PDA

View Full Version : funny new habits...

Tink
18-12-2007, 10:53 PM
okay, at first, i thought i was just imagining....but the last week or so kuan yin has become quite human...
when i ask her a question, she NODS.
seriously!!! i've asked her if she wanted food and she nodded, then i asked her if she would like me to fill up the dog's water bucket so she could drink out of it easier and she nodded, then i asked her if she missed me when i came home and she nodded....
when i ask her other things she doesn't seem into she doesn't respond..just stares...so i have to think there's a difference since she seems very enthusiastic about whatever she just nodded to....or maybe i'm a crazy cat lady.
second thing: this morning i fed her breakfast and she ran in her room and literally wagged her tail like a dog and paced back and forth while still wagging her tail till i put the food down for her...and sometimes when she's playing with the puppy she will keep her mouth open and pant like her as our puppy does.
i wonder if this what happens to an "only cat" when she's raised with humans and dogs!!!!!:lol:

dandysmom
18-12-2007, 11:29 PM
That's interesting and strange! While they do recognize many words I don't believe she really knows what you're saying, so do you think she could be responding to some subtle body language that you're using without knowing you're doing so? Or maybe the tone of your voice is somehow implying that a "yes" answer is expected, and she's picking up on that? Cats are extremely good at reading nuances
,as they communicate among themselves by body language ...I honestly don't know; but it is very clever of Kuan Yin: I think she's training you!

Luke said his Clementine was raised by a dog, and does many doggish things......
never having had a dog I can't comment on this...
:

Grete
18-12-2007, 11:48 PM
Awww bless her :) I think DM is right tho, she's picking up on body language and tone of voice just as they would with other cats. She's a clever girl :)

And yes, cats do pick up dog traits when raised with them and think they are one themselves hee hee.

swerv
27-12-2007, 04:41 PM
okay, at first, i thought i was just imagining....but the last week or so kuan yin has become quite human...
when i ask her a question, she NODS.
seriously!!! i've asked her if she wanted food and she nodded, then i asked her if she would like me to fill up the dog's water bucket so she could drink out of it easier and she nodded, then i asked her if she missed me when i came home and she nodded....
when i ask her other things she doesn't seem into she doesn't respond..just stares...so i have to think there's a difference since she seems very enthusiastic about whatever she just nodded to....or maybe i'm a crazy cat lady.second thing: this morning i fed her breakfast and she ran in her room and literally wagged her tail like a dog and paced back and forth while still wagging her tail till i put the food down for her...and sometimes when she's playing with the puppy she will keep her mouth open and pant like her as our puppy does.
i wonder if this what happens to an "only cat" when she's raised with humans and dogs!!!!!:lol:

:lol: :lol:

pleasehelp
11-01-2008, 03:33 PM
my Frankie likes to read in bed with me before going to sleep. He holds the page with his paws and stares at the book until I turn the light out. :p

babycakes
11-01-2008, 05:22 PM
Well I don't know Tink cos Denis winks at me!!! and this happens when I ask him to (no other time). He talks back to me when I ask certian questions but not always in the same tone of voice and I swear he thinks he is a dog, he loves to get into water and always has, like when the shower goes on or I run the bath hes in like flynn! he wags his tail when he is happy not angry, like when he has his tummy rubbed or when he is falling asleep.

angieh
11-01-2008, 06:14 PM
I think it's these sort of stories that make the world go round for cat lovers! They're all wonderful and make me smile :D :D :D :D :D :D