PDA

View Full Version : Weeing in plant pots.

ellenlouise
02-01-2008, 08:09 PM
My cats have started weeing in the plant pots at home and it smells awful. We have thrown away all the plant and pots well put them in garage. How would I stop this behaviour if I brought new plants.:shock:

alexgirl73
02-01-2008, 08:12 PM
Someone I know had this problem, solved it by getting large pebbles and putting them on top of the soil!

Mags
02-01-2008, 08:15 PM
You could also put orange peel on top the soil..... cats hate citrus smells :)

Tink
02-01-2008, 08:50 PM
lava rocks worked well for me and look quite nice.

dandysmom
02-01-2008, 11:53 PM
Agree that the above work; also you could try pine cones; they hate standing on those!

Grete
03-01-2008, 07:09 AM
Interesting problem! I have no solution but could they be asking for softer litter maybe? If they do their business in the garden too, they might associate plant soil with their place in the garden.

Kim
03-01-2008, 09:49 PM
Do they use a litter tray? My guess is probably not and that they are possibly finding it hard to dig the soil in the garden at the moment, may be too cold for them too!!! Many years ago one of my cats did this, so I just provided her with a litter tray (she usually went outside) that solved the problem. If you don't want a tray in the house, not sure what to suggest.

ellenlouise
03-01-2008, 10:31 PM
They have two trays in the house. At the moment problem solved that the plants have gone so no weeing. I think its because litter trays are upset and they are to lazy to go upstairs. Hope problem is now solved will keep updated. They do go outside though and I have noticed an increased amounth of dirty litter in trays so maybe the cold weather is just putting them off going outside. They are getting fat to so are on strict diet like me after xmas he he

Thankyou once again for all your advice.