PDA

View Full Version : Do you believe this is true???

angieh
17-12-2007, 05:43 PM
A friend sent me some of these pictures in an email. I can't attach them here, but found their source easily enough. Here's the link:

http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=36LPw2xbL9cC&dq=painted+cats&pg=PP1&ots=0ZpRB3H8sK&sig=6X1cwdIbQi6VqWoZtIsmgn1qF5I&prev=http://www.google.co.uk/search?client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&channel=s&hl=en&q=painted+cats&btnG=Google+Search&sa=X&oi=print&ct=title&cad=one-book-with-thumbnail

The pictures must be real, mustn't they - but can anyone think of a reason why anyone would go to such lengths when cats are just so beautiful anyway????

(Having said that, I think the sun/moon cats are very attractive!). More money than sense perhaps????

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :shock:

Grete
17-12-2007, 06:44 PM
Good grief! What will people come up with next?!

HellBelle
17-12-2007, 07:39 PM
I suppose if the paint does the cat no harm and they don't mind being painted then it's ok. Hopefully no one would try this without using appropriate materials. I remember once (I think during the mid 80s) buying an American fashion magazine that had pictures of cats with human style makeup on them. That was very bizarre too.

random
17-12-2007, 08:55 PM
It is true, i've seen it before, but, er, not something i'd do on my own cats. ;)

dandysmom
17-12-2007, 09:39 PM
I couldn't get it to open, said I wasn't authorized or something similar. But I get the idea; cats are being painted; that is utter rubbish IMO!!!

Moli
17-12-2007, 10:45 PM
Personally think its awful. cannot understand why anyone would want to do that to any animal...

Whiley
17-12-2007, 11:01 PM
What a load of nonsense. And it will promote people to whack any old paint on their animals. How wrong is that.

I admit, on special occasions i use facepaints to paint my dogs, i've done it for Christmas, for stylised photography, etc, but its only little features, like swirls or holly leaves and berries on the back... and facepaint is free of nasty and harmful chemicals.

dandysmom
17-12-2007, 11:05 PM
I agree! Fortunately most cats would be extremely reluctant to allow that!

Megsy
18-12-2007, 11:00 AM
I think some people must have too much time on their hands. Why oh why would anyone want to or need to paint a cat. Crazy.

yola
18-12-2007, 11:50 AM
I can see that done well, it does have a certain aesthetic appeal. But on a moral and ethical level I don't agree with it in any way. It does send out the wrong message to the human race in general with regard to the respect of animals.

angieh
18-12-2007, 12:42 PM
Further to above (and I agree with all comments made), this is a link to the Homepage - hope you can open this one, Dandysmom -
http://www.whypaintcats.com/

I still have an inkling that the whole book is a big spoof. What if the author/artist took pictures of ordinary cats (if cats are EVER ordinary!) and then doctored the pictures? I do not know enough about clever computer techniques that can make anything look real. Just look at the way the fur is laying - could it look so normal if it had been dyed or painted? All the reactions provoked could still be real! Is that "sick" or "HaHaHa"???!!!

Evidently, it is a follow up to their previous book "Why Cats Paint" - featuring, you've guessed, pictures painted BY cats!

I'm just getting more confused thinking about it!

:? :? :? :roll: :roll: :roll: :shock: :shock: :shock:

dandysmom
18-12-2007, 05:01 PM
Thanks for the link, Angie; yes this one was OK. I read many of the comments and still think this is one of the most ridiculous things I have ever heard of! Gilding the lily indeed; cats are beautiful as they are. Aesthetics are obviously in the eye of the beholder; to me, those poor cats look grotesque!!!

Socks
18-12-2007, 09:11 PM
Wow...Just Wow O_O;;

....*Screams at socks* Comm'er Garfeild!! Imma gonna paint you pink :D

Kay
21-12-2007, 03:48 PM
Totally ridiculous. They have ruined the natural beauty of the cat by this awful graffiti,