PDA

View Full Version : Jackets and coats

Whiley
22-12-2007, 09:00 AM
As i plan to walk my cat, and I've invested in his harness already, what would people suggest for coats and jackets in this nippy time of the year? How would their poor little naked footsies deal with the cold ground?

What would people suggest?

Tinker
22-12-2007, 09:37 AM
I wouldn't put jackets on a cat. His paws will be fine in the cold too. Ours have always gone outside to play in all temperatures, though they spend less time outside in the winter. I expect by the time you have introduced him to his harness the cold snap will have passed so you will have slightly milder weather to walk him in anyway.

Whiley
22-12-2007, 09:38 AM
Ah thats a relief!

ttilmo
23-12-2007, 12:26 AM
Hi
cats hate things being put on them and they really don't need coats when they go outside. They are designed to be outdoor creatures anyway so don't worry they will be fine.

dandysmom
23-12-2007, 03:23 AM
I agree; coats not only not needed, hated by them!! And their feet are fine in the cold; mine would walk, not as long as usual, but walk in snow as long as it wasn't too deep. Definitely not a problem!

Edited to say that is an excellent link on harness training! Thanks for posting it. Anyone interested in trying it should bookmark it; I've harness trained 5 out of the 7 cats I've owned over the years (one an adult), and agree completely with the info!

smudgley
23-12-2007, 12:21 PM
Your cat should have his/her own coat to keep him/her warm.

My cats are out in all weathers by choice, they cope well with it.

PS an intersting fact....... lots & lots of litters of stray kittens are born outside in the cold & survive with no problems, so a grown up adult cat can cope just fine. :cool:

ttilmo
23-12-2007, 02:16 PM
Hi
i'm glad you liked my link about leash training, unfortunately the moderators here have removed it, even though it was an information link and i was simply pasing on information.
I will therefore not be posting here anymore as i don't like this sort of censorship, i can fully understand it if i was posting an advertisement to a product etc but my site is prodominately an information site. So sorry everyone, :cry: best wishes Kate

smudgley
23-12-2007, 03:02 PM
sorry you feel that way, but it is clearly stated from the point of registration that links to other sites are not allowed. Hope you change your mind about leaving & continue posting here. :)

dandysmom
23-12-2007, 05:06 PM
Ooops, I didn't realize that was a forbidden link or I wouldn't have commented on it...:oops: