PDA

View Full Version : if it's not one thing, it's another...

Tink
28-12-2007, 09:42 PM
okay, last post today on a negative note.

OH finally went to the doctor for me the other day...(long story short he has a condition that causes chronic blood clots and last year he had a heart attack and didn't go to the doctor till an artery was 90% blocked...oh, and two men on his father's side have died of this condition...yes, he is extremely stubborn)
they did an ultrasound and the jugular on his left side has completely collapsed and died...they say there is nothing we can do.
apparently you have your jugular on your right side too ( i didn't know that ) and that side is okay for now *fingers crossed*
at least we now know why he passes out at times and has high blood pressure..
they say all we can do is watch for the blood clots continuously...
i'm worried but he shuts down if i talk about it...guess i will quietly watch and try to make sure he is okay...
*end of depressing post*

alexgirl73
28-12-2007, 09:45 PM
Tink m'dear, you need a big hug and auntie Alex is sending you one now ((((((((((((((HUG))))))))))))))

Elaine
28-12-2007, 09:50 PM
Alex, dont smother the girl, let her breathe for goodness sakes.;)

men can be so stuborn and bull headed, especially when it comes to illness. Cant be easy for either of you. So sorry chum xxx. If he wont talk about it, you can always talk to some one here if it will help.
Sending possitive vibes over to you xxx

Tink
28-12-2007, 09:54 PM
Alex, dont smother the girl, let her breathe for goodness sakes.;)

LOL..elaine how am i supposed to be cranky when you keep making me laugh..hmmmm?

Kazz
28-12-2007, 09:54 PM
No idea how that post could be classed as a negative note....it sounded far from it to me. A little not so good news...but the best thing to gleen from it is now you know and understand what to look for and watch out for...and as I have had a little experience with being seriously ill - all you want is for your family those closest to you those you love the most - not to worry about it and walking about it makes it real.
Talking to others not as close works wonders for all concerned.

So chat here. :) and is there a group support group that you could join they are excellent for families as well as those who have the "condition"

You need a support network and that can take whatever form you choose.

Take care of yourself...Karen

dandysmom
28-12-2007, 10:13 PM
Very good advice from all; can't add anything but to say how sorry I am to hear it. Men can be so exasperating about talking things out! I think a support group is a great idea; and you know you can always talk to us here. Any chance you could speak to his doctor privately and get a little more information about possible dietary changes, etc? It might put your mind a bit more at ease....and (((hugs))) from me too....

Elaine
28-12-2007, 10:17 PM
LOL..elaine how am i supposed to be cranky when you keep making me laugh..hmmmm?

Laughter is the great healer, if you cannt laugh, get drunk:lol:

alexgirl73
28-12-2007, 10:19 PM
stop encouraging poor Tink to take up your bad habits Elaine!!!

Elaine
28-12-2007, 10:25 PM
stop encouraging poor Tink to take up your bad habits Elaine!!!

:shock: :shock: :shock:
I am deeply wounded by that remark Alex. As if i have ANY bad habbits.:-D

Kazz
28-12-2007, 10:29 PM
:shock: :shock: :shock:
I am deeply wounded by that remark Alex. As if i have ANY bad habbits.:-D

Elaine you have no bad habits...weird/odd/strange/ yes but bad nope.;)

Elaine
28-12-2007, 10:31 PM
Elaine you have no bad habits...weird/odd/strange/ yes but bad nope.;)

I can live with that:lol: :lol: :lol:

MrsH
28-12-2007, 10:39 PM
Tink - I'm sorry that your OH's way of "dealing" with this condition is to shut his mind to it, that makes it very hard on you. Is he on medication for the clottting? At least you can make sure he takes it when he's supposed to and that he keeps to the right sort of diet. Men can be very dense at times can't they?

Mags
28-12-2007, 10:41 PM
Men can be terribly stubborn when it comes to illness Tink, when my OH is ill I have to drag it out of him what is wrong! Maybe your OH doesn't want to talk about it as he is trying to block it out ....... that will do no good, he needs to share his feeling with you so that you are in a position to help him if, God forbid, anything happens.

Kazz's suggestion of getting in touch with a support group for his condition is an excellent idea ........ people with the same condition can help by sharing their knowledge and experience.

It's good that you can share your worries with us here as sometimes someone may offer some advice which you can share with your OH and he may be able to start opening up to you a bit more.

Meanwhile positives vibes to you both and ((((hugs)))) to you.. xx

babycakes
29-12-2007, 09:17 PM
Sorry to hear this Tink you must be worried sick. All you can do is tell him (in passing) that you will always be there for him, ready to listen if he wants to talk and that you love him very much