PDA

View Full Version : Short-Haired Cat Society today with piccies

Soupie
05-01-2008, 11:13 PM
I do like this only travelling 10-15 minutes to a show - was home at 5.15pm ;) . Good day but very tired now even though was sat down on the club stall for most of the day - my first show without a helper doing everything since my surgery :oops:

Quando

Quando was only entered for BOB consideration in the open Selkirk Neuter class and Mister F beat him to this. I have to say that Quando has completely dropped his coat and has barely any curl at all at the moment so this was completely justified

He then got 2 thirds and 1 fourth in his 3 side/club classes The most impressive of which was his fourth place out of nine in the AC Senior British Neuter as he was against titled mature British Shorthair neutered cats over 2 years old and most were considerably older and BIGGER than him. So for Quando to place against the quality of cats in this class considering he has dropped his coat and looks far from his best was a wonderful achievement and I am incredibly proud of him :D ! His previous owner was also there and really pleased with how he has matured so glad she is happy with the home I have given him.

Mister Fantastic

My second little man did both his breeder and me proud on his first adult show being old enough for this class by just two days. He got his first Intermediate Certificate, First Open and beat Quando to the Best of Breed - judge loved his type. He also did great in his side classes taking two more first places but missing out in the final side class and that elusive Red Card Day to a strong line up of Junior British Neuters - again many of whom were titled cats so really pleased with him too! His breeder also bought him a lovely speciality rosette from a stall in purple and silver with "Congratulations" on it ;)

All in all a fab day for my awesome twosome - some piccies my mate took which she has done in an "arty" style which make the boys look rather distinguished

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v227/kingswood/Cats/Q2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v227/kingswood/Cats/MrF.jpg

Lovely to meet Kay there who has some wonderful news of her own to share when she gets home - long journey for her! Great venue put on by the 3 clubs sharing a home for their shows - well ,managed and lovely close parking with lots of space for the cats and visitors to view them :cool:

Soupie

Mags
06-01-2008, 03:14 AM
Congratulations on your success with your boys at the Show, Soupie!:D

The photos of them are stunning, I really like the B & W touch...:)

Grete
06-01-2008, 08:29 AM
Congratulations Soupie!

And of course to Quando and Mister F!

babycakes
06-01-2008, 11:21 AM
Aww how lovely and congratulations

yola
06-01-2008, 12:28 PM
Well done to you and the kitties!! The photographs are superb also :D

Kazz
06-01-2008, 12:37 PM
Congratulations.....well done to you and WHAT news can Kay have to share????/ I ask desperate for Kitten information. But surely it can't be Kay and a Siamese can it....???????????

Soupie
06-01-2008, 01:15 PM
Congratulations.....well done to you and WHAT news can Kay have to share????/ I ask desperate for Kitten information. But surely it can't be Kay and a Siamese can it....???????????

No strictly show news and not Siamese but I'm not spoiling it!

alexgirl73
06-01-2008, 01:19 PM
Ok its not Kay then!!

Lovely pics Soupie, and well done to the boys!

Kazz
06-01-2008, 01:20 PM
Thank you Soupie...any chance of getting them to pop on and impart some information???

Jac
06-01-2008, 04:29 PM
Well done and Congratulations.

charliebubs
06-01-2008, 07:36 PM
Well done Soupie!!!! :) Big congratulations to your furbabes. :)

Soupie
07-01-2008, 02:26 PM
Thank you everyone!

Here's my fave pic from the day of the newbie

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v227/kingswood/Cats/?action=view&current=CATS2.jpg

Hope the link works!

Mags
07-01-2008, 02:49 PM
What a lovely pic Soupie .....one to be proud of!:D

Kay
09-01-2008, 08:58 PM
Well done Sarah. The pics are lovely. No wonder you are really proud of them both. Where are you going to go next?

Soupie
09-01-2008, 09:56 PM

We are packing the shows in at the moment as longhairs tend to lose coats over summer so at the Notts & Derby a week saturday and then Croydon and Cov & Leic in Feb, Rex show in April then a break until the Kensington on July unless I am swayed to do any TICA showing ;)

Kay
09-01-2008, 10:01 PM
I will see you at the Notts and Derby and the Cov & Leicester as we are going to both those as well.

Soupie
09-01-2008, 10:02 PM
Oh wonderful! I shall look out for you and lurk with intent around the Persians :lol:

Moli
09-01-2008, 10:53 PM
Many congratulations, your boys are just gorgeous....

Grete
10-01-2008, 07:38 AM
Notts and Derby is where I am! Could I have some details and promise of cuddles? (from the cats I mean :mrgreen:)

Kay
10-01-2008, 09:56 PM
Notts and Derby is where I am! Could I have some details and promise of cuddles? (from the cats I mean :mrgreen:)

Grete it is at the Harvey Hadden Leisure Centre a week on Saturday, the 19th Feb. The public are usually allowed in around 12.00-12.30. If you give me a pm we could arrange a meeting time. It would be great to meet up.

Soupie
10-01-2008, 10:32 PM
Agree Kay a meet up would be good! Grete you are welcome to have a cuddle with Mister F he is a little cuddle whore - grabbing them off anyone who will oblige :D

borderdawn
10-01-2008, 11:15 PM
Well done Soupie!

Grete
10-01-2008, 11:38 PM
Grete it is at the Harvey Hadden Leisure Centre a week on Saturday, the 19th Feb. The public are usually allowed in around 12.00-12.30. If you give me a pm we could arrange a meeting time. It would be great to meet up.

Oh that sounds fantastic! I know where Bilborough is too :)

Sending you a PM :)

Grete
10-01-2008, 11:39 PM
Agree Kay a meet up would be good! Grete you are welcome to have a cuddle with Mister F he is a little cuddle whore - grabbing them off anyone who will oblige :D

Woohoo :) I can't wait!

dandysmom
10-01-2008, 11:51 PM
Congratulations Soupie and your boys, well done! Lovely pics. And how nice Grete that you'll be able to go and meet everyone, lucky you!!