PDA

View Full Version : big bully cat picking on my 2

CathyW
23-11-2007, 01:36 PM
darn thing tried to get through the cat flap after their food today. hes always picking on the boys.
i threw the contents of their water bowl at him. dont hurt but might make him think twice. dont mind he was standing on our path giving me verbal :shock:
the bully cat has had it rough his owner moved n left him behind, so he lives in a couple of houses down the way. but hes not moving in on our place, sorry ziggy.

dandysmom
23-11-2007, 05:43 PM
Oh how annoying, BM! Hope the water treatment will discourage him......

Grete
23-11-2007, 07:04 PM
Grrr yet another cat being left behind, what is wrong with people??

Is the cat definately getting enough food from the homes he is going into? Sounds like he could do with having one place he could call home :(

CathyW
23-11-2007, 08:24 PM
i do feel sorry for him,but cant have him in here ben (the dog) would go nuts. also not fair on my 2 is it,

Kazz
23-11-2007, 08:54 PM
People seem to conside cats are almost disposable I have given up counting the number of conversations over the years with people who say "The cat never comes in" "Cats are so boring" "The cat goes out at night regardless of the weather" "Cats aren't like dogs they don't need people" that sort of thing I have had row after row Disposable mind you some of the people I don't blame the cats I'd have ignored them too :)

I hope he finds a home but sounds like he is meant to be a wanderer regardless of a home base....try to discourage him if you can.But I have noticed over the years once a cat has the upper hand with any other cats they come back and make sure they get the point of who is in charge....Feel sorry for your boys. Does not Ben intervene at all or defend the home fires from all other feline intruders. I have found dogs to be a perfect back up for my cats over the years. Not that Oz needed back up, but I always thought he considered it his "secret weapon" in wars with other cats....producing as if by magic a Staffordshire Bull Terrier or two as back up.

Best of luck discouraging him.
Karen

CathyW
24-11-2007, 07:43 PM
we are in an upstairs flat, and to get to the front door u have to go down a flight of stairs. so its chaos when ziggy comes calling, my 2 zoom upstairs, ben tries to get down stairs, all at the same time!!!!!!!!!!!!!
theres another of the neighbours who has her 2 out all day n night, during the summer she dont feed them they have to catch their own food. as soon as u get out of your car the little ones there all round u wanting food.
god ill be glad to move.!!!!

Kazz
24-11-2007, 09:24 PM
Sounds like bedlam....and yes I imagine moving might be the best ever plan .....have aI missed something though when do you move?

Grete
25-11-2007, 01:10 AM
Sorry Boysmum, I didn't mean to sound like I thought you should take him in! I just meant, he might be better off going to be rehomed somewhere he can be permanently.

CathyW
25-11-2007, 10:40 AM
Sounds like bedlam....and yes I imagine moving might be the best ever plan .....have aI missed something though when do you move?after living with the neighbours from hell :evil: we have got an exchange to essex. back to my old town. got my daughter there, plus loads of friends. so although its going to be a downsize move it will be a move for the better.
so most of my flat is in boxes (again :roll: ) the boys think its fun climbing in all the boxes :lol: but we will be off on the 10th of dec, just in time for christmas :-D

Elaine
25-11-2007, 10:47 AM
Such a shame for all cats in that position from the bully to the bullied. For the bully its not about being a bad cat, its about survival and sadly for your two its a frightening experience which creates alot of stress within their own home. Very sad indeed.
Good luck with your move though, it sounds perfect and I hope you and the boys will be much more relaxed in the new home.

CathyW
25-11-2007, 10:39 PM
Such a shame for all cats in that position from the bully to the bullied. For the bully its not about being a bad cat, its about survival and sadly for your two its a frightening experience which creates alot of stress within their own home. Very sad indeed.
Good luck with your move though, it sounds perfect and I hope you and the boys will be much more relaxed in the new home.cant wait to move. we have started getting the cats in earlier each week, at the moment i like them in by 3pm this week it will be by 12. then the week b4 we move they will be in all the time. oh boy back to the stinky litter trays.