PDA

View Full Version : Urgent Help Needed

NIGEL
24-11-2007, 01:08 PM
I Am Moving Abroad In 1 Week And I Have Been Let Down So I Now Have 4 Beautiful Loving House Trained Cats That Need A New Home Urgently.
They Are Hugo 3y, Cocoa 2y, Fudge 6 Mon And Felix 6 Mon . If You Can Help Please Ring Us (nigel/sue) On /prank call/

Thank You .

Jac
24-11-2007, 01:25 PM
Nigel I am sorry you have been let down. To be honest I'm wondering why you have two kittens of 6 months. I know it takes a lot of preparation and thought to move abroad. It just seems a bit strange to me.

charliebubs
24-11-2007, 02:27 PM
Nigel I am sorry you have been let down. To be honest I'm wondering why you have two kittens of 6 months. I know it takes a lot of preparation and thought to move abroad. It just seems a bit strange to me.

I was wondering the same thing Jac. I know that when I moved from Australia to the UK it took a lot of preparation and time. Plus I brought my cat with me.

I hope your cats find loving homes though.

smudgley
24-11-2007, 06:03 PM
Nigel, Sorry to sound harsh, but I don't think you will find anyone to take on 4 indoor L/H cats within a week. I appreciate you've been let down, but even so, seems a bit last minute to me. Our current waiting list is 12 weeks plus for taking in strays/ cats needing rehoming, so you'll be lucky to find someone who'll take them within days.

Are they neutered?

Elaine
24-11-2007, 06:09 PM
I am very sorry that you and your cats have been so badly let down last minute.
It may be an idea to get this on as many forums as possible as well as contacting as many shelters etc as you can.
Its gonna be be a hard task but fingers crossed you can get something sorted.

borderdawn
24-11-2007, 06:20 PM
Maybe the kittens were "home bred" ;)

yola
24-11-2007, 09:27 PM
I think that's a little harsh! And sometimes relocations can take place at quite short notice - happened to my ex!

Anyway, Nigel, I do hope you have luck finding homes for your 4 cats. Have you tried all your local rescue centres also? Do the cats have to be rehomed together? This is very sad, but you may have to be as flexible as possible where new homes are concerned and they may have to go to separate homes.

Can family help out? Can you/your partner remain in the UK for a few weeks longer to see the cats to new homes?

Whatever happens, please don't just dump them and run, please!

John
24-11-2007, 11:25 PM
Hi Nigel...If you can not find a home for them..please dont leave them to run the streets and find there own food..some one done that near me and when I found one it was skin and bone..can I suggest... Bath Cats and Dogs Home..as they never put a healthy animal down..

Grete
25-11-2007, 12:57 AM
I have to add my pleas here - do everything you can to find them new homes or a shelter than can take them, PLEASE don't just leave them or abandon them, they won't understand. I wish I could help I really do :(

Gaina
25-11-2007, 01:40 AM
I've been watching this thread, waiting to see what happens :). Now I know you're in Bath, try Cats Protection - Bath Branch (http://www.cats.org.uk/branch/bath/).

There are CP branches all over Somerset so you should be able to find somewhere safe for them to go :)

Jac
25-11-2007, 10:25 PM
The reason I'm taking time out from Catsey is this post and a lot of PM;s.
I'm sceptical of people now because of what has happened here in the recent weeks.
I phoned the number displayed (which I beleive is against most forum rules). Firstly no answer, then the person phoned me back but I was in the shower, I phoned back and said I thought we were playing telephone tag!!!! the guy was not impressed. He has NO cats and is totally fed up with what he calls "prank Calls"

If he was so desporate for homes for his 4 cats dont you think he would have been back? But I'm the blond one. No more said.

charliebubs
25-11-2007, 10:28 PM
I feel the same Jacs. This site just hasn't been the same in the last few months to the place I once loved and couldn't stay away from. :(

What a shame for the poor man whose number has been posted on these ads. People are so ridiculous and cruel sometimes. :(

dandysmom
25-11-2007, 10:40 PM
What a nasty prank to play on someone!!! I was surprised to see a phone number also; didn't think it was allowed......

Kim
25-11-2007, 10:41 PM
Why would someone want to do this, what kicks do they get?? This type of thing isn't exclusive to Catsey though, it can happen on any internet forum. The internet can be a wonderful place, but also open to exploitation.

Jac
25-11-2007, 10:48 PM
That's why it's agains most policys to put up no's. the poor bloke was at his wits end. YET I was the baddie to question it.
Sorry Az I just paid my membership but if this is the way to go I wont be doing it again. You HAVE to prtoect the innocent.
By the way has Nigel been back o since his post?

yola
25-11-2007, 11:15 PM
What a horrible and vindictive thing to do! So someone posted some bloke's number spuriously??? I must be especially gullible, but it didn't dawn on me for a single second that this could be a hoax.

Live and learn. Jac, your gut instinct was right, you're a very good reader of people.

Edit to say, surely that number should be deleted now?

Az
25-11-2007, 11:32 PM
As Kim has said, this thing happens on the net all the time. Unfortunately we just have to take people's word for it, and of course, always take what you hear or read on the web with a large pinch of salt.

With regards to telephone numbers, in cases of rehoming we allow them, because sometimes it could make the difference between someone finding a home and someone not finding a home. Also, it's up to people whether they want to post their numbers up or not.

We don't usually allow emails tho, as they can get picked up by spammers very easily, but again, sometimes make exceptions when it comes to rescues.

/Thread closed.