PDA

View Full Version : Advice for a friend

kado
07-12-2007, 11:19 AM
My friend has got 2, 8 months old cats and a 10year old one. They are little girls and one is bullying the other by bitting her neck ,she squeels and she then runs away and then hides. She wants to get a home for the one that is bulling. I think this could be normal behaviour for the kitten where she is trying to be the boss. They are not speyed but dont go out they will probaly be indoor cats. Could she do anything to stop her behaviour.

jane

Jac
07-12-2007, 03:19 PM
To be honest Jane I'm not sure. I have a male (neuter) and a girl (intact). They do this, are both under a year but seem to take it in turns. they seem to make a game out of it. Sometimes it does get a bit rough but the other always gets it's own back:lol: .

Dont know if that helps any. Did she get them at the same time? Are they the same age?

kado
07-12-2007, 03:48 PM
Yes they are from the same litter and deffinetley girls and are about 7- 8month old.

dandysmom
07-12-2007, 05:51 PM
It sounds like slightly agressive playing to me. Even if they will be indoor cats I suggest that they be spayed; they will keep coming into season and calling; and tom cats have been known to get in....:roll: also being entire and not bred can cause medical problems later in life.

Elaine
07-12-2007, 08:08 PM
I'd advise your friend to have them spayed but it sounds like normal behaviour to me and one being more dominant then the other. Play time with them is a good way of boosting a cats confidence, especially if they are indoor, with those fishing rod type toys and let the more timid one win.
As long as no blood is being drawn, I wouldnt worry too much, cat fights can look worse than they are and they can make the most awful noises, Eva always sounds like she is being murdered and thats only when Bernie chases her.