PDA

View Full Version : Royal Canin

Molly's Mum
18-12-2007, 09:54 PM
Molly is now onto Royal Canin (well nearly!) and at the moment we are feeding her 'beauty'. We changed her over as she is 1.3 kilos overweight!! :shock: :shock: Our last vet never weighed her :roll: Anyway I was wondering is changing from 'beauty' to 'active' the same as changing the whole brand of food? Also Molly was previously on Science Plan and we have noticed she is drinking more water, is this normal?

smudgley
18-12-2007, 11:32 PM
Well I would imagine the active food is not the best move for a cat that needs to loose weight. I don't know much about the specific R/C foods you are talking about, but maybe R/C sensible or light would be a better way to go if she needs to loose weight? Unless she is a very active cat :?

Soupie
19-12-2007, 01:25 PM
Echo Smudgeley - the Fit series is for active cats not overweight ones. I personally wouldn't use sensible as unless the cat has a digestive problem then it's not really appropriate for an overweight cat. Try using the ones recommended for weight loss :)

Fran
19-12-2007, 01:51 PM
I use RC Sensible 33 for my cats as I have one that has a really sensitive tummy. All my cats thrive on it and I am very happy with it tbh. RC do one specially for overwieght cats, however. I think it's called RC light 38. Might be worth giving that a try?

Soupie
19-12-2007, 02:40 PM
I use RC Sensible 33 for my cats as I have one that has a really sensitive tummy. All my cats thrive on it and I am very happy with it tbh. RC do one specially for overwieght cats, however. I think it's called RC light 38. Might be worth giving that a try?

I use it for my one with a sensitive tummy and the others have the same but none of them are overweight. I was advised by RC that Sensible does help keep on weight and condition which is not really what an overweight cat needs - I wasn't really clear above ;)

Kay
21-12-2007, 05:13 PM
I would definitely make a move to Royal Canin Light. Do it gradually by mixing a bit at a time with the Beauty. Gradually increase the Light and decrease the Beauty over a week. This will hopefully avoid any tummy upsets.