PDA

View Full Version : tomorrow...

Tink
24-11-2007, 04:54 AM
i am making the three and a half hour drive to my parents house to visit (they just got a new 3 month old bichon frise too!) and...
I'M TAKING KUAN YIN WITH ME.
she's always been good in the car, never cried or anything..but she's never made a trip this long. we will be leaving early in the morning..staying at my parents house for most of the day then making the trip back again at night(we can't stay overnight..too many babies to care for at home).
any suggestions?
i'm going to bring a small litter tray, food and water, her carrier, harness and leash...
anything else i should put on my list?
(i can't bear to leave her in her room all day so i'm taking her with me..LOL)

Grete
24-11-2007, 08:58 AM
Awww hope she enjoys the trip :) Only things I can think of to add are maybe a blanket her scent is on and a toy :)

Fran
24-11-2007, 09:04 AM
Have a safe journey Tink and an enjoyable day at your parents :D

Jane
24-11-2007, 09:45 AM
Have a good day :) I'm sure she'll be fine aslong as either she has a big carrier or you stop on the journey for loo breaks, food, water etc. (don't want her going to the loo in the carrier if you can help it ;))

Jac
24-11-2007, 09:49 AM
I hope you have a really enjoyable day.

Mags
24-11-2007, 12:35 PM
Have a good day at your parents, Tink.... I'm sure Kuan Yin will be fine....:D

Don't forget your camera to take a pic of your parents' new bichon frise !:D

Safe journey!

dandysmom
24-11-2007, 05:01 PM
Have a safe trip, Tink. Kuan Yin is a spunky little girl, I'm sure she'll be fine. Get some "meeting the dog" pics...
that could be a cute photo op!

kado
24-11-2007, 05:09 PM
I sure she will be fine. I travelled from hull to bath with my too at least twice they loved it. Yes i cant wait for the pics as well they will be so cute.

jane

smudgley
24-11-2007, 06:07 PM
Well I'm sure she will be ok, but given the choice of spending the day home alone in a familiar environment or a 7 hr car journey, my guess is she'd probably rather be home alone.

Grete
25-11-2007, 01:14 AM
I think it depends very much on the cat - some cats love to be in cars or are happiest with their owners or indeed get too stressed by the whole deal.

My two I wouldn't dream of it because of how they are in cars. Other cats I know tho, seem to love it like dogs do :)

dandysmom
25-11-2007, 03:00 AM
My Pura, Dandy adored riding in cars! He was like a dog, stuck his head out the window. As I don't drive, it was a very rare treat for him; it used to embarrass me when he was out walking on his harness and someone pulled up to park and exit the car: Dandy would rush over and try to get in it! Took some explaining that I had that rare creature, a car-loving cat! :-D

Tink
25-11-2007, 10:51 AM
well, i was amazed how wonderfully my baby girl did in the car!! she snuggled on my lap in a blankie and slept away and just opened her eyes once in awhile to look around and then fall back asleep.
she wasn't very impressed with my mom's chihuahua and the adult and puppy bichon frises she had though...funny, she happily beats up our sixty pound dog at home but she turns up her nose at something closer to her size! it was the first time i saw her growl and hiss...Luckily, she was happy as a clam when i brought her upstairs to my old room. It has a window looking out into the forest, a bed, tv, some loveseats, and even a treadmill to crawl on..LOL. i left her in there the next ten hours and went in and checked on her every hour and took a two hour nap in there with her while she watched animal planet on the bed before we hit the road again. she used the litter box i brought but didn't feel like eating until she was in HER home...LOL. we are all settled now..OH is passed out snoring and she is playing with her early christmas presents she got from grandma.:-D

dandysmom
25-11-2007, 04:35 PM
Sounds as if she had a relatively pleasant day! Glad she behaved so well for you, what a good little girl she is. Any pics?

Tink
26-11-2007, 06:35 AM
Sounds as if she had a relatively pleasant day! Glad she behaved so well for you, what a good little girl she is. Any pics?

no kitty pics...it was a bit overwhelming and i forgot...just the puppy pics in the other thread. but here's one with me and my parents:lol:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y228/Khaosinc/goodlookin.jpg

Grete
26-11-2007, 09:12 AM
Glad she made the trip OK, so sweet she napped all the way on your lap ;)

I love the pic of you and your parents :)

Mags
26-11-2007, 02:11 PM
That's a lovely pic of you with your parents Tink ........ thank you for sharing it with us...:D

dandysmom
26-11-2007, 05:00 PM
Loved the pic of you and your parents!!