PDA

View Full Version : Slightly Embarassing Prob for Misty

Donna
30-12-2007, 01:18 PM
Er... well, Misty was grabbing some of the foil stringy bits from a party popper the other day, and I have just noticed that she has a big bit of sparkly foil string hangin out of her bottom :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Not sure what to do.... tried pulling it out but it wont move :shock: :shock: :shock:

What do you suggest ladies? Will it come out eventually on its own :? :?

Stoopid Stoopid Misty :roll:

yola
30-12-2007, 01:26 PM
Donna, I would take her to a vet. It might be nothing, and be fine coming out on its own, but it could be that it's caught in/around her intestine and that can cause a problem.

Poor daft Misty LOL! fancy getting into the Christmas spirit to such an extent ;)

Moofster
30-12-2007, 02:02 PM
awww poor sweetie - as suggested best to take her to the vets. Best not to pull it either as Yola said it might be caught on something :(

Hope she gets rid of it soon !

babycakes
30-12-2007, 02:25 PM
Poor Misty Give it a day or too and if she isn't off her food or in pain it will probably come out naturally, if not then it may be caught on something!!! Bet she looks colourful though

Donna
30-12-2007, 02:45 PM
Poor Misty Give it a day or too and if she isn't off her food or in pain it will probably come out naturally, if not then it may be caught on something!!! Bet she looks colourful though

LOL anyone ever seen a cat with silver streamers coming out of her ar*e???? :-D :-D :-D Doesnt she know I have taken down all the decorations - must tell her to take hers down too LOL :-D :-D :-D

Mags
30-12-2007, 02:47 PM
I have gently pulled blades of grass that Cassie has had hanging out of her bottom with no trouble but a piece of stringy foil is a different matter, for a start it won't break so easily.:?

Personally I would see what she is like after she has had her next poo and if it hasn't passed right through her, ring your vet first to see what their advice would be...

Poor Misty :( ....... have had to keep a close watch on Cassie as well as she has started biting the tinsel - it's now moved out of her reach..:roll:

Just to look at it in a lightheartedly, the Christmas competition is still open until tomorrow Donna! ;):-D

Donna
30-12-2007, 03:02 PM
Well I have gone and bought some gourmet cat food and some tuna in oil, and given her some milk with water in to keep her fluid intake up. She is running about mad at the moment so will keep an eye on her.

Thanks for the advice so far - tis hard to know what to do, but have also asked my sister who has had animals for years and another friend who have owned cats for years so am ready for all eventualities!

Kazz
30-12-2007, 04:21 PM
I would let nature take its course. The best thing I suppose is unlike a dog who is liable to have eaten the whole party popper. A cat is likely to have just eaten the bit you can see,

Donna
30-12-2007, 04:23 PM
My sister says her dog is pooping tinsel at the moment lol

Grete
30-12-2007, 08:52 PM
Lol poor Misty! Not funny I know but in a way it is :) She just wanted to keep some decorations around for a bit longer ;)

Hope the rest appears soon :)

Moofster
31-12-2007, 03:26 PM
hows Misty doing today - any poop news :cat10

Donna
31-12-2007, 07:03 PM
Well she hasnt done a poop since sometime during the night on Saturday. So I would say since Sunday morning she hasnt been. I am a little on edge about it, but to be honest, I dont know how often she normally goes.

She is still eating fine, and drinking fine, and is bouncing around the house as normal....

When should I get concerned if there is no poop?

Soupie
31-12-2007, 07:07 PM
That's why we stopped having lametta and tinsel as one of our kittens (now a stately old man) spent a few days with some hanging out of his bott!

We let telephoned vet who said let nature take it's course and observed him carefully and he was fine but that was 13 years ago and they may suggest other treatment now.

Hope it comes out ok!

Donna
31-12-2007, 07:08 PM
Well I certainly wont be buying party poppers again - especially the foil string ones.

I assume the tissue paper ones would of disolved if she had ate them.

Soupie
31-12-2007, 07:17 PM
Well I certainly wont be buying party poppers again - especially the foil string ones.

I assume the tissue paper ones would of disolved if she had ate them.

I would have thought so re the paper ones. I'd keep an eye on the pooing - mine normally go every day at least once but she may be feeling a bit constipated. Is her belly taught and hard as if she is?

miki
31-12-2007, 07:17 PM
Poor Misty.
Hope everything will be OK!

Donna
31-12-2007, 07:30 PM
I would have thought so re the paper ones. I'd keep an eye on the pooing - mine normally go every day at least once but she may be feeling a bit constipated. Is her belly taught and hard as if she is?

No one has touched her belly and lived to tell the tale :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: She doesnt seem to be in any discomfort and she is now tucking into some Whiskas beef/jelly dinner.... her appetite certainly hasnt slowed.

dandysmom
31-12-2007, 11:55 PM
Have you tried one of the petrolatum products that help with the elimination of fur balls? The brand here in the States is Petromalt, it's a flavored gel in a tube that is tasty to cats. Even the fussy ones usually like it. As long as she's active, eating and acting normal I think I'd wait and see .....do keep us posted...poor Misty!

Moofster
01-01-2008, 11:53 AM
Have you tried one of the petrolatum products that help with the elimination of fur balls? The brand here in the States is Petromalt, it's a flavored gel in a tube that is tasty to cats. Even the fussy ones usually like it. As long as she's active, eating and acting normal I think I'd wait and see .....do keep us posted...poor Misty!

Good idea !
My Dino sometimes has a bit of trouble pooping :oops:
my vet did give me some meds, but I dont like to be always giving them to him.
So I just regular vaseline - petroleum jelly, just dabs some on the back of his paws and sit back and watch him have a wash of his life time. It doesnt smell so no worries on that front and it helps with a smooth movement :-D :-D

Hope alls ok with your sweetie !