PDA

View Full Version : What makes your cat unique??

babycakes
04-01-2008, 05:29 PM
As we all know cats have many things in common but what is it about each of your cats that makes them 'them'.

For me Denis pats my mouth gently with his paw when I talk to him.

(previous cats: Tinker used to grab my dad, and only him, by the ankles when he was carrying food in the hope that he would drop it. Tigger used my face as a cushion. Ginger used to lick polos and run mad around the room as if he was on fire. Fluffly used to sit on your knee but you weren't allowed to stroke him at all.

Donna
04-01-2008, 05:35 PM
Misty is special because she is really quite simple and Chloe is special because she loves pawing all over you when you are sitting on the sofa - a real lap cat!

Kazz
04-01-2008, 05:48 PM
Me...If they belonged to anyone else they would not have the characters they did. I am what make them Unique and they make me Unique.

Karen

alexgirl73
04-01-2008, 06:09 PM
Broxi is a big fluffy tart who will walk all over whoever comes into the house, then lie on his back for a tummy tickle lol. Cooper will not let anyone but my daughter Raechel pick him up without squealing and Teddie?? Well, what can I say, she is unique because of all her struggles to survive and she's mummys Princess lol.

babycakes
04-01-2008, 06:45 PM
Me...If they belonged to anyone else they would not have the characters they did. I am what make them Unique and they make me Unique.

Karen

Good point Karen, ;) but what do each of them do that the others don't, what charecteristic do they have that makes them different

Kazz
04-01-2008, 06:58 PM
Sorry can't think about that. I am looking forward not backwards...

Mags
04-01-2008, 07:05 PM
If I'm watching TV, Cassie will come and lie on my lap lengthwise with her head almost under my chin. If I stop giving her tickles behind her ears, her paw always comes up and gently rests on my chin ......... I love the feel of her soft pads on me...:D

Moli
04-01-2008, 07:26 PM
Merlin follow me around, if I am in the bath he sits and talks to me, when I am drying my hair he sits and watches, and in the evening he sits beside me with his head in m y lap...
Oliver climbs up my legs when he wants a cuddle..

babycakes
04-01-2008, 08:06 PM
Heartfelt appologies to you Karen and Sorry to have upset you it wasn't meant X

Moofster
04-01-2008, 09:28 PM
Miss Moofi has a little wooden ladybird that she knocks onto the floor to get attention when she either wants to go out or fancies some biscuits :smt049

Pepsi reaches her paw out to you when she wants some loving :smt049

Dino, bless him is a bit slow on the uptake, so that makes him kinda special :smt049

and Tink is still developing his character, he's our baby at 1yr old :smt049

Soupie
04-01-2008, 09:46 PM
Every cat is unique as they are all individuals but mine do have some lovely ways about them ;)

I love the way Pousse is such a stroppy baggage but when she wants love she turns those big oriental shaped eyes on you and just looks so appealing you have to give in even if she has just sworn at you for England :lol:

Quando is my baby boy - he looks like Pepe Le Peu when he boings around and does all sorts of moves which look like cartoon cat moves :)

Mister F is the soppy one who follows me round and when I sit at the computer yips at me as if to say "coming up" as he jumps on my lap.

dandysmom
04-01-2008, 11:40 PM
Leia will answer when I'm looking for her. If she hasn't come up to bed with me I come downstairs when I'm ready to turn off the TV, get her and go to sleep; there is only the hall light on downstairs, she is hard to see, and I am quite nearsighted. So, I l keep looking and saying "Where's Leia?" as I go from room to room, and she will always answer with a special little mew that she never uses any other time. Maybe not so remarkable, but I think it's sweet; none of my other cats have ever done that.

Elaine
05-01-2008, 12:05 AM
Eva always give such plaintive noises, a bit like a small child when they start asking why all the time except she always says what sounds a little like, no and out. She also claims me as hers by pinning me either to the bed or to the computer chair.:shock:

Bernie always acknowledges me by this upward kind of nod and a slow sexy blink, and likes to hump my feet when i go to bed:shock:

CathyW
05-01-2008, 09:34 AM
ronnies looks are unique he has amber eyes but ones a different amber to another.he comes up on my lap and is straight on his bag, legs in the air and waits for a nipple tickle. and he chats away while i stroke him.
reggie climbs up and sleeps on my chest at night, or he curls up next to me in bed and holds my finger with his paw.

babycakes
05-01-2008, 05:05 PM
This has been lovely to read everyone's is so special to them rather than just being a 'cat thing'. I can just imagine each of your cats doing those things X

Grete
06-01-2008, 10:32 AM
It has been great reading about all the different personalities :)

Bubbles is a 'on her own terms' cat - play, food, fuss all happens when she is ready and not a moment before ;) She tarts for england too, rolling around on her back, daring you to tickle her tummy so she can grab you with all 4 paws ;)

Fizz is just an explosion of fuss ;) She is my shadow and comments constantly with chirps and mews, she talks back to you :) She has to be either on me or near me and she gets upset if she is asleep and I leave the room, she runs around mewing until I call her and then she rushes to me, bringing her fish on a stick lol. I think she is part labrador ;)

catsmum
06-01-2008, 06:07 PM
I liked this question lots :p All my cats have their own little thing that makes them unique.

Jefferson - well he loves to dig into my pit when he snuggles down for the evening. He follows me everywhere and when he settled on me he will wrap a paw around my arm or my wrist and he grips it tightly and throws his head up and looks right at me - I would almost swear that is his way of saying "i love you mum"

Willow - well she is sleek and black and just appears in tiny spaces between you and the sofa almost as if she teleports her way around the house, you never see her coming or hear her :lol:

Gabrielle - she only likes to sit or stand on firm things. She comes to you for fusses on her terms. The way she chummers for her sister Xena too is unlike how she communicates with the other cats.

Xena - well being a tortie she is unique!!!! :lol: :lol: She chunners and is very vocal but her little faux pas is biting her nails. As indoor cats we clip their claws to keep them a nice length but no not Xena she likes to sit and chew hers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Elsa - she gets right in your face for smooches :-P Great for me I love it but my poor husband finds the fur sticking to his stubble a bit annoying :lol: :lol:

babycakes
06-01-2008, 06:13 PM
I liked this question lots :p All my cats have their own little thing that makes them unique.

Jefferson - well he loves to dig into my pit when he snuggles down for the evening. He follows me everywhere and when he settled on me he will wrap a paw around my arm or my wrist and he grips it tightly and throws his head up and looks right at me - I would almost swear that is his way of saying "i love you mum"

Willow - well she is sleek and black and just appears in tiny spaces between you and the sofa almost as if she teleports her way around the house, you never see her coming or hear her :lol:
Gabrielle - she only likes to sit or stand on firm things. She comes to you for fusses on her terms. The way she chummers for her sister Xena too is unlike how she communicates with the other cats.

Xena - well being a tortie she is unique!!!! :lol: :lol: She chunners and is very vocal but her little faux pas is biting her nails. As indoor cats we clip their claws to keep them a nice length but no not Xena she likes to sit and chew hers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Elsa - she gets right in your face for smooches :-P Great for me I love it but my poor husband finds the fur sticking to his stubble a bit annoying :lol: :lol:

Ha I could just imagine you wondering where Willow will pop up next

catsmum
06-01-2008, 06:15 PM
with her sleek blackness it is a real cloaking device for her :) :)

babycakes
06-01-2008, 06:16 PM
Like Harry Potter

Kim
06-01-2008, 06:17 PM
Sidney - lots. As he is disabled and his front paws do not work very well, he very often stands like a meercat. He also lies on the floor, often in the middle of the room - on his back, legs spread out!!!

Misty, he is the noisy one, very demanding and always meowing.

Sasha, she is so loving, always purring, such a good natured cat. The ideal stress reliever!

Rosie, she pats you with her paw when you stop stroking her!

babycakes
06-01-2008, 06:20 PM
Sidney - lots. As he is disabled and his front paws do not work very well, he very often stands like a meercat. He also lies on the floor, often in the middle of the room - on his back, legs spread out!!!

Misty, he is the noisy one, very demanding and always meowing.

Sasha, she is so loving, always purring, such a good natured cat. The ideal stress reliever!

Rosie, she pats you with her paw when you stop stroking her!
They all sound gorgeous but isn't that dead sweet. Denis bites you when he's had enough:D