PDA

View Full Version : Daily thread - Wednesday (I think!)

dinahsmum
02-01-2008, 09:52 AM
Good morning.
Is anyone else as sad/grumpy as me and glad that we can get back to routine. Why can't we break up this 10 days of 'fun' into 2 periods, during the manky winter, especially January, which I hate?
Hope everyone is feeling fit and fine and ready for whatever 2008 will throw at us.
Hello new people - I'll catch up with you over time.
Have a good day and Happy New Year everyone.

Moofster
02-01-2008, 10:01 AM
:cat5 Morning Spain checking in !

I agree, its great to be back to some sort of normality.

Woke up to a chilly 3º which my thin blood does not like at all :cat11

Lots of admin jobs to do today, post office bank and such like !

Have a good day whatever you are doing :smt023

Donna
02-01-2008, 10:55 AM
Morning all

Back to work as normal for me today. Was hard getting out of bed so early in the morning!! Bit quiet at work, but it will take some time to get back to normal I suppose.

Have a good day all.

Erin
02-01-2008, 12:11 PM
Morning DM great to see you,hope you had a great christmas and new year :D
Morning all,
Freezing again here today :( and its raining on and off too.
That doesnt seem to be bothering Milo or Tink though,they are both bombing around the back garden,Jerry has more sense and has stayed in in the warm.
hope you all have a great day :)

alexgirl73
02-01-2008, 12:20 PM
morning all, welcome back DM, great to 'see' you! Been a damp night apparently, but my children have plans to sky watch for the next few days in anticipation of the snow forecast lol. Not much planned today, may break out the new board games the girls got and try to have a game, not easy with Hayley, but we'll give it a go. Hope everyone hs a good day.

yola
02-01-2008, 12:24 PM
Hehe - I certainly did a double take at the thread starter ;) welcome back stranger :D How goes it?

Working at home today as I don't really have any childcare for Dominik and he's not back at school until next week. So we've dropped Sebi at nursery, dropped of the masses of glass at the bottle bank and done the Waitrose run.

Now Domi's infront of A Sharks Tale and I'm on here and just about to dive into 2 weeks' worth of emails :shock:

Bitterly cold here, and it actually looks like it's going to snow :D

Mags
02-01-2008, 12:28 PM
Morning everyone,

Well, it's back to normal today. I enjoyed the Christmas/New Year break which culminated with a family get together yesterday ......turkey dinner, games and pressies off the tree :D

It's very cold here and the sky is 'snowy' looking ....... we've been forecast sleet for tomorrow.

I'll be taking down the tree and decs later today and having a good clear up!

Hope everyone has a good day!:cool:

Emm
02-01-2008, 12:40 PM
awh I want snow! I love it! Me and the dogs just spend the whole day playing - so much fun - who says you have to grow up :lol:

well its grey, grey, grey here with lots of rain - I so want to be in a warm country with blue skies right now. :lol:

Jac
02-01-2008, 03:25 PM
Afternoon all.

Nice to see you back DM.

Back home today. Dropped my mabile as I was leaving Gordons and think its broken:( . Just getting a blank screen. No numbers, messages ect. Ooopppss:oops:

Very cold here today. Everyone seem's to fit the grey mood.

Never mind we could start a new tradition. Lets have a un Christmas in June!!!!

smudgley
02-01-2008, 03:37 PM
:smt017 is that really you?

:smt026 :smt026 :smt026 :smt026 :smt026 :smt026 :smt026 :smt026 :smt026 :smt026 :smt026

She's back. {I must contain my excitement}

:smt039 DM, really great to see you.

I'm at work today. :roll: John is really poorly & has been to the dr & got some antibiotics. Have a good day.

yola
02-01-2008, 04:17 PM
Back home today. Dropped my mabile as I was leaving Gordons and think its broken:( . Just getting a blank screen. No numbers, messages ect. Ooopppss:oops:

Bummer - I was going to call you on my way out to collect Sebi from nursery :(

Jac
02-01-2008, 05:10 PM
Yola, I'm going to get another tomorrow. Will have the same number. Unless I've damaged the sim in which case I'll pm you it.

dandysmom
02-01-2008, 05:25 PM
Afternoon all from freezing Washington! Brrr! It was 10 yesterday; right now it's -3 and the wind chill is -10!! :shock:, definitely not my kind of weather! Sun is trying to peek thru the clouds. Took the bus to and from the market, too b****y cold to walk.
Nice to be back to normal; the holidays were lovely but I am glad it's over now. Leia still has not gotten the mouse! Nothing new to report here.....

Hope all have a pleasant day and the poorly ones feel better.

DM: great to see you back!
Moofster: thought it was warm in Sunny Espana!? Where is Costas; I'm too lazy to get the atlas and check it..

Moli
02-01-2008, 05:59 PM
Evening all, thats me back to normal as well,
Lovely to see you back DM, hope you had a lovely Christmas, and a very happy new year to you too..

Kazz
02-01-2008, 06:22 PM
DM You're back.............YEAH....I notice you just pop on and start a daily thread like you've never been absent. ;)

Back from work. Its really really cold here think it may snow.

Have good days/evening all.

MrsH
02-01-2008, 09:03 PM
Hello all, did a really stupid thing today - I tripped up in the car park as I was leaving Comet with a new slow cooker. Took a real flyer and I don't know what I tripped over, there was nothing there, no uneven ground, nothing!

The box that the slow cooker was in got heavily dented but otherwise OK, and I got off lightly with a couple of scrapes to my palms, I didn't even ladder my tights! I'm getting a huge bruise now in the middle of my palm but I think I was heavily cushioned by tum and chest (told you all I needed to lose weight!) I just felt such a complete prat and did a quick look around to see if anyone noticed but it was dark and most people had already left, but I'm probably on their CCTV!

alexgirl73
02-01-2008, 09:05 PM
ouch!! I hope you are ok and that it was more your pride dented rather than anything else. I do things like that all the time, but usually people see me lol!

dandysmom
02-01-2008, 09:53 PM
Definitely ouch! I hate it when I do things like that: nothing hurt but my dignity! Hope the slow cooker is OK & wasn't damaged in the fall...

MrsH
02-01-2008, 10:58 PM
Hope the slow cooker is OK & wasn't damaged in the fall...
Nope, it wasn't damaged at all, lots of packaging around it. The main thing damaged was my dignity! and I promise I haven't had any gin for ages!!

alexgirl73
02-01-2008, 11:03 PM
aww, sounds like you need one now though lol.