PDA

View Full Version : Stitches...

sammy
19-12-2007, 07:53 PM
Hi all. Some of you may remember that Purdie was spayed about 4 weeks ago and I was really worried about her pulling out her stitches.....:roll:

So, now I need some advice - two threads of stitches are still there in the wound. I was advised that they were dissolvable stitches that would be gone in about ten days, but they're still there...

I did a bit of googling and discovered that they can take a few weeks to go, but me being me, I'm worrying! Anyone else experienced this?

dandysmom
19-12-2007, 09:41 PM
They haven't dissolved yet? Do you think you could cut them yourself? That's what I had to do with Leia: she'd been spayed by the vet down in the country where my friend lives; they weren't dissolvable. My friend who was a RN told me how simple it was, but I was very nervous about it; afraid I might stab her with the scissors as she was very wiggly and thought it was a game! Took me two days but got them all. I was using a pair of small embroidery scissors...

smudgley
19-12-2007, 10:06 PM
Why not pop her back to the vets for a quick check. they shouldn't charge you for that (although you might want to check that before you go)

cybeeb
20-12-2007, 10:06 PM
We usually just stop at the vet (ours don't charge) and then while they are removing the stitches they also get a look at their tummy and make sure everything looks good!

Kay
21-12-2007, 05:02 PM
I would take her back and get them to remove what is left. They shouldn't charge as it is still part of the operation procedure. They can also check her over as Cybeeb says.

sammy
22-12-2007, 11:27 PM
Thanks all for your advice. Methinks Purdie heard the word 'vets' as lo and behold the stitches seem to have disappeared today!:-D

dandysmom
22-12-2007, 11:30 PM
Woo hoo, the magic word! All is well!!

cybeeb
24-12-2007, 01:40 AM
wouldn't it be nice if the word "vet" solved all our pet problems......

sammy
24-12-2007, 11:44 AM
wouldn't it be nice if the word "vet" solved all our pet problems......

Wouldn't it just!

Kay
26-12-2007, 09:30 PM
Glad the stiches have finally disappeared.