PDA

View Full Version : The Adventure begins!!

Socks
18-12-2007, 09:30 PM
Ok..Socks is my Travel-buddy. He has his own little bag (Well..it's the Dogs too..) and he loves the car (...He sticks his head out the window XP ) and he loves to go on walks with his leash and all. (Basically he's a Dog :D )

So, For Christmas, I thought I would take him to Kitty Paws Cat Store in Nashville ^_^ I discovered this place when I spent the night at a friends house and we both went there to play with the hundreds of kittens (ALOT of kittens!) and pick out a nice collar for him and Maiah for thier Christmas present.

Thing is..Is socks has never been to a store. We took him into Pet-co once. He was a very small kitten and scared all the birds senseless, but he still was behaved ^_^ Well, He's bigger now...and more mischievous then he was.

Good thing I have a leash ^_^ But, I'm nervous about taking him. Lol. This place is Cat heaven X) It has a playground for them O_O;; There's a free-adopt a kittten room and there's over 50 kittens in there lol. It's crazy. But the people make good business :D So ya...Wish me luck ^_^ (We're going tomorrow)

dandysmom
18-12-2007, 09:48 PM
Exciting, but a bit scary! I think I'd have hesitated to take my most sociable cat, Dandy, to a big store full of other cats and people, even though he was harness trained and enjoyed car rides....good luck, do let us know how it went!!

Mags
18-12-2007, 10:03 PM
I've never heard of anything like that before :D I can imagine people would love it t but I'm not so sure about about taking a cat there..:? Will you be taking a cat carrier to put Socks in just in case he gets too stressed?

Good luck anyway, looking forward to hearing how you get on ....... and hopefully some pics!;)

Socks
19-12-2007, 11:13 PM
Well :D Everything went fine ^_^ He basically sat still in my arms, eye'd the other cats, and even started playing with a few of them. They didn't have that many cats there, maybe like 5 or so. All of them were trained and very calm so there were no problems at all. Socks played with them in the "jungle" (a VERY big cat-gym thingy) while I shopped for colars. I got two of them, pink and red and they have that safty click on it so if they get stuck, they can get loose.

Funny thing is, is that I also bought Cat-nip. Socks and Maiah have been cuddeling with that bag all day X)

But, the trip went well ^^ He slept on his way home as did I.

Mags
19-12-2007, 11:21 PM
I'm pleased everything went ok tonight, it sounds like Socks had great fun there...:D

I wish we had something like that over here! :lol:

dandysmom
19-12-2007, 11:27 PM
Glad it was a successful outing enjoyed by all! Socks is one laid-back cool cat!

alexgirl73
20-12-2007, 09:05 AM
That sounds like so much fun!! Wish they would open something like that over here lol!

Kay
21-12-2007, 04:10 PM
Sounds like Socks had a great time.

I don't think I would take any of my cats to something like that because of the risk of infection. You never know what the other cats may have. Do you have to prove that your cat has been vaccinated or not?