PDA

View Full Version : Best cat toy??

EmmaG
12-12-2007, 10:33 PM
I think has got to be tumbling bugs :) Me and the OH were killing ourselves laughing at our two playing with these, we got them from Wyvale £1.99 for two :)

http://www.pockoshop.com/index.cfm?id=557&cat=7&page=4

kado
12-12-2007, 10:37 PM
I yesterday got a toy which all of my cats play with. Its funny too see guinness playing as he is not very active. Its fluffy and on a stick and was only 1.49

Moli
12-12-2007, 10:37 PM
They look really good, may invest in some for my lot...thanks for the link Emma...:)

dandysmom
12-12-2007, 10:41 PM
The Kitty Tease has always been a favorite with mine; it's feathers on a mini-fishing rod .........

random
12-12-2007, 10:42 PM
My best cat toys ever were some mice made from real rabbit fur. I do not advocate the fur trade at all but a friend of mine had caught/shot the rabbits with her dogs for eating and she'd done this before for her own cats so she gave me a couple of real fur mice. They only lasted a couple of days before they were totally shredded but the cats went absolutely crazy for them and it was hilarious to watch.

Please don't buy real fur toys though unless you are 100% sure where the fur is from.

Tinker
12-12-2007, 10:45 PM
Ours have got toy mice and balls to play with, but prefer a chewed piece of string.
Pheobe was also playing with cat litter today :roll: I clearly have a really classy kitten there!!!

Tanya
13-12-2007, 12:12 AM
Oli has such a huge collection of toys that he actually has his own toy box now!

At the moment he loves water, so I have bought him a water fountain for christmas. He loves his jitter bugs too. I may look into getting him one of those tumbling bugs too! ;)

swerv
13-12-2007, 10:49 AM
nokia phone charger

straws

they go mad over sweet wrappers lol

JBalways2000
13-12-2007, 01:46 PM
the best shop bought cat toy is probably a tail tickler(which ends up being detached from the stick the second AJ or Raven see it:roll: ) or a laser pen which all the cats go mad for! i have bought far too many toys for them and they all get ignored. i bought them a thing in a bag and the only one that likes that is Rhino!

but the best cat toys are definately the ones that they steal :roll: straws are always being stolen and scattered around the house! and they adore cardboard boxes. whenever we get them toys online they are more interested in the box then the actual presents :mad: :lol:

yola
13-12-2007, 02:44 PM
I have never had much joy with actual toys, I've spent a fortune to no avail :( My two are usually oblivious! However, rolled up balls of paper and a torch shone on the floor in a dark room, and they revert to kittens :roll:

Darky
13-12-2007, 03:11 PM
With Honey, anything that moves is good.

I have countless toys for him, his favourite being plaited rope with balls and feathers on the end.

With my old cat Tiger (RIP) though, she preferred just long stems of grass over anything bought.

Grete
14-12-2007, 09:57 AM
Heheh I drive my hubby nuts by scrunching up bits of paper and throwing them for the cats which they love ;) The house gets covered in them :)

Bought toys would have to be the small foam balls - they bounce really well but the cats can carry them about to play with and they don't hurt your feet when you stand on them accidentally ;)

Bubbles has a long strip of fleece on a stick which she loves and drags it around with her.

Fizz has an orange fish on a string and stick that she adores and has to take it to bed with her every night. So last thing at night, she drags it up the stairs into our bedroom and in the morning she drags it down again ;) The toy was actually one of the things Smudgely gave us when we adopted Fizz!

I bought them one of the laser toys but it never worked properly :(

Oh and boxes, they loooove boxes ;)

sarah5
19-12-2007, 09:45 PM
My 3 year olds' battery operated trains that whizz round on the train track, Scrabble will follow them around the track pouncing on them for hours lol!!!!!!

Failing that, just whizzing a toy car along the floor does the trick too !!!!

Kay
21-12-2007, 04:03 PM
I have to agree with Yola mine prefer home made toys. Cardboard boxes, bags, rolled up paper balls but most of all a crisp packet folded up and tied like a bow. They all go beserk for them even Tate.