PDA

View Full Version : Why do some people not listen?

Jac
10-12-2007, 04:07 PM
Sorry I'm a bit of a grump today.

A couple of weeks ago Derek's cousin called and asked if she could visit with her OH and two dogs? I told her she was welcome but would have to leave the dogs in the car (one is a lurch er and the other a terrier cross) she said the dogs would be ok with the cats, My answer was no as the cats aren't used to the dogs. Well she paid heed and left the dogs in the car.

Yesterday I was in the kitchen when I heard voices in the living room. Here was the said cousin with her DOG. I was livid! Abi went into hiding Caspurr was a bit inquisitive. Later Derek came home and asked her to stay the night:evil: . I don't dislike her but she does get on my nerves with a couple of wines under her belt.

To cut a very long story short, I thought as the night progressed I'd be better making my excuses and going to bed early.

When I got up this morning I discovered that the dog bit Ceilidh on the face:twisted: She has slight bruising to her cheek and neck. Seemingly Caspurr was staring at him and he turned on her:twisted: Plus one of my little monsters poo'd at the back of the litter tray. Stress or what?

I am soooo angry. Why not adhere to my wishes and not bring the dog!

Fran
10-12-2007, 04:28 PM
Gosh Jac :shock: I'd be a lot more than livid!!! :evil: After she had had a piece of my mind, I doubt very much that she'd want to visit again anyhow! I hope you have told her how you feel about it all?!

Jac
10-12-2007, 04:38 PM
Oh I have Fran. I dont think she will ever visit again:smt026 . I wanted to avoid any nastiness as I was getting so wound up. Hence I went to bed but this morning when I found out all this I exploded!!!!
She left in tears and you know what? I dont care.

yola
10-12-2007, 04:52 PM
THE DOG BIT CEILIDH????? :shock: :shock: :shock:

I would have gone absolutely up the wall at that and shown her and her dog the door on the spot! Was this after you went to bed? What did Derek have to say about that???

Some people have zero consideration for others!

Jac
10-12-2007, 05:04 PM
Yola, he bit her face!!! and got some teeth marks on her neck.
I was fast asleep, I'd taken a sleeping tablet as I was so angry.
When Ceilidh told me I nearly died, it was the first thing I saw on her face. Luckily he didn't break her skin but it is bruised. I'll see if I can get a photo.
Anyway Derek went ballistic and shut the dog in the hall. He said he was going to send her packing but she was too drunk to drive.
Ceilidh is ok now but was really shook up. And I was asleep some Mum eh?
Then to add insult to injury, I found my old fashioned silver sugar dish next to the couch used as an ASHTRAY.

MrsH
10-12-2007, 06:59 PM
Dear Heavens! what are some people like? How is Ceilidh now, I hope this doesn't make her nervous around dogs after this.

alexgirl73
10-12-2007, 07:02 PM
Jac, dont you DARE beat your self up!! You are an excellent mum. And as for that woman, I shan't say whay I would have done to her. But needless to say Ceilidh wouldn't have been the only one with teethmarks!! Poor baby, I hope she is ok, give her a hug from me xx. (and the poor wee frightened kitttes too)

Kim
10-12-2007, 07:10 PM
I would have been livid that the dog bit Ceilidh's face too. Do you know thew circumstances of why they did this? As for her using your dish as an ashtray, that is disgusting!!! (but then I don't allow anyone to smoke in my home)

Jac
10-12-2007, 07:18 PM
Ceilidh seem's to be ok. She's very pale and quite quiet. If she is the same tomorrow I'll take her to the Doc. Just to make sure she's ok.

The Dog was on the sofa (which I don't allow) Ceilidh was sitting next to him. Caspurr was staring at him and he turned on Ceilidh. That's what I was told. Derek was on the other sofa. I was fast asleep:roll: .

I smoke but don't and haven't for a long time smoked in the living room. I'm just calming down now.

Alex, cuddled..

yola
10-12-2007, 08:34 PM
Jac - as Alex says, don't you dare blame yourself! Derek is as much her father as you are her mother and he needs to hang his head in shame . . . and it was HIS relative. All you were doing was diffusing as tense situation by removing yourself from it.

I hope she'll not darken your doorstep again :shock:

Grete
11-12-2007, 09:37 AM
I cannot believe this woman, what an inconsiderate B****!!

You can't blame yourself either, you aren't responsible for what other people choose to do and she chose to blatantly ignore your wishes in YOUR home. That it led to Ceilidh being hurt is not on you but on her for ignoring you and on Derek for not backing you up.

That she used your dish as an ashtray is just disgusting. It wouldn't matter if you allowed smoking in your lounge, you just don't use any available object as an ashtray, you ASK first.

Sheesh I am fuming on your behalf!!

I hope Ceilidh is OK and gets over this, it would be such a shame for a natural with animals to end up nervous around dogs :( Maybe in the near future, arrange for her to spend some time around dogs you know are gentle?

Jac
11-12-2007, 10:28 AM
Ceilidh is a lot brighter today. She said that the dog had hurt her feelings and that she had been very frightened.

As for the cousin she is not welcome here. I have told Derek that and he agree's.

I think it would take a lot to put Ceilidh off dogs but with kids you never know.

If my back holds up the way it's been with the injections. In the new year were thinking about getting a wee staffie. That's a secret though.

yola
11-12-2007, 11:09 AM
In the new year were thinking about getting a wee staffie. That's a secret though.

Don't worry Jac, we won't tell anyone ;)