PDA

View Full Version : Tomorrow, I am....

smudgley
23-11-2007, 08:40 PM
going to be in Dudley Town centre with the big yellow CP bus (the one we used for the neutering campaign) & we will be there along with some other animal charities, promoting responsible pet ownership & then it's the Christmas lights switch on, with someone so famous, I've forgotten who it is. :roll: I'll take some photos if I remember the camera.

Kazz
23-11-2007, 08:55 PM
Now Now Smudgley you know the famous person is someone who is so famous they don't need an introduction......;)

Best of luck....and happy bucket rattling.

yola
23-11-2007, 09:04 PM
Hmmm Gissa clue Smudgely! Even the Dudley News is being cagey about it . . . must be someone really special!

We have some minor celeb from Coronation Street doing ours in Reading - can't tell you who as I've never seen the programme :oops:

smudgley
23-11-2007, 09:04 PM
No buckets being rattled Kazz.
Just chatting to people about cats.

smudgley
23-11-2007, 09:06 PM
Hmmm Gissa clue Smudgely! Even the Dudley News is being cagey about it . . . must be someone really special!

We have some minor celeb from Coronation Street doing ours in Reading - can't tell you who as I've never seen the programme :oops:

No seriously I can't remeber, I think it was a boy band.... hang on I'll text my niece, she'll remember who it is...

smudgley
23-11-2007, 09:11 PM
Maybe not a boyband :oops: .... I just found this.....

Festive fun is set to fill the streets of Dudley’s town centre on Saturday 24 November for the annual Christmas light switch-on.

Celebrity Stephanie McIntosh who played Sky Bishop Mangle in Neighbours will illuminate the town centre when she switches on the magical lights in the High Street at 5pm.

Beacon Radio will host an afternoon of entertainment in the Market Place at High Street between 12noon and 5pm where local Elvis tribute act Mark Fletcher will perform for the crowds with dancers from Dudley’s Pheonix Theatre Company.

The Coseley Comets Marching Band and groups from Dudley College will also provide music and Children from Castle High, Priory Primary and Blowers Green schools will sing popular Christmas songs.

Producers Fresh and Jo from Beacon, Mark Fletcher and Santa will join Stephanie McIntosh for the big switch-on at 5pm, where snow cannons will make the scene even more Christmassy. The Neighbours celebrity will also take to the Beacon stage from 3pm - 3.45pm and 4.15 – 4.45pm where she will meet the crowds and sign autographs.

Throughout the day a jazz band will wander around the town centre entertaining shoppers and a stilt walking Santa and Elf will be on hand to keep the children amused.
Stone Street Square will be a further hive of activity with representatives from local animal welfare associations including Monmore Retired Greyhound Trust, Cats Protection League, Underhill Rabbit Rescue and the Falconry Centre. Children and adults alike will have the opportunity to interact with animals and learn more about how to take care of them.

Local attractions Dudley Zoo and the Black Country Living Museum will join the animals in Stone Street Square with fun free activities and give-aways including face painting and a bouncy castle. Dudley Zoo mascot Jambi the tiger will be on hand to entertain youngsters.

A free land train will run from behind the Beacon stage in High Street to take shoppers across to Stone Street Square. Donkey rides will also be operating between High Street and the square so it’s hoped that everyone will come along and say hello to the animals.

yola
23-11-2007, 09:16 PM
Stephanie McIntosh who played Sky Bishop Mangle in Neighbours

Dudley Zoo mascot Jambi the tiger will be on hand to entertain youngsters.

WHAT kind of name is that!!!! I have not a clue who that is, must be an age thing :oops:

Next question - how can a tiger entertain youngsters :shock: :shock: :shock:

Notwithstanding my ignornace, I hope you have a fun but useful day Kelly :-D