PDA

View Full Version : Christmas do you buy extra..

Kazz
29-11-2007, 07:09 PM
Hello all I was just wondering do you buy extra food bits and pieces at Christmas and then wonder why?

And if you have "extra special" things you couldn't have christmas without what are they?

MrsH
29-11-2007, 07:16 PM
This has struck a chord!

I always buy nibble-things, nuts,cheesy savouries, pretzels and keep the dishes topped up throughout the Christmas period. No wonder I always put on weight! The trouble is that round about Easter I find various unopened or half-used packets at the back of the shelf and no-one wants them!

I simply couldn't be without Chocolate Gingers and Bendicks Bittermints, yummy! The strong flavours are just right for Christmas.

Donna
I have been buying a few bits more every week and putting it away... things I would never buy unless it was Xmas. Dont know if they will get used or not... but feel I have to do it!!!!

Moli
I do buy a lot more fancy things to eat at Christmas...

Kazz
29-11-2007, 07:18 PM
See I wonder why we "feel" we have to do it....I was looking through the MS Christmas leaflet thing and choosing thing I liked to buy then when I looked at the list it hit me like a ton of bricks what am I doing???????

Saying that I adore After eights at Christmas

Donna
29-11-2007, 07:21 PM
I have a few boxes of After Eights already.... keep forgetting I have got a box and buy more... well thats my excuse!!!

Mags
29-11-2007, 07:39 PM
I always buy extra bits and pieces and just as well as it all goes!:D I usually have eight people for Christmas dinner and for dessert I usually have a choice of Christmas pud, mince pies, sherry trifle and fresh fruit........ accompanying that is a choice of brandy butter, double cream, icecream and custard.

In the evening I do a big buffet spread including bread rolls (brown & white); a plate of cooked meats (turkey, cooked ham and beef); a bowl of mixed salad; sausage rolls; pizza slices; quiche; various mixed boxes of buffet food from the supermarket; trifle, fresh fruit, Christmas cake, mince pies, chocolate fingers, fancy cakes; nuts and crisps.

I've never wondered why because everyone appears to enjoy it and if there's anything left over, they know they can take it home if they wish..:lol:

Kazz
29-11-2007, 07:40 PM
Well Mags make that 9 for dinner this year......:)

Jac
29-11-2007, 07:47 PM
I always buy extra. Normally treats that we eat for ages after:-D

Elaine
29-11-2007, 08:07 PM
I buy too much nibbles and snacky foods too, oh I also buy too much booze too and since Graham doesnt drink......:-D

alexgirl73
29-11-2007, 08:14 PM
not really tbh. I usually just buy the 'stuff' lol, for Christmas dinner, as when I have bought extra in the past it has been wasted. As we dont really have any family to have over at Christmas or new year theres no point in getting too much in.

Kim
29-11-2007, 08:23 PM
We always buy extra, it's sort of tradition really and there is so much to tempt in the shops and too many 'special' offers. I have a couple of boxes of after eights in the cupboard. I have a lot of extra guests for christmas day & Boxing day so will need plenty of food!

dandysmom
29-11-2007, 10:07 PM
Since I'm only cooking for myself for Christmas dinner, I really don't buy any extras; although I always have nuts and chocolates around for anyone who drops in, and drinks, of course.....

EmmaG
29-11-2007, 10:51 PM
yes- OH always buys a tin of twiglets which he doesn't eat