PDA

View Full Version : Found SBT - Birmingham

Kazz
01-01-2008, 07:38 PM
Found today wandering in and out of traffic on the main Tyburn Road in Birmingham a red Staffordshire Bull Terrier bitch, approx 14-16 months old no more. Very lovable well looked after - someone's much loved dog.

I would guess either she's done a runner because of the fireworks last night or maybe someone left the gate/door open with last night being New Year and then she has managed to get out. She has no road sense so not a latchkey dog. No collar when found.

Good news;
Have appealed on Radio WM, to whom I owe major thanks...they were great.
People in general.
The car drivers who stopped and helped to catch her as she ran across the lanes.

Bad news,
RSPCA - not an emergency not bothered.
PDSA - closed answer machine which was full only.
Dog Warden - answer machine and a number that did not ring.
Police - take it to Barnes Hill
B'ham Dogs Home..."No use"

We kept her in work today with me - she is now a BQ dog http://209.85.48.12/3444/133/emo/0004%23.gif we let her have the run of the back receiving yard (where wagons come in) she a good mile or so of yard secure, she is lucky is was our quietist day of the year delivery wise barring Xmas Day (when we are closed)
And in the offices in the warehouse where she slept while I did paperwork, a lovely dog.

A lady from work has taken her home for tonight so she is warm and safe and fed.

Anyone aware of a missing SBT bitch please PM me. We found her about 9am this morning. But she was running loose earlier than that we have been told.

Taking her to the vets tomorrow to see if she is chipped (fingers crossed)
Karen

Moofster
01-01-2008, 07:53 PM
oh my - heres hoping someone comes forward to take her home AND make sure shes not able to get out again.

Glad she was caught before anything else happened to the poor mite ! and that you and your friends are kind and caring to make sure shes ok :)

Erin
01-01-2008, 07:54 PM
awww poor baby,thank goodness you were able to catch her Kazz,well done you.really really hope she is reunited with her owners soon xx

Erin
01-01-2008, 07:56 PM
p.s. she sounds absolutely adorable :)

alexgirl73
01-01-2008, 08:13 PM
what a lucky young lady to have crossed your path Karen. So glad that she is now warm and safe and hopefully reuntied with her frantic owner tomorrow.

Mags
01-01-2008, 08:18 PM
Well done Kazz, you probably saved her life...... if she had stayed on that busy road much longer I hate to think what may have happened to her.

I hope her owner will turn up soon, they must be worried sick about her..

random
01-01-2008, 09:49 PM
I do hope her owner is found, well done to you for being there for her when she needed someone. x

Moli
01-01-2008, 10:13 PM
Hope she is reuntied with her owners soon...Good on you Kazz for stopping and picking her up, and the lady that has taken her hime..

Elaine
01-01-2008, 10:27 PM
Well done Kazz, fingers crossed the dog will be reunited with its owners tomorrow.

Kazz
02-01-2008, 07:50 PM
Happy ending.

I took the dog to the vets this morning my vets who scanned her and no chip.
Phoned police no dog reported missing.
Phoned the dog warden who said they could take her to keenels but not keen on that...

And the lady from last night was happy to keep her till Saturday, when my plan was to take my two up to my sisters (who is away) and bring the stray to mine. I figured I knew my two girs would be fine at my sisters but not sure about a stray. So rather if she wrecked anything (which she showed no sign) she wrecked my house http://209.85.48.12/3444/133/emo/0004%23.gif

Figured we could keep her warm and safe till we could find her a home rather than stress her with kennels - soft eh.

Came up with a plan and got our sign writers to do a large 6ft x 3ft signs and put them on the front of our boundary overlooking the main road saying "SBT found please ask in the store"
But before we could put them up, we heard we may have found her owners....having 189 staff asking questions of friends and neighbours causes a ripple effect. Plus a notice in the front store window...saying "SBT found ask within".

The people came down and it is their dog seems she wandered out New Years Day morning when their teenage son came home in the early hours....they had not noticed her missing till lunchtime as she sleeps with their eldest son and he did not surface till lunchtime they were over the moon the sons and Dad arrived as we handed her over in the store "safety I figured in case" to her faily she was obviously theirs http://209.85.48.12/3444/133/emo/0010%23.gif they had reported her to the RSPCA and had reported her to the police but a different station than we had phoned....lack of communication.

So she is back home safe and sound. Her name is Poppy and she is 15 months old.

Thanks for all the offers of help.

Elaine
02-01-2008, 07:56 PM
Aww bless, thats good news.:D

Mags
02-01-2008, 07:57 PM
Fantastic news Kazz......... another wanderer returned to home! :D

Annestaff
02-01-2008, 07:59 PM
Great news Kazz, so pleased Poppy and her family are reunited :smt026

Erin
02-01-2008, 08:00 PM
Thats fab news Kazz :D

alexgirl73
02-01-2008, 08:11 PM
great news, so nice to have a happy ending!

Donna
02-01-2008, 08:12 PM
Glad she found her family again.

yola
02-01-2008, 08:59 PM
That's a lovely ending . . . so pleased it's worked out for everyone!

Moofster
02-01-2008, 09:04 PM
phew, thats was a close one - great team work everyone !!

Moli
02-01-2008, 09:05 PM
That is good news, great to know she is back home safe and sound...Well done Kazz & Co...

Grete
03-01-2008, 07:50 AM
Just caught up with this, what a lovely ending :)

It's just brilliant the lengths you went to keep her safe and warm until her owners were found - not everyone would so *BIG HUGS*