PDA

View Full Version : bad/good news about Maiah's eye

Socks
16-12-2007, 06:51 PM
Bad thing is, is that I took her to 5 different vets (Kyle gave me some money to get her looked at) and each one said that it was an event that happened near birth. They tested her blood and did alot of tests and said that she looked very healthy, but they found grains of sand,dirt,and grime undernethe her eyelid and they said that it irritated the eye and caused the second eyelid to pop up. The eyelid turrned black and it can't be fixed (unless with some kind of surgery) but I can't afford that right now (After Christmas I can ^_^)

The good news is, is that the vets said that it is curable and the eye isn't too bad but it could worsen (become blind) in another year. Though, that may seem bad, she's a healthy kittie and very active. So, we're probally going to see about this surgery thing since all the vets said that the medication that the first one gave us, was for eye-dryness...which wouldn't help at all. So, we're going to look more into this surgery thing. Not really sure just yet though.

Mags
16-12-2007, 07:02 PM
Poor Maiah :( I hope you'll be able to afford this surgery for her soon as it would be heartbreaking if she went blind in that eye ........ She is such a sweet little cat..:)

dandysmom
16-12-2007, 10:02 PM
Oh I do hope you'll be able to have it taken care of after the holidays....good that they think it can be reversed and she won't lose the sight in that eye; she is a darling little cat!

Socks
18-12-2007, 08:42 PM
She is a great cat. I'm sick with the cold, and she came up to me and cuddled underneath my chin X) She's so fluffy. Oddly smells like fish though o.o;;

Kay
21-12-2007, 04:39 PM
Hope everything goes well with the op if you decide to do it. She is so gorgeous.

babycakes
21-12-2007, 10:16 PM
Hope Maiah is sorted soon. It must be really annoying her

random
21-12-2007, 10:45 PM
Best wishes for Maiah, x

Gaina
21-12-2007, 10:47 PM
Aww, I'm sorry she has to have an op but I'm glad it's curable. I hope she gets better soon :)