PDA

View Full Version : Goo from Jets eyes

andrew021
21-11-2007, 11:46 AM
Noticed this morning Jet has a very bad discharge from both her eyes, green and gooey.

Cleaned it twice in the space of 30 mins with water and a kitchen towel.

Am hoping it aint anything serious, she was fine last nite but noticed as she came in this morning.

Just wondering if the cold wind had anything to do with it.

Any ideas or websites to look at.

Fran
21-11-2007, 11:48 AM
Sounds like an eye infection, any discharge which is green indicates infection. Don't mess about, get her seen by the vet straight away, eye infections can turn very nasty if neglected. Good luck and let us know how you get on

Jac
21-11-2007, 11:52 AM
I agree with Fran. If you have to wait for an appointment. I would suggest you add one tea spoon of salt to 1 pint of boiling water. Once it's cooled bathe both eyes using separate bits of cotton wool for each eye and separate bits for drying them. That should help in the mean time.

andrew021
21-11-2007, 11:57 AM
Thanks, am at work today and working tonite also, so will wait until tomorrow to see if it has cleared any.

Any sign of Jet being unwell, I whisk her to the vet straight away.

Was reading a few websites about it and they mention all the disease's it could be. Some people recommend human eye drops can be placed into the cats eye but I wouldnt do that unless the Vet says its OK.

Am hoping it will go away, if not she will be at the vet tomorrow.

Grete
21-11-2007, 09:20 PM
I hope Jet is doing OK, and if not you get a good solution at the vets.

Kay
22-11-2007, 12:24 AM
Hope Jet has improved today. Did you take her to the vets? A good soloution to bathe eyes in is warm (previously boiled) water with bicarbonate of soda mixed in. Bicarb is excellent at cleansing and healing.

andrew021
22-11-2007, 10:46 AM
The goo has stopped seeping from her eye and she seems fine, must have been out in the cold wind yesterday morning that caused it.

Thanks for the support

yola
22-11-2007, 11:30 AM
It does sound like conjunctivitis! My Fifi gets this a lot, and sometimes it will just clear up after a couple of days on its own but other times I need to use drops.

The drops I use are fucithalmic which I have also used on my son when he had an eye infection. I'll clarify that by saying the cats drops came from the vet and the son drops came from the doctor, but I checked the tubes and the strengths were identical!