PDA

View Full Version : Max and Oli have the runs.

northern lass
30-12-2007, 12:49 PM
Sorry for the title but both my kittens have runny poo (can't spell diahorea) - Max seems worse and he has smelly breath and was a little bit sick this morning (barely a spoonful)

Oli is drinking alot and both are running around as normal.

Having read the other thread I have stopped the wet food (Felix pouches) and am only feeding then dry food at the moment. I have also stopped them going outside (in case they pick something else up)

they were wormed on Friday (two days ago) - but that hasn't made any difference.

Is there anything I could get to help them or do I wait for the vet tomorrow (I hope theywill not go downhill :( )

Thank you in anticipation of your advise.

Donna
30-12-2007, 01:20 PM
I would suggest stopping their dry food and giving them plain chicken/rice or plain white fish/rice for a day or two and then slowly introduce food back as normal.

Make sure they are both drinking fine.

Moofster
30-12-2007, 02:07 PM
awww poor little mites :( As suggested above chicken & rice will help and plenty of water so they dont dehydrate.

Hope they are both well soon - keep us posted ;)

babycakes
30-12-2007, 02:22 PM
Oh dear I hope they are feeling better soon X

Mags
30-12-2007, 02:55 PM
Poor boys :( I agree with what has been said ..... give them only boiled chicken or steamed/boiled white fish for a few days until the diarrhoea has stopped.

It sounds like they have both eaten something that has disagreed with them........ I hope they'll feel better in a few days.

angieh
30-12-2007, 05:36 PM
So sorry to hear about Max and Oli - hope they get well soon. Do let us know how they get on.

northern lass
30-12-2007, 09:03 PM
Thanks for the advice,we all had boiled chicken for tea and I am keeping a close eye on movements :roll:

I am hoping thay it is something that will clear up soon, they don't like being stuck inside.

Thank you again, I will let you know how we get on. Having kittens is a lot of fun, but when they are ill it is just like when my kids are ill except they can't tell you what they have done or eaten !!

Moofster
31-12-2007, 03:24 PM
just checking in to see how your babies are doing today :cat20

northern lass
01-01-2008, 10:43 PM
They were both improving and loving the boiled chicken, unfortunately I left them with some dry Go-Cat (with milk nuggets !) as I have to go out today - since then Max has had really bad runs - so think he doesn't get on with Cows milk.

Will continue with chicken and rice ( not keen on the rice but woof the chicken down :) ) until all back to normal then avoid anything with cows milk (not natural for cats anyway, noticed that the whiskers cat treats I had in contained milk too :? )

Apart from the poo, both are fine and getting up to mischief as usual.

Thanks again for the advice - by the way anyone any good with 9 year old boys ? - mine has been in a bad temper since coming home today, probably due to staying up til 2 am for New Year - Happy New Year :roll: ;)

dandysmom
01-01-2008, 11:12 PM
LOL, no advice on the boy! Lots of cats are lactose intolerant; you can get cats milk for them if they're fond of milk. Keep up with the chicken and fish till their innards are settled and movements normal; hope they're better now!

Moofster
02-01-2008, 09:30 AM
Glad to hear they are on the mend :cat10

angieh
02-01-2008, 05:08 PM
It's good news that you have (I think) proved what caused it too - just keep off the cow's milk and they'll be fine!

northern lass
02-01-2008, 11:37 PM
Oliver is now fully recovered and Max is well on his way if looking a bit thin.

Here is a picture of them chilling out after their chicken dinner, their last food before the Snip tomorrow !! (feel a bit sad but I know it is for the best)

http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg184/jam3007/cats/Brotherschillingout020108.jpg

now to sort out my boy :)

Grete
03-01-2008, 07:16 AM
Glad they are on the mend :) Love that picture :)

northern lass
15-01-2008, 11:42 PM
Both now total back to full health and fully recovered from their snip !

Thank you for all the good advice.

Mags
15-01-2008, 11:46 PM
Good to hear your boys are in good health again!:D

Moli
15-01-2008, 11:47 PM
Pleased to hear the boys have recovered....

babycakes
15-01-2008, 11:53 PM
Glad to hear they are doing well and that really is a fantastic shot (crammed in like sardines but I bet they are soooo warm)

Megsy
16-01-2008, 10:32 AM
Glad to hear they are fully recovered. Great picture.

Grete
16-01-2008, 04:04 PM
Excellent news they are well again and nutless ;)

Some more pics would be great :)

Tom_J
16-01-2008, 05:30 PM
glad to here there back to normal, great pics ;)