PDA

View Full Version : had the fright of my life today

CathyW
04-01-2008, 06:15 PM
i was around a friends place,havnt seen her for ages.and i forgot about her *pet*
we was sitting at the kitchen table when her OH came in with the *pet* around his neck, a darn snake, i ran :oops: made me jump my poor heart was going bumpty bump. had to use my angina spray. i dont like snakes at all. and that wasnt even a big one. think i would of fainted if it had been bigger.:shock:
maybe ill get used to it,in time, but not at the moment eh???
just glad they dont keep spiders as well.

Jac
04-01-2008, 06:40 PM
Oh what a fright you must have got. Shame the hubby didn't think to warn you. When we had the snake it was never out if we had people in unless they asked to see it out!

alexgirl73
04-01-2008, 06:40 PM
Poor, poor you Cath!! I'd have been out of there as fast as my legs could have taken me! I'm utterly phobic about the things. I couldn't even go in to my friends house after they got a snake, never mind be in the same room (shudder)

Kazz
04-01-2008, 06:44 PM
They say a shock a day keeps the Doctor away.....thats yours for the Month.

I bet he never thought. Glad you're okay though,

Elaine
04-01-2008, 08:40 PM
I would have messed my pants, honestly I would.
Really feel for you with that one.

babycakes
04-01-2008, 09:20 PM
It was a bit irresponible to not have told you it was out the cage it's not an unusual phobia after all is it?? You may get used to it over time when its in the cage and allowing yourself to get closer to the cage each time and building up your distance.

dandysmom
04-01-2008, 09:56 PM
Poor you! I like snakes, but I know how I'd feel if someone came out with a tarantula on his shoulder! Heart attack!!!

Grete
05-01-2008, 11:49 AM
Awww I feel for you :( I don't mind snakes but spiders EEEEEK. I think it was a bit mean not to warn you first and ask if you were ok if it's in the same room as you. I doubt any harm was intended tho :)

Glad you are OK!

angieh
05-01-2008, 05:44 PM
Poor you! I like snakes, but I know how I'd feel if someone came out with a tarantula on his shoulder! Heart attack!!!

Awww I feel for you :( I don't mind snakes but spiders EEEEEK. I think it was a bit mean not to warn you first and ask if you were ok if it's in the same room as you. I doubt any harm was intended tho :)

Glad you are OK!

I'm with these gals! I'd treat a snake with respect but a SPIDER.............. even typing the word makes me go shivery!

dandysmom
05-01-2008, 05:57 PM
I'm with these gals! I'd treat a snake with respect but a SPIDER.............. even typing the word makes me go shivery!

:-D Welcome to the Arachniphobia club! Erin's a member too .......

Grete
06-01-2008, 10:22 AM
Hehe I've discovered Fizz is an expert spider hunter! If I see one, I just have to point her at it and she's on the case!

babycakes
06-01-2008, 10:53 AM
Hehe I've discovered Fizz is an expert spider hunter! If I see one, I just have to point her at it and she's on the case!
Fizz would do anything you ask her though!:D

dandysmom
06-01-2008, 04:51 PM

Wow! Does she have her passport; I'd love to have her come visit!!!! :-D