PDA

View Full Version : beating the alarm clock

pleasehelp
04-01-2008, 10:26 AM
as some of you know I am a new cat owner having adopted a little stray a few months ago.

Frankie never ceases to make me laugh - his new trick is this

I set my alarm clock radio to come on every morning for 7 am for work - I also set my mobile phone just in case there is a powercut at night and the clock radio clicks off. Frankie wanders up into our room around 6.30 in the mornings - he puts on the most sorrowful little cries for us to get up (we do have to laugh under the duvet). When he doesn't get any satisfaction he jumps up on the windowsill and knocks down my mobile phone. I think he might think that once the phone makes a noise we get up so he tries to get it to ring.

this morning he saw snow for the first time. I put him out at 7 a.m. because he was looking out the door and crying. He ran off. At 7.20 it started snowing. I was a bit worried so after getting ready for work I opened the door and call to him He was up in a tree and once he heard me he ran like the clappers of hell into the house - I think he still might be staring out the window at the white stuff.

He has so many different tones to his talk now its hard to figure them out, but the morning ones are the funniest. :-D

Jac
04-01-2008, 12:09 PM
And they say cats are stupid!!!!

That made me laugh. Ican just see him trying to make the phone ring:lol:

alexgirl73
04-01-2008, 12:45 PM
lol, not a fan of the white stuff then!

Mags
04-01-2008, 12:54 PM
He does sound fun!! :lol:

yola
04-01-2008, 01:44 PM
Wow - sounds like you're getting hours of amusement from little Frankie! What a character, I love the phone trick :D

babycakes
04-01-2008, 04:54 PM
Frankie sounds like he is making a great impact in your household. I love his name too (any photos?). Denis loves to knock things off if he feels he isn't getting any attention no matter what room we are in. He will stand on the table in the living room, look at us then knock things off one by one looking back at us to see if there has been any effect

PoshPuss
05-01-2008, 12:56 PM
Frankie sounds like a great playmate. Such a character!

Grete
06-01-2008, 10:51 AM
Frankie sounds like he is making a great impact in your household. I love his name too (any photos?). Denis loves to knock things off if he feels he isn't getting any attention no matter what room we are in. He will stand on the table in the living room, look at us then knock things off one by one looking back at us to see if there has been any effect

Hahah Bubbles does exactly the same BC :) Sometimes she doesn't even bother to look at what she's knocking, just stares at us ;)

Frankie sounds adorable - that plaintive 'WHY won't anyone feed me or play with me I'm looooonely' wail just makes me laugh :-D

babycakes
06-01-2008, 10:52 AM
Hahah Bubbles does exactly the same BC :) Sometimes she doesn't even bother to look at what she's knocking, just stares at us ;)

Frankie sounds adorable - that plaintive 'WHY won't anyone feed me or play with me I'm looooonely' wail just makes me laugh :-D

I thought you had said that before X they are funny arn't they

pleasehelp
07-01-2008, 03:40 PM
yes he is hilarious. That pitiful cry in the morning is so funny - he sounds really sad like a small child with the sorrowful sobs - he's an actor for sure. Over the last few days now when he jumps up to knock the phone I grab it just before he gets to it because I'm afraid now it will break with all the knocks it has taken. He gives me a look and then jumps up to where my head is on the pillow and runs down under the duvet along my legs and out the other end of the bed. The first time he did it I squealed - the sensation was weird, but now its an everyday occurence. once he hears me laughing he knows he has won.

I can't post any pictures of him because I don't have the technology to do it, but he is basically a tiger cat with lovely markings. His belly and chest is pure white except for one band of "tiger markings" going across the middle of his belly and four little white boots but the rest of him is tiger, so it looks like he has on a tiger coat that is tied under his belly. He has a perfect round black circle with a triangle in black on each side of him as well.

I think he has lived in this world before. :shock:

pleasehelp
07-01-2008, 03:45 PM
oh one more funny thing ( maybe this is all normal stuff but its new to me as I never had a cat before).

sometimes when he is asleep he will roll over on his back with his two paws in the air bent at the "wrists" but the two legs make me laugh - he crosses them at the ankles and if he didn't have fur he would actually look human. I have to say we get great laughs out of him

I think my man (who insists he is not a cat person) has actuall regressed ten years they way he plays with Frankie and he laughs out loud a lot more with Frankie than he does with me now - should I be scared :twisted: