least!

trudge1978
06-01-2008, 06:48 PM
I have had her since she was a baby and she was an indoor cat before we moved so never really thought about having her done
the vet just said that we would have some babies by the end of feb so he did not actually give me a date so i am expecting then anytime in feb can't be sure when he did say that he could feel them so as to how far on she is i don't know.
And as for my reason for letting her go ahead with having them is because i don't belive in killing them.
And anyway we have already said that if we cannot find them forever homes with people i know and trust then they will stay with us i do not believe in putting them in a shelter or placing them in home where they will not be loved and treated with repect.

And yes the thread is for really

Elaine
06-01-2008, 06:59 PM
If your vet could feel them, I would have thought they would be more likely to be due by the end of Jan.
Beleifs are like opinions to me, every one has one, its just that I am more of a realist, at least I like to think I am;) , especially with situations like these.
I am sorry if that offends but my beleif is to spey and neuter.

borderdawn
06-01-2008, 07:12 PM
I sugegst you go to a different Vet and ask them to spay the cat before its too late. You DO realise that the Cat she has mated with may be carrying lethal diseases that can kill her and her kittens?? Are your other Cats neutered?

charliebubs
06-01-2008, 07:24 PM
This can't be for real - I know that accidents happen - but 4 years old and never neutered!?!?!?!

Has she had kittens before?

If the vet has said that they can feel the kittens then she must be 6/7 weeks gone; meaning that they will be due in a couple of weeks. Is she producing milk?

borderdawn
06-01-2008, 07:40 PM
Not only that, an 18mth old male too!! Thats why I asked if the others were neutered.

charliebubs
06-01-2008, 07:59 PM
Not only that, an 18mth old male too!! Thats why I asked if the others were neutered.

Oh, I see. You're a step ahead of me Dawn!!! ;)

Jac
06-01-2008, 08:08 PM
I was going to ask about the 18month male but I guess the answer will be no. Lets face it if a female isn't spayed at 4 what are the chances of the little boy being neutered?

trudge1978
06-01-2008, 08:45 PM
for all of your information the 18 month old is neutered we took him in 6 months ago and he was already done and just for anyones information the 6 year old is spayed we took her in at the same time if anyone wants to know why they were rehomed then let me tell you I took them in because they were not wanted and had been dumped on a nieghbour of mine that does not like cats
as i have said before because she was a house cat i never thought about it and when the others came to live with us they had already been done so did'nt see that i needed to worries about it right away as she never came in to contact with any other cats
i respect your opions but i don't like being made out to not care about my animals she got pregent totally by accident and will be spayed when babies are old enough
this is the last you will here from me and about my cats as i will be leaving this site tonight as i came on here to find some friends and some support not i have to keep explaining myself
goodbye

charliebubs
06-01-2008, 08:49 PM
I'm sorry you feel that way Trudge. Please don't leave or take offence. We are all individuals with our own opinions and this forum is a place to voice them.

I, for one, have had an accidental litter of kittens and am therefore in no position to judge anyone. :)

I think you have now explained yourself very well :)

Soupie
06-01-2008, 08:53 PM
Trudge it's an unfortunate thing with online forums that people can jump to conclusions and can seem judgemental whether that be intentional or not :( Not everyone is skilled in being able to express an opinion without causing offence.

I hope the pregnancy goes safely and you can then get her speyed as you had originally planned. I would get a second opinion though on the kittening date so you can be fully prepared when they come - good luck.

Elaine
06-01-2008, 08:59 PM
Trudge, part of the problem with forums is that if a situation isnt presented with all the facts, people will ask questions in order to know exactly what the position is.
I dont think for a moment that you dont CARE about your cats.
We also CARE about your cats which is why we ask so many questions.

Az
07-01-2008, 01:08 AM
I think there were a couple of replies that went a bit too far in the assumption stakes, and I can totally understand Trudge being peed off. (And I'm sure she can see that people would naturally be a little miffed at an accidental mating taking place at all in the first place - as it's our duties as owners to _make sure_ these things don't happen).

As I have said many times before, I know people have strong opinions about accidental matings/carefree attitude toward breeding/byb/cross-breeding/etc/etc/etc but when you want to put your opinion across make sure you get ALL the facts first so you don't make yourself look like some have in this thread (quick to judge/bitchy/harsh/nasty).

trudge1978
07-01-2008, 01:53 AM
thanks for that AZ i will hang around for a bit longer to see how things go and yes i will keep you informed of how bubbles goes on i'n not to worry if she has them sooner rather than later cos as soon as i found out i went and brought everything i could think of that myself and bubbles might need she has A box in the front room behind the sofa ( as the woman at the pet shop said she would prob like to be somewhere out of site of people and quite i am now keeping here in the front room by day so as she can't get out and the other two are not allowed in there they have the rest of the house
so hopefully no matter when we are prepared for this if anyone can think of anything that i might of forgotten please let me know

she has

a box with nice soft vet bed in it
and plenty of spare vet bed
we have also been and brought kitten feeding equipment just in case
kitten food ( dry & wet ) - should i be letting bubbles have some of this
kitten milks
toys for when they are older
wormer and flea treatments for when they are old enough
can anyone think of anything else

sarahd
07-01-2008, 09:27 AM
Hi Trudge
The chances are Bubbles will get on with having her kittens peacefully and without problems but being on hand is never a bad thing.
It is a good thing to let bubbles eat kitten food and kitten biscuits as she will get a lot more nutrients from them than adult cat food which in turn will help when she is feeding the babies. I wouldn't give her kitten milk if she is not used to it right now as it could leave her open to the runs but if you feel she does need it try diluting it down to one part milk and four parts water that way it is less concentrated.
You say you have bought a kitten feeding kit and kitten milk is it the kitten milk you can buy in supermarkets? This sort of milk isn't sufficient for feeding newborn kittens if for any reason mum can't feed them. The best thing I have found to use is Cimicat but that is only available at the vets or large pet stores I believe. Try not to jump in too quickly with the hand feeding though as sometimes it just takes a while for instinct to kick in.
I would put her some newspaper under her vet bed as cats like to scratch things up before they give birth when they are nesting.
I think you are well prepared and covered for all eventualities so try not to worry. Just sit back and wait and Bubbles will do the rest. The chances are she will nip off sneakily and have her kittens when you least expect it and when you find her she will be accompanied by her new little family.
Keep us posted and look forward to seeing the pics and finding out how she does.

Sarah
x

Moofster
07-01-2008, 09:30 AM
I am sorry you have felt picked on - do stick around !
http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee230/phyllis_052/Hugs.gif

Grete
07-01-2008, 10:57 AM
With the best will in the world mistakes can and do happen and hindsight is always 20/20. It's what you do afterwards that counts and making sure that both mum and kittens are safe and healthy - which is what Trudge is trying to do.

I am actually quite shocked at some of the comments made in this thread to be honest and I don't blame Trudge for feeling picked on.

I'm sorry you were greeted like that Trudge, we'd love for you to stick around and hear how Bubbles gets on - it is a great place honestly, we've just had some trouble with trolls and I think some are a little quick to assume it might be starting up again.

Claws back in if you please girls ;)

tilly
07-01-2008, 01:42 PM
HI nice to hear from you and I hope you will stick around. Everyone makes mistakes and it sound like you have got it all sorted and the kitten will have a good home.

Keep us posted and I look forward to heaing about bubbles and the rest of your gang

Sally

Jac
07-01-2008, 02:18 PM
I'm sorry you felt you were being picked on. We really are a nice bunch.
I think the confusion came about when you firstly said Bubbles was a week gone. Then you said the Vet could feel the kittens. A little bit of confliction there.
As someone else has said we have had a problem with Trolls and people jumped to the conclusion that you were one too. Myself included. I'm sorry.
I think if you had given more information about your cats it may have been a different story.
We are a mixed bunch with a few of our members working with cat rescues. We see unwanted kittens and cats on a regular basis and some of them have had horrid life's. I hope you understand that feelings do run high.
All that said I wish Bubbles a trouble free birth and lovely babies at the end of it. Good luck.

Mags
07-01-2008, 03:07 PM
I'm pleased you've decided to give Catsey another chance Trudge and happy that you are well organised for Bubbles and the birth of her kittens.

If you have any questions to ask or are concerned about anything, please don't hesitate to ask ........ there are many people here who would willingly offer you advice.

Keep us posted please as we would like to know how Bubbles is getting on..:D

smudgley
07-01-2008, 06:19 PM
Quote Jac -I think the confusion came about when you firstly said Bubbles was a week gone.

Jac - Just to be clear, I don't think she did say that, I said if she is due the end of Feb as advised by the vet, then she must be a week gone & pregnancy can't be detected at a week gone. But it seems that the vet said the kittens should be here by the end of Feb, so it's anyones guess how far gone she is.

Trudge - Noone thinks you are a bad owner, or don't love your animals. Just that lots of people seem to ask questions about pregnant cats due to the amount of unwanted ones (not sying yours are unwanted) but when you see how many are unwanted it makes you want to do your best to encourage neutering in any cats that are not being bred from.

Glad you are staying.

trudge1978
15-04-2008, 04:21 PM
hi everyone sorry not been around for a while not had a computer.
Bubbles had 4 healthy babies on the 2nd feb we had 2 tortie girls and 2 ginger boys all have gone to live with very good friends of mine the to boys are living together about 10mins away from me so i will get to see them a lot and the girls have got to seperate home one is a couple of miles away and the other has gone to live in berkshire with a friend i have known since school they all left here just over a week ago now and bubbles is doing fine not missing them at all (i thought she would ) she is booked in at the vets for tomorrow morning to be spayed

dandysmom
15-04-2008, 04:35 PM
Thanks so much for the update! Glad to hear all went well and the kittens have good homes. Bubbles must be relieved that it's all over...

Kay
15-04-2008, 10:04 PM
Glad everything went well and the babies have lovely homes. Let us know how Bubbles gets on tomorrow.

Have you any pics of the babies?

charliebubs
16-04-2008, 01:26 PM
Hi Trudge,
Glad all went well with the babies and that Bubbles is happy and healthy. It would be lovely to see some photos of the babies if you have any.
Thanks for coming on to update us.

trudge1978
16-04-2008, 01:32 PM
hi all

just had phone call from vet to say all went well with bubble's spay and that i can pick her up in a couple of hours sorry don't have any pic's of the babies did'nt have a computer to put them on to at the time so did'nt bother taking any

angieh
16-04-2008, 01:33 PM
Hi - so glad to hear that Bubble's spay went well and you are going to bring her home this afternoon. Sorry there are no pictures of the babies!

babycakes
16-04-2008, 07:09 PM
Glad she is doing well after the spey

dandysmom
16-04-2008, 07:47 PM
Good news! Thanks for the update !