PDA

View Full Version : My Brother.

Jac
11-12-2007, 07:31 PM
For those of you that don't know. My brother Gordon had bowel cancer a few years ago. He had part of his bowel removed and chemotherapy. A while after he was given the all clear.
A couple of years later cancer was discovered in his liver. He went back into hospital and had part of his liver removed. He was given the all clear again but no chemo was needed as they had got it all.
Then a few weeks ago he went for his M.O.T as he calls it. Cancer was discovered in his liver again.
His case came up for discussion with the surgeons yesterday. They didn't have all his records, so my brother has to wait another week before they review his case again. They want to know his chemo history. I ask you in this day and age surely this information should be available at the touch of a computer button.
Poor Gordon now has to wait another week to find out if they are 1/ going to operate first 2/ have more chemo then an op or 3/ they can put wires into the cancer and try to shrink it then operate.

alexgirl73
11-12-2007, 10:02 PM
So sorry to thear that he is having to go through this Jac. It sounds like he has had a terrible last few years of it. Fingers crossed that they manage to get him sorted this time.

Jac
11-12-2007, 10:07 PM
I really hope so too Alex. To be given the all clear once is bad enough but twice????
He's taken it really badly this time. I just wish it was in his kidneys the we would have more chance of helping him. He could have one of mine in a split second.
Oh well we will see what Monday brings. My poor Mum is beside herself.

dandysmom
11-12-2007, 10:17 PM
Oh Jac, what to say? I agree that it's absurd to have to wait so long for the medical records; the suspense of waiting can't be good for Gordon....nor you or your mum either....:( (((hugs )))

Kim
11-12-2007, 10:34 PM
I remember your posts about Gordon Jac. So, so sorry he is going through this again. Needless to say lots of prayers for you and your family today. ((hugs))

Jac
11-12-2007, 10:37 PM
Thank you both.

yola
11-12-2007, 11:14 PM
Jac - I hope that the doctors get their fingers out and do what Gordon needs in order to get him well again. You and your Mum must be going through hell with all the prevarication. Lots of love to you both; I hope Gordon proves them all wrong!

How's your Uncle?

Grete
12-12-2007, 12:23 AM
Doh that's awful news :( Something positive tho about the liver - a lot of it can be removed and it regenerates - is the only organ in the body that can so that at least is something if they can get it all by surgery. Positive vibes coming through.

Jac
12-12-2007, 08:39 AM
Thank you all.

Yola, were still waiting to find out when my uncle is to go in. (they have just found cancer in his kidney)