PDA

View Full Version : kitten with a lump on his jaw

northern lass
18-12-2007, 11:27 PM
Hi

I hope someone can help me, my 4 month old kitten - Oliver has a small lump on his bottom jaw, it doesn't see to worry him too much and there is only a small pink patch to the side of it , no blood or other oosing !

Is it an infected bite or could it be something else, he play fights with his brother all the time and has just started to explore the garden !

thanks

dandysmom
18-12-2007, 11:40 PM
Is this on the outside of his jaw, or in the mouth itself? How long has it been there? Is he pawing or rubbing it? Does he seem well otherwise: eating, drinking, toileting normally?

Mags
18-12-2007, 11:43 PM
How long has he had this lump?

dandysmom
19-12-2007, 05:17 PM
Bump...........

northern lass
19-12-2007, 10:54 PM
Oliver has had the small lump for about 3 days ( I noticed it on Monday) - it is about the size of a chick pea and hasa small red area on the side.

he is well in himself and eating and drinking normaly - perhaps a little quiet.

I think it is a play fight bite from Max.

I will phone the vet tomorrow, to make sure

Kay
21-12-2007, 04:59 PM
Sounds like his brother has caught him with his claw while playing. Bathe it with warm water and bicarbonate of soda, this is a great healer. Hope it improves.

northern lass
22-12-2007, 10:57 AM
Thanks for the advise, the Vet thinks it is a reaction to a fleabite, so we have de flead again ( I check him regularly and this must have been a stray flea :? )

He is having the snip after Christmas ( with Max) so will get the medical staff to check again then.

My daughter keeps saying how wonderful our "Free" cats are - perhaps I should get her to pay the vet bill next time :roll:

Happy Christmas