PDA

View Full Version : Art/large pictures/painings/photo's

Kazz
22-11-2007, 05:59 PM
Okay people I am asking your help here I want to put a big picture in my bedroom and one in the "office" so to speak...so where would you recommend I go to look art colleges....where.

Not sure what I want but I will know what I want when I see it.:-D

Donna
22-11-2007, 06:19 PM
There is an art shop in the town where I work which sells lots of original paintings and prints... would you have anything like this near you?

yola
22-11-2007, 06:21 PM
What's your budget Karen? That is a huge deciding factor on where you start looking.

EmmaG
22-11-2007, 07:29 PM
Next do some nice large prints at a good price, if you don't mind having non originals

Kazz
22-11-2007, 08:41 PM
next...I bet thats where I have seen them and Yola my budget is as little as possible. :)

dandysmom
22-11-2007, 09:41 PM
What sort of art do you like, traditional or modern? I've picked up some very nice paintings at local antique stores, flea markets and second hand places......

Or maybe take a look on eBay......

yola
22-11-2007, 11:16 PM
There are lots of high street places that will take one of your own photos (pet, friend/family, plant, landscape - anything infact) and turn it into a box canvas of any size which you can hang on your wall.

Alternatively, my friend who lives in Droitwich had some students from a local art school (is there one in Worcester?) round and she chose several paintings from them. That didn't cost a lot but they were (a) original and (b) potentially an investment!

Finally, what about going down to Hobbycraft, buying a couple of large box canvases and some paints and have a go yourself :-D

angieh
22-11-2007, 11:22 PM
Hi Kazz - I can recommend this internet company if you want to make one of your own original photos into artwork! I have used this company - they took great care about getting the image right.

http://www.thedigitalroom.co.uk/

This is also a good link for huge range of art posters (and others). I have not actually ordered anything from them, but you could get some ideas. They have a useful framing and wall colour guide too.

http://www.allposters.co.uk/

Of course buying an original from a young artist is probably the best idea - why not try your local art school/college?

Best wishes - would be interested to hear what you decide upon.

Angie :D

Kazz
23-11-2007, 11:44 AM
You know I will have a look at the local art school/college Thank you all support the youngsters....excellent idea.