PDA

View Full Version : I think Honey is feeling a bit poorly.

Darky
01-12-2007, 12:34 PM
I think it's just the winter weather catching up with him - as our cats always have an off day or two in this season. Anyone else get that?

He normally calls to come indoors in the morning, but today I called and called, but nothing.. Then he suddenly waltzed in from out of the outdoor laundry basket, which is right by the door. o_O So I don't know what took him so long.

Now he's just kind of... 'Blah'. The day before last he was a bit like this, but then yesterday perked up and chased me around the house as usual. Today he's just sort of tired and inactive. He doesn't look depressed like I'm used to with very ill cats, he just seems very neutral and out of character. He's not even gotten super excited and chased Spike around the house like he does every day.

He even ignored a prawn that I offered him, so I know that something's up. XD I'm hoping that it's just a little bit of winter ickyness and nothing more, or perhaps he ate something unpleasant.

Darky
01-12-2007, 05:22 PM
He's had a lick of cream but still hasn't eaten anything. He went out to go to the toilet, and followed Spike around before changing his mind and coming back indoors. He spent a while just following me around looking upset - and when I picked him up, he made a very sorry sound.

After lots of cuddles, he's sound asleep on the kitchen table again. I hope that this passes soon, as it's so strange to see such an energetic little cat act this way.

Darky
02-12-2007, 10:21 PM
Honey is still feeling poorly today. He managed to eat some dinner last night, and seemed better this morning - following me around, meowing at me until he could jump on my lap for a purr session.

He had some breakfast, and some tuna - but then fell back into a state of 'blah', sleeping on the table all day.

He refused to touch his dinner earlier, so.. I decided to try a Tiger trick, from when she was alive and had difficulty eating, and I had to find a way to convince her to eat.

I fed him a little bit by hand (ew), then switchedto a teaspoon, and he managed a couple of spoonfuls but refused to eat anymore. I'm happy, because it's better than nothing. C:

Mags
02-12-2007, 11:00 PM
I hope Honey will feel better soon ........... if he's isn't any better tomorrow, it may be wise to let the vet have a look at him..:?

Elaine
02-12-2007, 11:11 PM
Poor Honey. I hope she picks up again very soon. A wee vet visit might shed some light on the matter. She may have a slight temperature or something.
Poor baby xxx

Darky
02-12-2007, 11:17 PM
We've felt his ears and whatnot, and he doesn't feel hot or whatnot, and generally seems fine but just a little bit out of it.

If he isn't better later tomorrow, I shall most likely make him an appointment. Though it'll be awkward, what with Christmas coming up, and me trying to pay for everything with Job Seekers Allowance at the moment.

Elaine
02-12-2007, 11:22 PM
I can apreciate that. Is there a PDSA near you? I just tend to worry more when they go off their food.

Darky
02-12-2007, 11:38 PM
Unfortunately there is not.

I'm going to try and get him to eat a bit more now, and do the same tomorrow morning in hopes that he starts becoming fond of his food again.

Elaine
02-12-2007, 11:41 PM
You could try warming her food a little, adding a little gravey or try a strong smelling fishy food.
I hope Honey has her appetite back very very soon xxx

dandysmom
02-12-2007, 11:44 PM
Going off his feed concerns me. If you can't tempt him to start eating (the hand-feeding is a good idea), I think I'd schedule a vet trip ......

Hope he perks up and is better tomorrow; do follow-up with us....

Darky
02-12-2007, 11:45 PM
I can't get him to eat anymore, but he's drinking milk. C:

I shall try warming it up and mixing a bit of tuna with it or somesuch. C:

dandysmom
02-12-2007, 11:48 PM
Milk with tuna in it?! Sounds weird, but hey, if it works....maybe some sardines, if he likes fish...and a bit of the oil..

Darky
02-12-2007, 11:57 PM
Milk with tuna in it?! Sounds weird, but hey, if it works....maybe some sardines, if he likes fish...and a bit of the oil..

XDDDD Nono, I meant the cat food! *Snort*

I seem to have success!

He was happy to eat a little bit of cooked chicken left over from the dog's dinner, and he would happily eat tuna, so..

I warmed up his food, then mixed in some tuna with it - and he finally started showing interest. Instead of ignoring me like he has been, he was by my feet on the floor, meowing for food. Rather delicately moving and still sounding weak, but at least he was interested.

He's now eating it on the table, and I shall go and check on his progress in a few minutes. C:

EDIT: I've also just done the same with our cat Spike's dinner. He didn't eat it, and didn't eat much breakfast today. He hasn't shown any ill symptoms like Honey, but I'd rather he ate something, so now they're both eating. C:

dandysmom
03-12-2007, 02:33 AM
Hee hee, sorry about that; did sound as if you were putting the tuna in the milk...:-D ! (Yuck)

Anyway, good that everyone is eating; may it continue! (((hugs)))

Mags
04-12-2007, 09:27 PM
How is Honey today, Darky?

Gaina
06-12-2007, 08:22 PM
This sounds *exactly* like what Billy had a few weeks ago. Someone else we know has a cat who also went like this.

Has your cat just had its' vaccinations? My vet thinks Bill had a reaction to his (he's often lethargic but nothing like this had happened before).

If it's the same thing then Billy started getting better after about 3 days, but it's very worrying I know.

Hope Honey feels better soon :)

Kay
09-12-2007, 09:41 PM
Hope Honey is feeling better. I read somewhere that cats can suffer from S. A. D. like we can. I will try and find the link.

Darky
12-12-2007, 03:03 PM
I'm glad to report that both kitties are doing much better.

They're both eating fine now, but have both had little coughs which are also now on the mend. C:

dandysmom
12-12-2007, 05:06 PM
Good news! Hope the coughs improve also!

Gaina
12-12-2007, 07:09 PM
Oh that's a relief! I'm glad everyone is feeling better :)

Darky
13-12-2007, 03:15 PM
Honey's cough seems to have cleared up completely today, and Spike is a lot brighter, so. C: Much happier kitties again.

Mags
13-12-2007, 04:12 PM
Good to here the kitties are well again! :D

dandysmom
13-12-2007, 05:11 PM
A happy ending!!