PDA

View Full Version : Most Are Gone

Donna
29-12-2007, 06:04 PM
Yes!! Most of the xmas decs are gone... just the tree to go!!!

yola
29-12-2007, 06:17 PM
Wow - that's efficient of you :D I only have the tree and door wreath so thankfully don't have too much to take down. I have to admit to liking my tree up though!

Donna
29-12-2007, 06:21 PM
Cant stand the clutter. And cant get my head round having a tree indoors - whose idea was that?????????????????????

Moli
29-12-2007, 06:58 PM
One of my trees is down and all the decorations too, Just a tree in the lounge left...

Annestaff
29-12-2007, 07:14 PM
All ours are down :D

Mags
29-12-2007, 07:28 PM
I have to leave mine up as we are having a family get together on New Year's Day and the children love to see the decorations. :D

It will come down straight after though!! :-D

MrsH
29-12-2007, 07:40 PM
Come Twelfth Night the cats are really going to miss the tree - they've taken to "sheltering" underneath it in the lounge, just like they shelter under the conifers in the garden!

I love having the tree and the cards decorating the room but I don't have any other decorations up, when the kids were little we used to have paper chains and tinsel everywhere!

dandysmom
29-12-2007, 09:34 PM
I just have the wreath and cards on the mantel; will come down New Years Day....

alexgirl73
29-12-2007, 10:08 PM
you didn't put up a pic of your mantel this year Eileen lol.

yola
29-12-2007, 10:27 PM
I'll try and keep my tree up until twelfth night . . . I don't like the clutter either, hence my cards (despite OH's protestations) are in a tidy pile on the dresser, and there are no other decorations present. OH used to decorate the candleabras and mantles with holy, ivy, dried orange etc, but as it wasn't him that cleared up the mess I've now put a stop to that :roll:

And I think it was Prince Albert/Queen Victoria that first commenced the tradition of a decorated tree indoors . . . already practiced in Central Europe at that time and directly influenced by Albert's Germanic roots.

dandysmom
29-12-2007, 11:08 PM
you didn't put up a pic of your mantel this year Eileen lol.

Whoops! Your wish is my command, Alex.....

http://www.catsey.com/%5Bcenter%5D%5Bimg%5Dhttp://wwwdogsey.com/pics/30084DSCN1100.JPG%20%5B/img%5D%5B/center%5D

http://wwwdogsey.com/pics/30084DSCN1100.JPG

alexgirl73
29-12-2007, 11:50 PM
very nice ( I really just wanted another look at your fireplace lol, I love those tiles)

CathyW
30-12-2007, 12:16 PM
i only had my tree up. took that down yesterday, cards will come down 2morow. once christmas is over it seems pointless.
i have to keep the tree away from the dog he thinks its an indoor loo. LOL

Donna
30-12-2007, 01:02 PM
Got my daughter to take the tree down - she is doing it now. Just want to get back to normal!

Mags
30-12-2007, 02:57 PM
Whoops! Your wish is my command, Alex.....

http://www.catsey.com/%5Bcenter%5D%5Bimg%5Dhttp://wwwdogsey.com/pics/30084DSCN1100.JPG%20%5B/img%5D%5B/center%5D

http://wwwdogsey.com/pics/30084DSCN1100.JPG

Your mantle looks lovely again this year Eileen..:D

Moli
30-12-2007, 02:58 PM
Thats my other tree down, all back to normal now..

Moofster
30-12-2007, 03:18 PM
I'm a bit of a traditionalist and take mine down on the 12th night. It always looks so bare afterwards too :(
The cards were driving me crazy as the cats were sending them flying all over the place, so I have taken those down 2 days ago :-D :-D

Donna
30-12-2007, 03:26 PM
Any card we received went straight in the recycling box - didnt even put them up!!

Mags
30-12-2007, 04:00 PM
Any card we received went straight in the recycling box - didnt even put them up!!

That's a shame Donna, don't you celebrate Christmas at all?:?

Kazz
30-12-2007, 04:10 PM

Don't you like or celebrate Christmas

Donna
30-12-2007, 04:22 PM
That's a shame Donna, don't you celebrate Christmas at all?:?

Don't you like or celebrate Christmas

Dont believe in all that Jesus stuff, but do the present bits for the kids. Just hate all the clutter, expense and hassle involved with it all. :roll:

Kim
30-12-2007, 04:38 PM
Dont believe in all that Jesus stuff, but do the present bits for the kids. Just hate all the clutter, expense and hassle involved with it all. :roll:

Seems a shame that people have gone to the trouble & expense of sending you a card and you immediately recycle it! Have you considered asking people not to bother as you don't believe in Christmas?

I personally find the 'Jesus stuff' the most important part, but each to their own of course.

I agree it is expensive and a lot of extra hassle, but we had a lovely family Christmas and spent some good quality time together, so for me it is worth it. Be pleased to 'get back to normal' now though! ;)

Grete
30-12-2007, 08:49 PM
I decided not to put our small fibre optic tree up and the few decorations I like. Fizz likes to chew on things and I didn't think fibre glass would be very good for a kitty's throat. Wouldn't be so bad when we could supervise her but we were away a fair bit. I enjoyed families trees instead :)

Kazz
30-12-2007, 09:12 PM
Seems a shame that people have gone to the trouble & expense of sending you a card and you immediately recycle it! Have you considered asking people not to bother as you don't believe in Christmas?

I personally find the 'Jesus stuff' the most important part, but each to their own of course.

I agree it is expensive and a lot of extra hassle, but we had a lovely family Christmas and spent some good quality time together, so for me it is worth it. Be pleased to 'get back to normal' now though! ;)

Totaly agree with you there Kim. A lovely family Christmas had here too, I love the "sense of niceness" that Christmas brings about a sense of Goodwill to everyone.Happy New Year Kim,

Kim
30-12-2007, 11:50 PM
...and to you too Kazz!

angieh
03-01-2008, 07:22 PM
It must have been another thread where members were discussing when they took their trees down - the origins of Twelfth Night. I heard on Radio 2 today - if you miss taking your decorations down by Twelfth Night, they have to stay up until Shrove Tuesday, when they are taken down and burned and you cook your pancakes over the fire!!! My MIL (86) says she remembers her grandmother telling her that, so it must be true - she can remember what happened when she was a child, but not what happened 5 mins ago.

We took all our decorations down today - tree went out the window, dropping its needles all over. Place looks terribly bare.

yola
03-01-2008, 08:08 PM
OH and Dominik are deconstructing the tree as I type. I'm meant to be down here working . . . better get on then :D