PDA

View Full Version : Poor Queenie (she is going to be a real grump

PaulaB
06-12-2007, 12:40 AM
Before I went on holiday I had the cats innoculations boosted in case my mother went into hospital. Socks panaked so much that he left wet paw marks and the vet thought he might have a heart murmour (he doesn't) Tippy threw a sulk and walked around the house thumping anything on 4 paws and glowering at us. Poor Queenie was found to have a bad tooth (one of the small ones on her lower jaw between her canines) the vet said its got to be removed and it is on 11/12 at 9 oclock in the morning. As the 3 cats sleep and eat in the kitchen this means no dinner for the lot of them and only light food the day of the operation. I do hope Socks keeps out of his mum's way because she can be a bit of a grumpy old moo at times.

Grete
06-12-2007, 09:25 AM
Before I went on holiday I had the cats innoculations boosted in case my mother went into hospital. Socks panaked so much that he left wet paw marks and the vet thought he might have a heart murmour (he doesn't) Tippy threw a sulk and walked around the house thumping anything on 4 paws and glowering at us. Poor Queenie was found to have a bad tooth (one of the small ones on her lower jaw between her canines) the vet said its got to be removed and it is on 11/12 at 9 oclock in the morning. As the 3 cats sleep and eat in the kitchen this means no dinner for the lot of them and only light food the day of the operation. I do hope Socks keeps out of his mum's way because she can be a bit of a grumpy old moo at times.

Aww sorry they are not happy, Bubbles always leaves sweaty paw marks when she's at the vets :(

Curious about the food situation for the operation, usually it's no food after midnight and none at all the day of the surgery. I know any time mine have been through it, that has always been the rule, same as humans. I don't mean to sound alarmist but it might be worth double checking it.

Anyway, hope Queenie comes through OK, Bubbles recently had 2 teeth removed and she was a changed cat afterwards, she had been so grumpy beforehand, I think her teeth had really been bothering her.

Jac
06-12-2007, 10:21 AM
I'm with Grete on that one. I'd double check the food thing. When any of my animals have needed a general anesthetic it's always been no food after 7pm the night before and nothing the morning before going in.

I hope she gets on ok after the removal.

PaulaB
06-12-2007, 01:17 PM
Aww sorry they are not happy, Bubbles always leaves sweaty paw marks when she's at the vets :(

Curious about the food situation for the operation, usually it's no food after midnight and none at all the day of the surgery. I know any time mine have been through it, that has always been the rule, same as humans. I don't mean to sound alarmist but it might be worth double checking it.

Anyway, hope Queenie comes through OK, Bubbles recently had 2 teeth removed and she was a changed cat afterwards, she had been so grumpy beforehand, I think her teeth had really been bothering her.

He said no food after 7pm previous night. I don't think it will kill them to miss 1 meal but its going to be gumpy night with all of them, what I meant about the food on the day is the vet says only a light supper on the night after the operation. I hate put cats under or ops, I will get my mother (we live together) to watch her that night as I am on night shift that day (7pm til 7am) I am hoping she will be a little less grumpy, but considering she bit Socks where the vet got him when he got neuteured I am not counting on it.

PaulaB
13-12-2007, 08:54 AM
I got Queenie back at 1600 last night. Iwas told that she lost 2 teeth on the bottom and 1 of her canines!!!!!!!!!!!!! The trouble is all the growling spitting and chasing around between her and the other two!! I have rubbed her over with the towel used to wrap them, she rolled over the sratching post. Can anyone please suggest a way that this growling etc can be got rid of.