PDA

View Full Version : breeding inquiry

dawnylouise
01-12-2007, 07:52 PM
after having feedback from some of you today it looks like i may have purchased a cat not fully what i was expecting. the lady that took my deposit also told me the kitten was registered as non active but that this could be changed by filling out a form so i can breed my new bundle of fun. does anyone know if this is correct.:? :?

swerv
02-12-2007, 01:06 PM
not too clued up on breeding but thought you couldnt change them if they were on the non active? thats why the active ones go for a lot more money?

charliebubs
02-12-2007, 01:07 PM
Only the breeder of the cat can change it from the active to non-active register - you can't do it yourself.

Cats sold on the active register do sell for a lot more money.

It does sound as though you have been misled :(

random
02-12-2007, 01:36 PM
Only the breeder can change it, and most kittens are sold on teh non active register (from responsible breeders anyway) as it's so hard to tell at the age they leave homes if they will grow into adults worth breeding from. The ones that are sold as kittens on active register (usually to other breeders) don't always go for a lot more money.

Kazz
02-12-2007, 03:47 PM
Now I am a novice but I know that you as the owner cannot change a cat from non active to active...only the breeder can.
And I have understood this to be so only the best examples of the breed can and will be bred from.

Karen