PDA

View Full Version : Pootle

Elaine
02-01-2008, 05:52 PM
Pootle has a very lovely nature, its obvious she has had a loving home at some point, she likes a fuss and likes her food. She is not afraid of Keiran, Emma's 3 yr old. She doesnt look it from the pictures but you can feel all her bones. She's still a little wobbly on her hind legs. She doesnt look near as bad now that Emma has groomed her but you can tell by her coat colour that she needs some good nuitrition. Emma may be joining up later so I'll leave you with these piccies and she can keep you updated once she signs up.
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a398/ElainePirie/HPIM0845.jpg
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a398/ElainePirie/HPIM0844.jpg
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a398/ElainePirie/HPIM0843.jpg
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a398/ElainePirie/HPIM0841.jpg
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a398/ElainePirie/HPIM0840.jpg

Erin
02-01-2008, 05:56 PM
omg she is so gorgeous,she really looks likeshe has settled in well :D

Moofster
02-01-2008, 05:58 PM
awww she is a darling, she'll soon be looking all shiny and filling out !!
Great to hear Emma might be joining us :smt023

Elaine
02-01-2008, 05:59 PM
She spends alot of time under Emma's bed and ventures downstairs for food etc. Emma takes her into the lounge in the evening for and hour or so and has been grooming her, which she seems to like.
At night Pootle sleeps in the lounge and has access to the kitchen for her food/water and litter box.
I am told she doesnt make a sound all night long.

Jac
02-01-2008, 06:00 PM
She is going to be one stunning Pootle when she gets some weight on.
Well done Elaine in getting her a great home.

alexgirl73
02-01-2008, 06:09 PM
oh she is beautiful!!! Once she's got some weight on her and had time to recover she is going to be stunning. Lucky Emma!

yola
02-01-2008, 06:16 PM
What a beauty!!! Pootle has landed on her feet finding Emma and her family (via yourself of course).

Elaine
02-01-2008, 06:17 PM
I know, I'm of half a mind to drop Eva off at Emma's and take Pootle back:lol:

alexgirl73
02-01-2008, 06:19 PM
Like that would happen!!!

babycakes
02-01-2008, 06:21 PM
Pootle is gorgeous Elaine. I'm looking forward to watching what she will look like when recovered.

Elaine
02-01-2008, 06:22 PM
It was Emma that persuaded me to get Eva, so she does have alot to answer for:lol: :lol: :lol:

angieh
02-01-2008, 06:28 PM
Apart from her physical condition, Pootle seems to be a well adjusted cat and must have had a loving owner. Can you tell me what you generally do to try and trace any such owner? In this case, I would suspect perhaps someone who has moved or died - I know it's very hard to get any definite idea.

Elaine
02-01-2008, 06:43 PM
Due to the time of year, the weather and her condition, I felt it was best to just get her checked by a vet and placed somewhere that she would be looked after. I am not in the habbit of catnapping for no good reason. She had no collar and no microchip.
I will however contact the cpl to see if anyone has reported a cat of her description missing. I was told to contact the SSPCA but given that my vet said she has a heart murmer, fluid in her abdomin, arthritis and is old. I was afraid they would just have her PTS. Myself and my vet felt she deserved a chance. I also need to talk with the people who own the house that i was pet sitting at, where she was found, to see if they have any knowledge of her.
Sadly though this area is pretty notorious for homeless, abandoned and feral cats.
Last year i had a very pretty young cat living in my cellar, I fed her, put up posters, contacted CPL, local vets etc. I took her to my vets to have her checked for a micro chip, she didnt have one, she did have a collar but no id barrel on it. Since Eva wouldnt allow her to come into my house, my vet handed her over to the CPL. I hope she found a loving forever home but I will never know.
Pootle will have a very loving and caring home with Emma, should no owner or info be found. Judging by the state of her though, she has been out doors for quite some time.

Mags
02-01-2008, 07:00 PM
It's heartwarming to know that Emma, with your help Elaine, has taken Pootle in and given her the love, care and shelter she so badly needs at this time of the year..:)

Elaine
02-01-2008, 09:32 PM
Thanx every one, she is stunning and she is in good hands.;)

dandysmom
02-01-2008, 10:06 PM
She is lovely, and what beautiful eyes! She's going to be a stunner when she fills out, as I know she will with Emma's care; you must be feeling so very good at what you did, as well you should!

angieh
02-01-2008, 10:16 PM
I am not in the habbit of catnapping for no good reason.......... Judging by the state of her though, she has been out doors for quite some time.

Elaine, I was in no way suggesting that you catnapped her at all! Just really wanted to know how you might go about trying to trace an owner, not necessarily this particular cat's. Poor darling, she is so lucky to have found you at all especially before this cold snap that they are forecasting.

I haven't offended you, have I?

:oops: :oops: :oops: :( :( :(

Elaine
02-01-2008, 10:21 PM
No Angie, I am not offended. Just felt that as i had whisked her off the way I did, it may have seemed to some that I took it upon myself to take what may not be mine to take, but I couldnt leave her in the state she was in.
Here i go justifying myself again:lol:
I feel confident that I have done her a good turn, we may never find out what happened to leave her in the predicament she was in but best not to dwell on such things because she wont be.;)

Grete
03-01-2008, 07:35 AM
Awww she's lovely, poor Pootle :(

I think she will be stunning when she has filled out :)

Love the name too :)

Elaine
03-01-2008, 09:26 PM
I spoke with the people who's house Pootle was found, she has been hanging around there for several weeks. The couple had contacted CPL and had put some posters up but heard nothing. They had been feeding her when they saw her and were very pleased that i had found her a nice home.
They also asked if I had met the other strays:shock: a ginger tom and a kitten:? poor babies.

yola
03-01-2008, 11:16 PM
Good lord, I hope you're not setting yourself up to be the resident soft touch (no offence) for strays in that area.

Sounds like some serious education is needed. What about a session in the local community centre (encouraged by some biccies and beer) to get the locals bought into the idea of keeping an eye out for strays and not adding to the population by spay/neuter.

However, if there are cats/kittens in need of help surely CP or other local, independent cat charities should be made aware?

angieh
03-01-2008, 11:25 PM
Oh dear Elaine - more poor wee mites needing to be cared for. Will you go looking for them or pass the new to RSPCA or CPL?

Elaine
03-01-2008, 11:30 PM
I'm not sure what to do really as the couple feeding these stray are moving out of Aberdeen soon.
I think I may talk with them and ask them to make CPL etc aware of them.

Elaine
06-01-2008, 10:16 PM
Come on Emma, we are awaiting updates and piccies of the beautiful Pootle.:D

emmagc
06-01-2008, 11:22 PM
Hi All

Here is a little update on Pootle! She is such a sweetie for the first couple of nights she slept upstairs under the bed:) Now she comes down every evening for cuddles and combing and finally I have managed to remove all the horrid matts that were in her poor fur, she looks so much happier for it ! Last night was the first time she played, and she loves chasing things! I am soooooooooooo thrilled she is with us she is such a sweetie !

http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh33/emmagc74/Picture010.jpg

Elaine
06-01-2008, 11:24 PM
Aww bless her, she looks so much better now doesnt she.

Erin
06-01-2008, 11:24 PM
awwww look at her,she is such a cutie Emma :D

and can i add you son is a little cutie too :-D

emmagc
06-01-2008, 11:27 PM
and some more..........
http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh33/emmagc74/Picture008.jpg

http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh33/emmagc74/Picture005.jpg[/IMG]

emmagc
06-01-2008, 11:28 PM
one more for today! what a proud mummy I am !! hahahttp://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh33/emmagc74/Picture001.jpg

Erin
06-01-2008, 11:29 PM
awww she gorgeous,i love that first pic,so cute :D

Mags
She is looking so much better, you've done a good job with her! :D

Elaine
She's got a fab curly tummy just like Bernie:lol:

Elaine
06-01-2008, 11:31 PM
I love the one of her on the sofa:D

emmagc
06-01-2008, 11:33 PM
i know bless her she comes and sits by the fire and waits for me to groom her then just lies on her back and lets me comb her tummy !! what an angel!!!

Elaine
06-01-2008, 11:35 PM
You're a star for taking her in Emma and for taking the time to groom her free of all those nasty matts. Now when you coming over to sort out Bernie's matts?:lol: :lol: :lol:

emmagc
06-01-2008, 11:38 PM
haha now that might be a task ! but yes her tummy is so cute looks like someone has gone mad with the crimpers !! I am so lucky to have her, and am so so so pleased Elaine was able to rescue her it has been soo cold and snowy and wet I just know she would have been in an dangerous situation had Elaine not saved her !

Elaine
06-01-2008, 11:41 PM
Oh stop it now, I'm gonna get embarrassed. No more praise, she is safe and well(ish) now.
You gonna call about the xray etc tomorrow?
Let me know how you get on and if need be I can help pay for it.

emmagc
06-01-2008, 11:43 PM
Yes I will call my vet in the morning, and check it out as it is only 5 mins down the road and Emma the vet is amazing ! really have a lot of trust in her, and do not dare worry about paying for it ! she is worth every penny ! will text you tomorrow so keep your phone on and oooooh here is a tip !! look at it hahahhahhahhahahhahahhaha

Elaine
06-01-2008, 11:44 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: cheeky git:lol: :lol: :lol:

Erin
06-01-2008, 11:47 PM
shes right though elaine :lol:

Elaine
06-01-2008, 11:48 PM
Dont you be a stranger to Catsey now and keep all the lovely pictures of Pootle all to yourself.;)

Elaine
06-01-2008, 11:49 PM
shes right though elaine :lol:

Dont you start, I've had enough of you today with all that banana stuff:lol:

Erin
06-01-2008, 11:50 PM
:lol: :lol: that was important stuff elaine :roll:

Grete
07-01-2008, 09:31 AM
She's looking great! Once she has filled out a bit, she won't look like the same cat at all :)

Such a pretty girl :)

Leo's Mummy !
09-01-2008, 05:41 PM
ahh she is lovely.. like the end pic too !!