PDA

View Full Version : Cats needing neutering from today...

smudgley
24-11-2007, 07:14 PM
.... you may have seen the thread yesterday about the events planned for today........ I've been out today in Dudley town centre, promoting good pet owenership.
One couple asked me if they could get their cat neutered for free :roll: I asked some questions, then they said they could do with getting the 2 older cats done as they have both had 5 litters each, I then asked how many cats they had alltogether, to which they replied.... 9 inside, plus the ones from the last 2 litters, making 15, plus the 2 outside ones, both female, both have had litters, but they don't know where the kittens went or where they are now. :shock:

I said to them I would do a deal! We would pay full cost for all the cats to be done, on the condition that they get them all neutered including the 2 outdoor ones and we would lend them traps to catch the 2 outdoor ones, who are not very tame.

They agreed & I sorted out the paperwork to get 17 cats neutered.

Kazz
24-11-2007, 07:23 PM
I bet the neighbours hold out a big "Thank You Banner" for you Smudgley......well at least they came forward and asked for help.

Good on them. But I bet the numbers of unwanted homeless cats go down in that area next year.

Karen

borderdawn
24-11-2007, 08:11 PM
Result!!!!

Jane
24-11-2007, 08:29 PM
Great news! :D (Patch was neutered for free, not sure how that happened though lol)

alexgirl73
24-11-2007, 09:25 PM
great news smudgley! I bet the poor cats would thank you if they could too.

dandysmom
24-11-2007, 09:53 PM
Oh well done you! Those poor cats,,,,, :shock:

random
24-11-2007, 09:59 PM
17! :shock:

Wonder if they will bother to catch them?

yola
24-11-2007, 10:04 PM
It's terrifying isn't it? That is SO common throughout the country you would think people had their heads in the sand or something (maybe they have)!! :shock:

Well done you on trying to get these folks to understand that problem they have helped to create and to get them to start putting it right. Hopefully they will trap the outdoor cats and all will be well :D

MrsH
24-11-2007, 11:18 PM
Well done on your great work today Smudgley, hope they manage to keep their end of the deal!

smudgley
24-11-2007, 11:52 PM
You know what though, they were actually really nice people. They had a couple of cats, that had kittens & the rest is history. They have promised to get them all done & they've got my phone number to call me when they need a trap. They seemed to love their cats very much & I asked if we could maybe help to rehome some of the kittens, but they said no, they had made a consious decision to keep them as they couldn't find homes for them when they were younger.
I said the 2 girls who've had 5 litters, should be done first & that it wasn't good on their health to just let them keep reproducing like that. They seemed to take on board what I'd told them.... and trotted off with their 17 free operations in their hand. :roll:

Grete
25-11-2007, 12:54 AM
Good grief! At least they have seen the light and hopefully will get them done.

Mags
25-11-2007, 11:45 AM
A good day's work I would say Smudgley ......well done!! :D

angieh
25-11-2007, 04:52 PM
Well done Smudgely! Let's all hope that those people actually get their cats done. Better late than never.

ajs
25-11-2007, 10:36 PM
Good grief - fingers crossed they follow it through and the cats get neutered.

I am sure you are absolutely right though - there are loads of people out there in the same boat.

They start with a couple of kittens and forget to get them done in time - one thing leads to another and then they can't afford to get all the new kittens done.

It does not take long for things get so out of control that they shut it out of their conciousness and say "cats will be cats" (or something like that)

But well done to them for thinking about it I guess...and brilliant that you are in a position to help them - well done Smudgley. You are a star :) !