PDA

View Full Version : Starting to fret now, Bella's gone walkabouts.

Luke
02-01-2008, 05:17 PM
Now, I'm not panicking before anybody says so, i'm just a tad concerned.
Bella is very much an outside cat, infact since speying she's prefered being out all day and being in the house only for a few hours-even then under protest:roll: And she is a wanderer, she goes quite far for a female.
But she was last seen at around half two on the 28th of December. Whilst prefering outside, she always is home for an hour n a half at about sixish; for tea and a wash of her babies. But she didn't that day. And she hasn't made an appearence since or even been seen around the house.
I've not put up signs etc just yet, and not yet have I wrang vets etc, i emphasize yet. I've put the word about locally, and asked all the young children who live local to keep a look out and theres something in it for them if they do. And i've asked neighbors to check garages/sheds etc. But to no avail as of yet. I'm taking the dogs out more times than I can count to hopefully see her around. But nothing.
I think it's time to be a bit more than concerned, and I think it's time to ring round the vets and such.
It's the fact her absent spell has fallen over new years eve...fireworks everywhere n all..:(
Her boys are frantic and have gone off their food without ma around.
It's just not right..I'm not being pessimistic at all, cause I remember Clementine has done a few stints like this..and came home right as rain. But Bella's such a creature of habbit, that it makes me worry...

dandysmom
02-01-2008, 05:35 PM
OMG, I don't like the sound of that' I'd be in full panic mode by now! I think it's time for signs, vet calls, etc....please do keep us updated on Bella. Sending good vibes and
(((hugs))) .....

Moofster
02-01-2008, 05:41 PM
oh Bella :( come on home sweetie !

I have one a bit like that, so I understand your concerns (((hugs smilie here)))
Tink is only just gone 1 yr old and he's always an out and about kitty. He's been neutered but loves playing in the fields opposite and I am sure he has some buddies down the road :cat20
He has his normal routines, which of course we all get used too. But last night he didnt come home at his usual time :( We called for him and I had a pace down the street. But nothing :(
We went to bed, he can get access to our conservatory through the catflap so he can get in OK :) and this is where he spend his nights anyway. But I didnt like to think he wasnt in.

Guess what, this morning he was there waiting for his brekkies :) purring and doing his circle of eight around my legs as if nothing had happened !!

We sat him down and interrogated him :-D but you know how it is, they wont tell you anything :-D

I do think its time to check with neighbours, as things are different over the festive season, people routines and habits change. She may have gone into someones garage or shed. A call around the vets would settle your mind too.

Keep us posted !!

Moli
02-01-2008, 05:57 PM
Do hope she comes home soon Luke, maybe someone has taken her in??

Donna
02-01-2008, 05:58 PM
I agree I would also be panicking like crazy now... after a few hours I would of been searching the area!! But that is just me!!!!

I hope she turns up soon - she must know the area pretty well if she is out a lot, so hopefully will find her way back soon x

Jac
02-01-2008, 06:06 PM
Luke I hope she come's home soon. Take care. xx

Elaine
02-01-2008, 06:15 PM
I sincerely hope that Bella is just having a little adventure and lost track of time etc. I'd be beside myself but then its been years since i have had an outdoor cat.
Fingers crossed she returns home safe and well very soon xxx

babycakes
02-01-2008, 06:19 PM
Oh dear Luke you must be worried by now. I hope she returns home soon. Sending out searching vibes for you Bells,,,,,,

dandysmom
02-01-2008, 11:50 PM
Any news, Luke?

Grete
03-01-2008, 07:14 AM
Doh Luke, you must be frantic :(

I don't see any problem with ringing vets etc, putting posters up - if she wanders quite a large area it's possible someone has taken her in because of the fireworks.

Hope she returns soon *hugs*

CathyW
03-01-2008, 09:12 AM
i get panicy when mine dont come home,
any news yet???

Moofster
03-01-2008, 10:07 AM
checking in to see if Bella has come home - still sending lots of 'come on home' vibes for her !!!

dinahsmum
03-01-2008, 10:09 AM
Fingers crossed for you luke. It's time to do the flyers and posters ... that's how we found Min after 3 days.
Also - it's the time of year for people to lock garages, sheds etc and head off to relatives, so make sure you ask people to check.
Good luck

sarahd
03-01-2008, 11:47 AM
I do hope Bella returns home safe and sound from her adventure and that she is soon reunited with her poor kitties who must wonder what the heck is going on without mummy :(
Hope you are ok too Luke. Cats are such a worry aren't they? But no doubt she will come strolling in without a care in the world and wonder what all the fuss is about lol
Keep us posted and good luck with phoning the vets and putting up flyers etc.

Sarah
x

Jac
03-01-2008, 11:51 AM
Any news Luke?

Luke
03-01-2008, 02:36 PM
No news yet..
Rang all local vets, cats protection, pets seek, rspca, pdsa centre incase she'd been handed in, the council depot [not a nice thought but it's best to know regardless]. Not a hide nor hair.
Most people locally know we're missing one ginger and white, big eared little cat. I've spoke to lots of people and told them to pass on by word of mouth.
Shall get some posters printed off today. Our vets musings were "Well...by the independant stance of your Bella, it's not that long for her to be walkabouts..I shouldn't worry too much".
I'm not panicking yet, I have a feeling she's away somewhere making the most of the bins out. Or, a niggley feeling I have, is if the big tom cat who presumably fathered the kittens, that has been hanging around our house non stop DOES infact have a home then maybe she's took up cahoots there. I'm not sure why that keeps going through my head, but it's strange that since she's been gone he's not been seen either.
Paranoia setting in now!
Maxwell & William are refusing to eat totally today, and just sitting by the back door crying, it's quite horrible to see:(

Moofster
03-01-2008, 02:48 PM
:( oh heck, was hoping to hear good news :(

Maybe she has taken up at another home, hopefully with all the information out about her now, someone will either find her or let you know where she is.

Lots of come home vibes still whizzing over for sweet Bella !!

babycakes
03-01-2008, 02:58 PM
Oh the poor boys fretting away X give them lots of cuddles from us Luke. Yes imagine Bella loved up somewhere with this old guy!!!! (good job she is spayed now eh? ) hope she is home soon X

angieh
03-01-2008, 06:54 PM
OMG Luke so sorry about Bella and her babes - hope she has gone off gallivanting with her lover. Hope you get good news really soon.

***HUGS to you and the kits ***

Kazz
03-01-2008, 07:46 PM
With it eing Christmas and the new year its possible she has been shut in somewhere, maybe they are shut in somewhere together. So she may be home soon.fingers crossed here.
I would have gone into panic mode days ago Luke...don't know how you haven't.

dandysmom
03-01-2008, 10:13 PM
To tell the truth I went into panic mode as soon as I read Luke's post, and Bella isn't even my cat!! We've all known her since the day she was born, literally, and she's one of the Catsey family....oh Bella, please come home!!!

Luke
04-01-2008, 01:00 AM
It sounds quite callas of me I presume for not being that panicky until yesterday/today, but if you all lived with Bella you'd know what I mean. She has gone off for the odd two nights here and there, and then come home with a few dead things and looking a bit scraggy coated etc. And is an out n out wanderer, so I was slightly concerned at first but didn't read too much into it.
Posters have gone up today in relevant places. Details left with those in the know how.
But an interesting conversation when I was out with the dogs earlier on this evening, I ran into a chap who has a beautiful big Rhodesian Ridgeback who Ralph has a particular fondness for. We got chatting and I mentioned we were missing a cat etc, this chap lives a few streets away..it's hard to explain the layout of where we live, the bit I'm talking about is a series of small twisty streets that lead nowhere with really oldfashioned little houses on..and then it's fields. Anyway, this chap said to me about this "Old dear" who lives a few doors away from him who has a reputation for luring the local moggies in, and not quite letting them go home again.:shock: Supposedly harmless, but still doing wrong. He said he'd make sure word got back too her someone was missing a ginger and white cat with big ears, and that theyd contacted everyone who needed to know and that there are posters up saying anyone who even notices the cat around or knows someone who's took one fitting the description in to contact. And he said if Bella is there, she should turn up as this old woman tends to "release" them if somebodys looking for them.
I went to the house today..didn't knock, but went..saw what he meant..bowls of catfood all over her front garden, and catflaps in her front door/back door/back gate. And I saw about seven cats sitting on window ledges. I called Bella's name but nothing.
I've spoke to a few people locally who stick by the musings of "If she's been taken in by someone, it won't be anyone but -name-".
The chap I spoke too with the dog suggested posting a leaflett through her door, but hamming it up abit..state she has kittens -of an unspecified age- and is a much missed family pet, and if she is there then maybe the cat lover in this old lady may let her go.
God listen to me ramble, the chances of her being locked up in this little old dears house are god knows! Think i've got to a point of just picking to pieces any strand of hope now!

Jac
04-01-2008, 01:41 AM
Luke my heart goes out to you. I know exactly what your going through. Chin up mate.

dandysmom
04-01-2008, 02:51 AM
Dear God, I hope she's with the old lady and will be let loose to go home......it's the not knowing that's so heartwrenching....

Grete
04-01-2008, 10:23 AM
Luke, you must be out of your mind by now :(

Keeping my fingers crossed she will be home soon and sending her lots of go home vibes to hurry her along!

I hope the boys will eat something soon too :(

*hugs*

dinahsmum
04-01-2008, 10:33 AM
Fingers still crossed

Moofster
04-01-2008, 10:43 AM
:( Oh heck I do hope that Bella is with that lady !!

How do you feel about knocking at her door next time ? It would be better to know either way.

Hope the little boys are eating better today

More come on home {{{:smt049vibes:smt049}}} for Bella!!!!

Kazz
04-01-2008, 11:55 AM
I'd knock at the door and say "Hello I believe you have cats have you noticed a new cat about "describe Bella, and about the kittens etc etc how loved she is etc" and then say she is mine if you see her could you please let me know. Give them a mobile number.'

Luke you could get you Mom or older sister to go round I forget your age sometimes....

Best of luck.

Samz5
04-01-2008, 12:36 PM
Fingers crossed here that Bella will turn up safe and sound.
Your doing all the right things to find her, I would be just as worried as you by now.

Have you tried calling for her in the early hours 12- 2am when everything is really quiet? When one of our cats went missing for days we found him trapped in a neighbors house after calling for him in the middle of the night, we could here him calling back.

Luke
04-01-2008, 02:12 PM
Still no sign...
Couldn't sleep as there's her spot on the bed [all six of the pets have a certain spot:roll:] which was empty..took the dogs out at about half three..had a snoop..still nothing.
Knocked on the "old dear"s door this morning with the flier and said how I'd been told if there was a cat straying or hurt etc that she'd know, was very polite and put it more towards the "everyone talks about how she knows a lot about cats and takes care of strays" rather than "Why do you lure people's pets away and take them in?":roll:
Handed her the poster, her response was "I have a lot of uncared for pets coming round for food and attention, i'll keep a look out for yours", and promptly closed the door. So polite:roll:
I do not for one minute think she's injured, it sounds strange but I haven't got "the feeling", I think she's either straying somewhere for some reason...or she's taken cahoots up somewhere else, i.e with this woman!
I really couldn't care less as to WHERE she is, i'd just quite like my cat back.

Moofster
04-01-2008, 02:49 PM
oh heck - now come on Bella theres lots of people wanting you home now !!!

hugs and vibes for all

babycakes
04-01-2008, 04:50 PM
Well done Luke I feel she is there as the woman sounded polite but wanted to get rid of you.. If this is the case then she is heartless. I would call back again tomorrow and ask if there has been any sign (some people would not ring people cos of the cost ), she may get fed up of you knocking. However Bella may hear your vioce and find her way out to you. Or keep calling out in that area

Donna
04-01-2008, 05:02 PM
Keeping my fingers crossed she will come home soon x

borderdawn
04-01-2008, 06:11 PM
Any news yet?

Kazz
04-01-2008, 06:20 PM
I would try calling her in the early hours....but it has been a while Luke, the trail maybe colder than it could have been.
Hope she's home soon,
Karen

Elaine
04-01-2008, 08:36 PM
Any news on Bella? I do hope she has returned safe and well. xxx

dandysmom
04-01-2008, 08:42 PM
Hoping for word also .....

yola
04-01-2008, 08:57 PM
Everything crossed here for you and Bella, Luke. You must be beside yourself :(

alexgirl73
04-01-2008, 09:00 PM
hope she's home soon.

Luke
04-01-2008, 10:34 PM
Still nothing, i've been out on and off all day. The closest I got to a lead was a considerably nicer elderly lady who stated a little ginger and white cat with big ears calls in her gardens to raid her bird feeders of its occupants saw Bella upon the daytime of new years eve...which is the last time I and most people locally who've mentioned they've seen her, saw her.
Optimism is the key, the dogs and I are out as often as possible searching..I've decided with her being as besotted with them as she is I may have more chance of finding her with them. Or maybe i'm clutching onto more straws, either way-whilst theres hope and all that.
Posters up in vets shops etc. Next step is to hit posting through letterboxes.

Moli
04-01-2008, 10:50 PM
Have you tried the local radio station Luke??

Tink
04-01-2008, 10:50 PM
wow...we have something of an "old dear" in this neighborhood too that i believe took in a feral litter i was trying to trap (hopefully she took care of them well if that was the case)...i'd be going mad...fingers crossed for you here.

dandysmom
04-01-2008, 10:54 PM
Oh dear. Fingers still crossed here, Luke...:(

Elaine
05-01-2008, 12:26 AM
Luke i know you have probably done alot of what I am about to post but it doesnt hurt to have a tick list of things to do to try and help find her. Wish you all the very best.

Here are a few things to try:

1. Posters, Posters, Posters with picture and details with contact number.....hand out to neighbours and anyone you see. Put up in local shops, pubs and supermarkets. Stick to all local lamp posts. (If it rains go and collect them and replace however it's best to put posters in plastic wallets so if it rains they don't go all soggy - the neighbours and council don’t mind you putting them up so much that way). Also put one in your and friends cars - it amazing how many people see them this way. Make smaller flyers and push through every letterbox on your streets and the surrounding area. It is a good idea to offer a reward … of course this doesn’t have to be money … a box of cho-colates or a bunch of flowers is just as good.

2. Knock on doors and ask neighbours to check their sheds and garages WHILE YOU WAIT … it's surprising how many people say they will check but as soon as the door is closed they forget. Knock on 10 doors either side of your house on both sides of the street.

3. Register him lost at all vets/catteries/rescue homes within a 20mile radius. Follow the link and click on the map to find rescues in your area http://www.[Sys edit: Links to pet forums not allowed]/adoption/index.html (http://www.[sys%20edit:%20links%20to%20pet%20forums%20not%20al lowed]/adoption/index.html)

4. Leave food out and a toy of his

5. Leave out an unwashed item of your clothing

6. Put the contents of your hoover bag on your garden - it’s full of smells that they will recognise and if doesn’t bring him directly to your door will at least hopefully keep him in the area. Alternatively if you have a litter tray that has used put some of the used litter on the garden as this will have familiar smells in it.

7. Contact the local fire brigade and see if they have had to rescue any stuck cats

8. Ask the local children to look - they are great for knowing all the local hidey-holes and love helping. Also have a word with your local post-person and milk man if there is one that delivers in your area. Also try and enlist the help of people walking dogs as they tend to go “off road” in the fields and parks.

9. Ask the local radio station to announce he’s missing and give out a contact number

10. Put an advert in the local paper

11. Contact your local environmental services dept (bin men) they keep a log of all animals picked on the roadside ... I know this is not a pleasant call to make and hopefully it will come back as negative.

12. Go out after dark when it is quieter with a friend / partner and walk round the local area gently calling every so often (give him a chance to answer you). Keep talking as you walk round that way if he is in the area he will hear you.

13. When you talk to vets and rescues, ask them about any known local feral colonies and where they are based. If Kitty has been missing for more than a few days s/he might have wandered further afield and might be “hanging round” near a colony for security (safety in numbers) and company. If vets/rescues know locations of colonies, these might be useful to get some ideas of where to start looking.

Finally have a look at these sites - they are all EXCELLENT

http://www.mymoggy.com/ (http://www.mymoggy.com/) contact Sue at mymoggy.

http://nationalpetregister.org (http://nationalpetregister.org/)

http://www.soyouhavelostyourcat.co.uk/#1 (http://www.soyouhavelostyourcat.co.uk/#1)

http://www.petsearchuk.org.uk/ (http://www.petsearchuk.org.uk/)

http://www.amissingpet.co.uk/ (http://www.amissingpet.co.uk/)

http://www.animalsearchuk.com/ (http://www.animalsearchuk.com/)

http://pet-rescue.org.uk/forums/index.php?showforum=308 (http://pet-rescue.org.uk/forums/index.php?showforum=308)

http://www.lostmycat.org/index.php (http://www.lostmycat.org/index.php)

http://www.animalrescuers.co.uk/html/lostfound.html (http://www.animalrescuers.co.uk/html/lostfound.html)

Good luck and stay positive.

Hopefully your little one has just got itself shut in a shed somewhere.

And finally ……. IMPORTANT NOTE: When you get your furbabe back remember to remove ALL the posters and inform all vets / rescues / websites etc that they are home.

Moofster
05-01-2008, 11:25 AM
brill advice and reminders there Elaine :smt023

fingers still crossed here too !!

{{{{{{{{{{:smt049 come on home Bella :smt049 }}}}}}}}}

Erin
05-01-2008, 07:16 PM
any more news yet Luke?

Kazz
05-01-2008, 07:17 PM
Is there any news yet Luke. A friend of mine works at the RSPCA in Coventry have you been in contact yet to let them know she is mising they gets lots of strays taken in there I believe.

Grete
06-01-2008, 10:21 AM
Keeping my fingers crossed still, hoping she's home!

babycakes
06-01-2008, 10:55 AM
Any sign yet Luke??? Come on Bella where are you???

(The tip about emptying the contents of a hoover bag is great Elaine)

Phil
06-01-2008, 12:49 PM
Just caught up with this Luke.

Any news ?

Kazz
06-01-2008, 01:03 PM
Yes come on Luke let us know mate, we are sitting around the Country with fingers crossed

Kim
06-01-2008, 06:32 PM
Great advice Elaine. Worth keeping as a 'sticky'.

Any news yet Luke? Thinking of you.

Luke
06-01-2008, 07:02 PM
Was waiting till this eve rather than posting this morn, just incase she turned up.
Still nothing.
Not a hide nor hair.
No response to posters.
As I said previously, we've contacted the CPL, RSPCA, Petseek, local vets, the local pdsa branch as apparently they get strays took into them a fair bit, the council department incase she's been found and is no longer here.
Nothing. She has just vanished it would seem.
I've got a stonking cold now from being out with the dogs in the rain looking for her.I've done all the food/litter/clothes/toys out etc-nothing. She just...has disappeared. Still, keep the hope and all that.

Elaine
06-01-2008, 07:06 PM
Sorry to hear that you still ahvent found her Luke. Dont despair though as she may well turn up yet. I am airing on the side that some one has taken her in. xxx

Sweet
06-01-2008, 07:10 PM
I am sorry to be reading this Luke, I hope and prey with fingers and paws crossed Bella comes home soon x

Luke
06-01-2008, 07:19 PM
Sorry to hear that you still ahvent found her Luke. Dont despair though as she may well turn up yet. I am airing on the side that some one has taken her in. xxx
I think if anything; this is the highest possibility. The way she's vanished.
I have a feeling; it may be the rather rude "old dear" from around the corner in the next street. There are an awful lot of cats there; and she's well known for taking them in. But; she may have nothing to do with it..who knows, who cares really..I just would like my cat home!

dandysmom
06-01-2008, 08:57 PM
Oh so sorry she's not home yet; have you been back to the old woman's place again?

Jac
06-01-2008, 09:03 PM
Luke I'm so sorry. What are you going to do now? Any idea's?

charliebubs
06-01-2008, 09:17 PM
I'm so sorry she's not home yet, Luke.

Keep thinking positive :)

Kim
06-01-2008, 10:17 PM
Ah Luke, I'm so sorry she hasn't tuned up yet. Been there myself, so know how it feels. I will send positive thoughts and keep her in my prayers.

babycakes
06-01-2008, 10:19 PM
Poor you and Bella, We are all thinking off you Luke and wishing her homeX

sammy
06-01-2008, 11:57 PM
Oh Luke, I've not been here for a while so I'm only just reading this....:?

Please don't give up hope, my Des was missing for 2 weeks and turned up safe and sound, much to my amazement......

I'm really hoping Bella will turn up safe and well, take care.xxx

dandysmom
07-01-2008, 12:16 AM
Luke, are the boys still grieving for mum, or are they eating now?

Fran
07-01-2008, 08:46 AM
Everything crossed here for you Luke. I know how very upset you must be right now :( I have everything crossed that she comes home very soon.

Luke
12-01-2008, 07:13 PM
Still nothing.
Thought i'd update, despite not having anything new to say.

dandysmom
12-01-2008, 08:59 PM
Sorry there's no news, but thanks for letting us know.....

John
12-01-2008, 09:50 PM
sorry Luke..not a lot I can say that has not already been said...look after yourself..

babycakes
12-01-2008, 11:41 PM
Everything is still crossed here Luke

angieh
13-01-2008, 12:56 AM
So sorry Luke. Still hoping for you and Bella .....

Jac
13-01-2008, 10:53 AM
It's really weird that a good mother like Bella would just wander off. Especially with her having two kittens at home.

To my mind Luke someone has taken her in for some reason and not letting her out. Other wise she would high tail it back to her babies.

I really hope she returns to you soon.

Moofster
13-01-2008, 01:24 PM
:( Oh heck, I am sorry to hear she's not turned up a yet - lots and lots of positive vibes still whizzing over for her !!!

ellenlouise
08-02-2008, 04:52 PM
Luke any news? I am so sorry to here little Bella has gone missing. You never know she could be around and about and you havent seen her stay positive.

Maybe go to the ladies house and ask to come in for some tea because your so cold and need warming up and a cup of tea. Say to her that she is your only hope as she is such 'a caring cat person'

Might work fingers crossed.

xxx

Luke
08-02-2008, 07:46 PM
Still nothing. She isn't with anyone, that's become more than evident. I hate to think it but....

babycakes
08-02-2008, 08:04 PM
Aww Luke I don't know what to say X Big hugs to you (remember that thread just after christmas about the cat who returned after 15 months... BJ I think it's name was)

Luke
19-02-2008, 03:47 PM
It'll be two months next Monday.
Not a hide nor hair of her still, nothing from posters/shelters/vets/neighbours.
Before any suggestions are made, as helpful as I know they are intended, we really have tried everything. I think it's two choices, to continue to wait and put a halt on life until she returns, well if she returns. Or, to get on with things...to always live in the hope she'll be back one day, but to move forward a bit.
My apology's if the latter sounds harsh, but I feel as if since she's been gone everythings been let slip, the boys are growing up everyday yet their youth seems to be being ignored due to exhuasting every option in hunt for their ma. I can't explain what I mean without sounding totally callas and unfeeling.
I will always live in the hope she will return, and in the grand scheme of things two months isn't that much, but the fact there have been no sightings etc of her..leaves me quite cold inside, so...yes, thought I ought to update.

dinahsmum
19-02-2008, 03:53 PM
Hello Luke! i was only wondering about you this morning ... Vulcan mind transfer eh?
I'm sorry you haven't come with good news. We love our cats for their independence and sometimes (fortunately not too often) this is the payback. They vanish. Poor DM is feeling the same about the lovely Onyx.
I'm sorry.
She may saunter in one day but you're right, will probably not. Do what I suggested Dm does - in the absence of evidence to the contrary - believe that she is happily esconsed in a new home. We've had the opposite - had a young cat walk in and we never found where he came from (and this is when I was a kid living at home in the village pub. We knew everybody and asked everybody)

Luke
19-02-2008, 03:56 PM
Thanks DM, i had a feeling you'd be one who got what I meant:) I live in the hope she returns, or at least is safe and happy somewhere. However, as most am quite aware, I'm quite a realist person..and if the fatal has happened and she is no longer here, albeit it was a short one..she lead a good life, she was loved, she was cared for, she was adored, she shared her life with Clementine and the dogs, she brought a lot of love into this house, she raised her kittens well and lives on through her four babies and, it's not nice to think but I stand by the addage in reference to cats, better to have lived a natural life regardless of length than a manicured and un-natural life too them.
And no, that's not a pop at house cats!

Rosie
19-02-2008, 04:19 PM
better to have lived a natural life regardless of length than a manicured and un-natural life too them

With you on that one.

ellenlouise
19-02-2008, 05:39 PM
I'm sorry to hear that Luke but she had a lovely life and I believe that she is somewhere she was so beautiful that it quite possivly that she was picked up as a present for someone and has a lovely home. At least you have her boys a living memory of her.

Kim
20-02-2008, 10:30 PM
I'm sorry Luke, but sometimes as you say you just have to be realistic. I lost one of my cats to a RTA aged 18 months, at least I knew what had happened to her. Another one simply vanished, like Bella. I never did find out what happened to her. Both were thoroughly spoilt while I had them, and neither would have lost their lives so early had they been housecats. We make a choice. I prefer to give my cats an independent, natural life too.

Luke
05-08-2009, 12:41 PM
The "kittens" (though they are far from this now) are two in about ten days, so i started browing through the photos and videos from when they were born and were growing up, seeing dear "hellsbells" being so attentive to them all really really brought a massive lump to my throat. It's 18 months since the morning Bella strolled out the back door, I still keep in my head one day she may come home but i sincerely doubt it. You never forget these cats who vanish to the great wonder, but you do move forward. I still miss the long awaited quaint litter ginger n white cat who I waited many years to have since my last ginge, then watched along with you all, her grow from birth to coming home, to having her own children, and to what an..interesting little noisey cat she was:lol: I still sometimes think i hear her chirrup, especially at "bedtime" but I know its some distance area of my memory getting slightly doting. Maxwell's more like her than William, right down to his funny little voice..it's fairly sweet.
We give these cats our hearts, and they break them with their independence. Yet it's their sheer independence which is what wins them a place so deep in our hearts, funny isn't it?
So I guess this is just to close the story, she was born..she came..she lived, and oh how she DID live too; with many an antic which catsey has stored upon it, questionably -in many eyes- she gave way to more life, she lived some more, she went and then.....we'll never really know what happened, but maybe that's for the best really?:)
Thankyou for you're ongoing support catsey folk, but I think i'm quite comfortable with the fact now that she's in a better place than this, kismet struck again I guess.

angieh
05-08-2009, 12:51 PM
Tears in my eyes here Luke. I wasn't around during Bella's time with you, but have since loved seeing your beautiful photos of her children.

You may have seen the history of my little cat Kizzy who came to me through the good services of Cats Protection here on Catsey. Her history I'll never know and am always aware that out there somewhere there may be a family who are still trying to come to terms with losing their lovely friend.

I am glad that you are now feeling "comfortable". Please don't stop posting photos of William and Maxwell and Clementine too as we all love to see them.

dinahsmum
05-08-2009, 12:56 PM
Yes Luke - I think I know what you mean and how you feel. Maybe, just maybe, she is fine and living as "Sophie" or "Mittens" or "Jaffa" somewhere - or maybe she is not. She has left a rather lovely living legacy in her kits and fond memories in your heart.

Luke
05-08-2009, 01:01 PM
Thankyou Angie, I feel though..realistically she is no longer with us. She was microchipped and every rescue centre and vets in the district had been notified, and the council "clean up" squad. She was a roamer yes, but the kittens were still very young at the time..around four months old, n she never went out for long..always came back to check, and had a very set time routine anyway as she liked coming on the dog walks with us. And with a combination of it being new years eve too, well..it's not nice, but I hope whatever happened it was quick and she didn't feel anything.
I'll never forget her really, as she was such a charming wee lass. It's just sad that she was so eagerly anticipated by me from the minute she was born, yet I had her in my life for such a short amount of time. But as I said, cats will be cats.
http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t229/persillove/Animal%20Photography%20stuff/Picture037.jpg
http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t229/persillove/DSCF9446.jpg
http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t229/persillove/a13-2.jpg

Luke
05-08-2009, 01:02 PM
Aye Dm, the not knowing is the bit..but as I said, maybe that's for the best.

dandysmom
05-08-2009, 04:03 PM
A beautiful tribute to Bella. She won't be forgotten on Catsey, Luke.

Mags
05-08-2009, 06:02 PM
Lovely memories of Bella and her babes, Luke...