PDA

View Full Version : Help Denis to chill out

babycakes
07-12-2007, 12:17 PM
Could I draw on everyone's knowledge please. I know you have advised before for other people so I appologise for repeating the thread but my server is still down at home and I am not able to trawl the site for long in work.

As you may or may not know we are having a lot of building work done on the house and although Denis is coping better than I thought I am still worried about him. ( we qaited to get it done until we thought he would cope with the noise and comings and goings).
We lock him in our bedroom of a day with the radio on, all his toys, food and litter tray. He gives me cuddles before I go to work and when I get back but he has massive pupils all the time and I know he isn't sleeping as he can't chill (jumping at every noise). As most of you know he was a very nervous cat when we got him and we have come a long way but I am concerned that I could do more to help him chill.

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated please

Moli
07-12-2007, 12:52 PM
Have you tried rescue remedy, or a feilaway diffuser???they sould calm him down...

Jac
07-12-2007, 03:15 PM
You can also get calm-eze tablets from a good pet shop. There made by Johnsons.

Elaine
07-12-2007, 08:01 PM
I go along with what others have said and maybe even some where dark for him to hide, a cardboard box with a blanket over it or something.
Poor Dennis, must be very distressing for him, hope the building work gets finnished soon.;)

Fran
07-12-2007, 08:30 PM
Agree with the others but do bear in mind that Feliway diffusers can take about a month to start taking effect. The Feliway spray might be a better option?? rescue remedy is good also. Have you thought about consulting a homeopathist? I have had many successes using homeopathy for various things. If you want the details of a reputable homeopathist, pm me and I'll let you have the details of mine. Good luck, I do hope things start to improve soon x

Grete
08-12-2007, 08:23 AM
Poor Denis :( I can only echo what has already been said - Start on the Feliway in that room and give him a box or something that he can hide in and feel safe.

babycakes
11-12-2007, 12:55 PM
Thank you everyone.
I have bought him a hooded pyramid bed whichhe is using(he previously hid in the duvet) and I am trying the rescue remedy. As its only early days I will keep you informed.