PDA

View Full Version : Internet providers!!!!

Fran
10-12-2007, 10:37 AM
Ooooh I am angry, I have decided to move from Tesco Broadband as the slow speeds are really getting me down. I have signed up with Sky broadband but I need a MAC code from Tesco inorder to get the Sky one under way. Last night Tesco said it would take up to 48hours to issue a MAC code. I have spoken to them this morning and now they are saying 3-5 days :evil: Does anyone have any idea how long it should take to issue a MAC code??

yola
10-12-2007, 11:19 AM
Sorry Fran - no idea. It sounds like they are doing their utmost to make moving difficult for you.

Every little helps??? Not in this case!

Kim
10-12-2007, 09:30 PM
When we moved from Wanadoo to talktalk it took ages for them to issue a MAC code, but I think that was because they had had so many requests due to the the talktalk offer being so good. Just keep nagging them Fran, that's what I did and it worked!

Fran
10-12-2007, 11:55 PM
Thanks both! I certainly will keep nagging them Kim!!

babycakes
11-12-2007, 01:23 PM
God Fran Don't talk to me about internet providers.... we were with Tiscali and going to change to sky just because we ordered the box. Turns out they couldn't access the line form BT in our area. So we went to go back to tiscali, however Sky had put a marker on the phone line and we couldn't get it removed ( sky said they hadn't for over 2 weeks) then it took two weeks to have it removed now maybe on Friday we might be up and running again, ( it's been so stressful and a complete nightmare) 48 hrs after you have requested the MAC code by post they can give it to you over the phone

Fran
11-12-2007, 01:43 PM
Blooming eck BC, sounds like you have had a real headache with it all :shock: It's such a pain all this techno stuff, I'm having as many problems trying to switch my website server :roll:

babycakes
11-12-2007, 05:00 PM
I thought it would be really easy to do but it has now been 2 months without the internet. This has affected all kinds, on line banking, business transactions for OH, course work and emailing essays for university and of course and most importantly shopping on line for xmas!!! (only joking bout the last one but not the others)