PDA

View Full Version : A visitor cat..

Luke
24-12-2007, 12:39 AM
For a while..we've noticed a huge hulk of a moggy hanging around near our house, a rather magnificent tabby and white. Thought nothing of it..cats are cats n wander.
The past few weeks as its gotten colder we've noticed he's out all day and all night, he is very well fed and is in rather good condition so he MUST belong somewhere. But he's always out, and Bella's always with him.
About a week ago, he snook in and we found him curled up on the sofa with one of the dogs [which also suggests he must belong somewhere]. And since then he's been in a couple of nights, I find myself checking for him now as I'd hate to think of him out all night in the cold which he is.
I wonder whether he DOES have a home, or whether he's been booted out by some cretin?
He's got no collar, but like I say looks and condition wise he can't be a stray!
Nobody seems to know where he comes from locally.
I don't think we'll put signs up or anything, as he dissapears off in the daytime a lot this week.
My theory-he has a home a fair bit away and is a roamer, he's found us as soft touches and worked his way in.
And after he was having cuddles on my lap whilst lying on his back giving me a view of his.."area", i also have a theory maybe he was the romeo who got Bella up the duff? Not forgetting our boys from that litter are ginger/ginger n white yes but one of the girls was tabby n t'other a tortie/tabby. So I do wonder? And He & Bella are very close, before he started coming in theyd always be out n nuzzling each other, and timewise it would fit as he was seen around May/June..but dissapeared in July, n the kits were born halfway through August.
Bella's been speyed now, but I'm thinking of either nipping this boy to the vets to get snipped or putting a collar on him with a note.
He's got to have a home, he's in far too good condition and is too friendly. A real old charmer actually.

Jac
24-12-2007, 09:45 AM
Maybe he's like Moli's Chancer?

Just because he's well fed doesn't mean he has his own home Luck. There is a possibility that a few people are feeding him.

I would put a collar on him and attach a note. Good luck.

Grete
24-12-2007, 01:00 PM
Yeh the note on his collar might be a good idea, add a phone number maybe? Fantastic he cuddles up with Bella :)