PDA

View Full Version : Argh! We Have Fleas!

Amber
25-11-2007, 03:48 PM
For the first time in almost four years I've found a flea on Amber :roll: I was just sitting giving her a little check over as I like to do once a week for any wounds/scratches etc and there it was as bold as brass!

I've gone into overdrive and treated Amber, Max and the entire house :-D I'm high on flea treatment fumes now!

smudgley
25-11-2007, 03:52 PM
chill out!

what's the odd flea amongst friends. :-D

Amber
25-11-2007, 03:53 PM
chill out!

what's the odd flea amongst friends. :-D

I'm a bit mad with fleas as you could probably tell :lol:

stormy1
28-11-2007, 06:04 AM
im sorry about your cat:cry:

yola
28-11-2007, 10:36 AM
im sorry about your cat:cry:

Why - cos Amber has a flea :? A bit of an annoyance I grant you but hardly something to cry over!! :shock:

kado
28-11-2007, 11:37 AM
I hate fleas. When we first got kado i used to comb him constanley and pick the all out. HE is the only one now that will let you comb him without attacking the comb.

Tanya
28-11-2007, 07:10 PM
I went mad when Oli had fleas! If he sees the comb now he attacks it. I have given the poor boy a phobia because I combed him so much. :)

Amber
28-11-2007, 07:14 PM
All has returned to normal :-D Amber is flea free and I've recovered from the fumes!

I'm sure it was just a stray flea but they make me feel funny :lol:

cybeeb
05-12-2007, 03:55 AM
Fleas are actually a very serious problem. We just lost one of our babies Monday because of fleas.
When fleas bite cats they can leave a parasite in the bloodstream that drains all the red blood cells. The parasite keeps going from red blood cell to red blood cell till the cat is dead.
Our baby was only three years old. We have never had fleas in the house and cannot imagine where she got fleas. We have one house dog who is treated so he doesn't bring fleas in. Our cats are not allowed outside.
But please don't think fleas aren't serious.
Fleas kill!

kado
05-12-2007, 11:10 AM
Sadly they can be serious my very first 2 kittens 5 years ago both died of flea animea. The vet said they where too young to leave there mother as well and i think they had cat flu i only had them a few weeks as well. I am parinod about them as well because of what has happened.

jane

Grete
05-12-2007, 01:16 PM
Wow cybeeb, I'd not heard that before - I know cats can be allergic to their bite and it's dangerous for kittens because they can become severely anaemic but not that a parasite can be introduced.

Kay
09-12-2007, 09:34 PM
Fleas are very dangerous and precautions must be taken even with indoor cats. Fleas can be brought in on dogs or other animals that do go out and even ourselves. Preventative measures should always be kept up to date.