PDA

View Full Version : How do your cats greet you

Moofster
02-01-2008, 05:14 PM
I noticed all my four kitties have different way of gretting us when we arrive home :cat20

Dino doesnt budge an inch but does a meow-less 'hello' to us :-D
Pepsi yeowls and complains until she gets a few biscuits :roll:
Miss Moofi does this long stretch, sort of high up at the front as if on tip-toes and her back legs stretched way out :smt007
Tink does the circle of eight around my legs :-P

Its lovely that they all make some attempt at acknowledging our arrival !
How do your cats greet you :cat10

Jac
02-01-2008, 05:25 PM
Caspurr come's running to the door when we walk in. You have to watch where you put your feet incase you trip over him.
Abi jumps onto the chair sticks her tail up, arches her back and starts to purr.

Elaine
02-01-2008, 06:21 PM
Eva pushes past you and bolt out of the door where she comes to a halt and looks at you for a fuss. Bernie sits very still and looks at you then looks at his food bowl.:lol:

babycakes
02-01-2008, 06:35 PM
Eva pushes past you and bolt out of the door where she comes to a halt and looks at you for a fuss. Bernie sits very still and looks at you then looks at his food bowl.:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Denis comes running to the door and we go into another room (ususally the bedroom) where he jumps on the bed and He rubs up purrs wildly and DEMANDS :-D lots of cuddles and tummy rubs. He does this even when he comes in from having a wee or a walk....
(like I'm complaining)

Elaine
02-01-2008, 07:15 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Denis comes running to the door and we go into another room (ususally the bedroom) where he jumps on the bed and He rubs up purrs wildly and DEMANDS :-D lots of cuddles and tummy rubs. He does this even when he comes in from having a wee or a walk....
(like I'm complaining)

Eva says, rub my tummy, feel my claws:lol:

Mags
02-01-2008, 07:20 PM
Cassie rubs her head around our legs and walks all dainty!:-D

babycakes
02-01-2008, 07:21 PM
Eva doesn't want to let her guard down she has a reputation to protect

alexgirl73
02-01-2008, 08:19 PM
Broxi comes sauntering to the door then follows oyuin to whatever room you go to demanding a petting lol. Cooper very rarely makes an appearnace, and Teddie looks up from wherever she's lying, yawns and flicks her tail at you lol!

MrsH
02-01-2008, 08:51 PM
Jason comes running to the door and then leads us into the kitchen! Molly stays in her bed and waits for us to go to her to say hello!
I miss my old cat Cleo who left us 2 years ago, she used to rub against my ankles and stand on my feet to get some attention.

Donna
02-01-2008, 09:54 PM
Chloe always runs to the front door to have a nosey at who it is (it is always us so not sure who she expecting). Misty only gets up to see who it is if she hears carrier bags (cos there might be food for her) LOL

dandysmom
02-01-2008, 10:37 PM
Leia gets up from where ever she was sitting, has a looooong stretch then comes to me and flops down for a tummy rub. Onyx weaves around my legs and does a lot of head-butting.

Moli
02-01-2008, 11:22 PM
I am lucky if any of mine open an eye when I come in!

Tinker
02-01-2008, 11:24 PM
Tinker doesn't bother to get out of bed. Why should she acknowledge that her staff have come home? Sometimes she may open one eye just to make sure we are going to do as she pleases.

Rosie and Pheobe come running over as fast as possible sometimes squeaking in excitement, almost always purring. They are always so pleased to see us and keen to have cuddles or play.

northern lass
02-01-2008, 11:53 PM
Normally Max and Oli come running toward us, tails up and expectant looks on their faces :) . If they have been kept in the Utility Room because of visitors or work on the house I get two dirty looks and a sulk up the stairs when I open the door, as is to say - how very dare you stop me from roaming my own house :roll:

First thing in the morning I get a loud purr and demand for a cuddle - in other words - time to get up and feed us. If that doesn't work we get a swift claw or bite on the foot :shock: (why do they do that?, bite your feet but not your hand, My daughter says its because feet smell :D )

angieh
03-01-2008, 12:42 AM
Lovely thread - I can picture all those cats and their various forms of greetings! Purrrrrs to all of them. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Grete
03-01-2008, 06:42 AM
Hehe great thread, amazing how individual cats are (even tho we knew that already).

Bubbles is usually by the back door cos she hears the car, rubs against you and has a brief fuss then looks at her bowl hopefully. If no food magically appears, she goes to the patio doors to get let out ;) Exception to this rule is when it's Tony coming home in which case she follows him round like a puppy, goes up with him to get changed and have some fuss on the bed :)

Fizz is a lot less laid back and runs to greet me with constant chirps and mews, rubs up against you, dances around, wants to investigate anything you brought back and then wants to be picked up for cuddles. Waiting til I've sat down and then coming up for cuddles is acceptable too, but she comments the whole time hehe ;)

CathyW
03-01-2008, 09:16 AM
if mine are on the bed they open an eye then promptly go back to sleep.
if its been a long day out they normally run up to me yowling as if to say *WHERE MY DINNER* LOL

Socks
04-01-2008, 07:22 AM
Socks usually wakes up, looks at me in a tired-mannor, and then jumps on the counter expecting a treat, and when I leave, we always have to try and get him out of the car since he loves to travel.

Maiah greets me with the most cutest "Pdrrrr" lol It's all squeaky and cute X)

yola
04-01-2008, 09:48 AM
Fifi will stand up, stretch, look at us and the turn around 360 degrees and curl up again. Balie will open one and and then close it again, usually without moving a muscle!